Most protective case

Search This thread

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
heavy duty
This is JUNK. Unfortunately, nobody in the Chinese phone case manufacturing business seems to know squat about mixing TPU, so every cheap chinese TPU case will have a "polycarbonate hard shell" over a flexible HARD TPU shell.

I actually got this case from the person I bought my nexus from and was pleasantly surprised. I like the design better than the typical otterbox defender setup. The phone clips into the screen protector, while the shell is a hard back with rubber sides that clamp around the screen protector. The protector sits closer to the screen this way versus the defender design, which has two inner pieces clipped together around the phone. It feels well protected, there's a good amount of hard plastic on the back and front. It's easy enough to grip with the rubber sides and cutout for the dimple. I wouldn't have ever tried it if it didn't come with the phone, but I'm glad it did.

Reactions: ooofest

ooofest

Aug 17, 2011
NY
I actually got this case from the person I bought my nexus from and was pleasantly surprised. I like the design better than the typical otterbox defender setup. The phone clips into the screen protector, while the shell is a hard back with rubber sides that clamp around the screen protector. The protector sits closer to the screen this way versus the defender design, which has two inner pieces clipped together around the phone. It feels well protected, there's a good amount of hard plastic on the back and front. It's easy enough to grip with the rubber sides and cutout for the dimple. I wouldn't have ever tried it if it didn't come with the phone, but I'm glad it did.

I need a holster-style case and have been looking at the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro - does that appear to be essentially the same as your case described above, please? If so, I found your writeup very helpful and was wondering what you thought of the side button feel.

- ooofest

Reactions: joshm.1219

8Fishes

Feb 14, 2012
Thought I would give everyone an update. I've had this phone for a day. Put on a jelly comb TG.. went on almost perfect.
The case felt a tad light compared to my previous aegis case.
Takes about a minute to 'wrestle' it into the case, which is otherwise a snug fit after the hard outershell wraps around the soft rubber.
I do not believe the soft rubber will attract lint. It has a slight texture, and not completely smooth.

I've also gone the next step of doing some extremely light 'drop' tests. Just lifting it about an inch off the table and letting it fall along the various 'edges'. For the most part, the hard plastic covers any potential 'drops' unless it falls oriented face down. Then the softer 'lip' of the case which I feel like can survive a few good drops.

I got the blue one. I think I'll get the pink one now that trident has a 20% off coupon.

yekNxiS.jpg

Reactions: ooofest

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I like the trident case looks, I just ordered a black one. I've been using a ringgke max and really like it, not sure why the poster above said its not protective. It's a solid, good quality case. I might also buy a uag and see if it's as good as the reviews say. To me it seems like a me it's not as tough as a lot of others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get the UAG Case! Don't get that cheap case the other guy has. I'm using this UAG one right now and let me tell you, it's bloody fantastic.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/nexus-6-case
    heavy duty
    This is JUNK. Unfortunately, nobody in the Chinese phone case manufacturing business seems to know squat about mixing TPU, so every cheap chinese TPU case will have a "polycarbonate hard shell" over a flexible HARD TPU shell.

I need a holster-style case and have been looking at the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro - does that appear to be essentially the same as your case described above, please? If so, I found your writeup very helpful and was wondering what you thought of the side button feel.

- ooofest

- ooofest
    Yes that's exactly what I have. The side buttons work fine, press easy.
    Thought I would give everyone an update. I've had this phone for a day. Put on a jelly comb TG.. went on almost perfect.
    The case felt a tad light compared to my previous aegis case.
    Takes about a minute to 'wrestle' it into the case, which is otherwise a snug fit after the hard outershell wraps around the soft rubber.
    I do not believe the soft rubber will attract lint. It has a slight texture, and not completely smooth.

I've also gone the next step of doing some extremely light 'drop' tests. Just lifting it about an inch off the table and letting it fall along the various 'edges'. For the most part, the hard plastic covers any potential 'drops' unless it falls oriented face down. Then the softer 'lip' of the case which I feel like can survive a few good drops.

I got the blue one. I think I'll get the pink one now that trident has a 20% off coupon.

yekNxiS.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone