Most stable LineageOS for Z5C?

Search This thread

oldmanhouse

Nov 3, 2011
I'm running the stock Sony ROM on my Z5C, which is Android 7.1 and some apps I use are no longer supporting 7. So an upgrade to a minimum of Oreo/8 is necessary.

My question is, for stabilty, are the LineageOS builds based on 9/10/11 stable enough for daily use?

I would value simple setup without having to tweak things even if it means an older Android version. I made do with 7 for years so not too bothered about using latest version if it means compatibility problems and annoying bugs.

Any advice from users who are using LineageOS? 🙏

litelinux

Dec 8, 2019
For both stability and app compatibility, go with Berni's LineageOS 17.1. It's very stable and suitable for daily use.

For apps that require Android 11 (not sure how many of those exist), go with 18.1. Equally stable but may be slower than 17.1 at some parts (especially the media player in the Quick Settings, but that's mostly Android's fault, as it's slow on my newer devices too.)

19.1 is in beta but also worth a try, if the device is not your main one.

Reactions: oldmanhouse

litelinux

Dec 8, 2019
As for the setup, installing custom ROMs only has an initial hurdle, which is unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP. There are guides in this forum that can help with that. After that everything is a breeze.

Reactions: oldmanhouse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For both stability and app compatibility, go with Berni's LineageOS 17.1. It's very stable and suitable for daily use.

For apps that require Android 11 (not sure how many of those exist), go with 18.1. Equally stable but may be slower than 17.1 at some parts (especially the media player in the Quick Settings, but that's mostly Android's fault, as it's slow on my newer devices too.)

19.1 is in beta but also worth a try, if the device is not your main one.
    As for the setup, installing custom ROMs only has an initial hurdle, which is unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP. There are guides in this forum that can help with that. After that everything is a breeze.