Most stable Manta ROM?

Search This thread

Proxin

Feb 6, 2009
Pallet Town
Hi,
I was trying to get my Nexus 10 to be useful as an everyday note device a few months back... but I kept running into random freezes and reboots. This was on Resurrection Remix, if I remember right.

I had tried multiple Android OS versions on this ROM, and if I remember right, one of them had severe WiFi issues.

Is there any ROM that provides stability, reliability, working WiFi, and performance + root access? I was trying to install crDroid OS, but couldn't find any mirrors available for the download...

Reactions: Xorok and IOtacle

mikefive

Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

i am extremly satisfied using this one here: https://dl.omnirom.org/manta/omni-6.0.1-20161123-manta-SECURITY_RELEASE.zip

..use it with microG + fdroid and aurora store to minimize RAM bloat and got a smooth, stable system with working wifi, camera and root (via magisk)

used lineage 15 before- it was quite ok, but i had to agree that the marshmellow/lineage 13 series is better in almost every aspect for this device.

Reactions: Xorok and perfect_

perfect_

Aug 17, 2013
Hi,

i am extremly satisfied using this one here: https://dl.omnirom.org/manta/omni-6.0.1-20161123-manta-SECURITY_RELEASE.zip

..use it with microG + fdroid and aurora store to minimize RAM bloat and got a smooth, stable system with working wifi, camera and root (via magisk)

used lineage 15 before- it was quite ok, but i had to agree that the marshmellow/lineage 13 series is better in almost every aspect for this device.

Omni 6.0.1 has less bloatware then LOS13.0 so i am using it for a while. Removed some Omni apps and i added a lot of tweaks too its build.prop file. It works great.

Edit: I am updated the file 01/06/2020
- Added Adguard dns
- Improved scrolling
- Fixed UI fps between 40 to 60
- Enabled Adapted Wifi speed (this will improve wifi modules life)
- Enabled smooth streaming
- Enabled smooth signals
- Enabled Android's performance tuning
- Force enabled Video hw acceleration
- Disabled nfc
- Locked some apps to the ram (Firefox, Play Store, Gboard, Webview, Adskipper,..)
- Disabled multi user
- Disabled zram
- Added some tweaks to improve Bluetooth audio quality
- Enabled EIS
- Limited bg services
- Improved audio quality
- Enabled noise cancellation
- Some power saving tweaks for wifi/bt/sensors
etc..

Attachments

• Tweaked_buildprop_for_Omni_6.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Reactions: freshlysqueezed

slipnslider

Dec 12, 2011
Omni 6.0.1 has less bloatware then LOS13.0 so i am using it for a while. Removed some Omni apps and i added a lot of tweaks too its build.prop file. It works great.

- Added Adguard dns
- Improved scrolling
- Enabled smooth signals
- Disabled nfc
- Locked some apps to the ram (Firefox, Play Store, Gboard, Webview, Adskipper,..)
- Disabled multi user
- Disabled zram
- Enabled EIS
- Limited bg services
- Improved audio quality
etc..

Do you have the thread for the original release/develop of the ROM? There was a bunch of old ones in the Nexus 10 Development forums and I wasn't sure which ones this was

Reactions: Xorok

Xorok

Jan 4, 2013
Vienna
Hi,

Which Gapps package works with OmniROM 6.0.1? When I flash OpenGapps (ARM 6 nano/pico) everything just crashes on startup.

rfkd

Jul 22, 2012
Ulm
Finally I also want to flash a custom ROM as my N10 with latest stock Android has become very slow, although I'm trimming regularly. Based on your discussions OmniROM seems to be a good start. Is there a reason why you chose 6.0.1 over 7.1.2? Is any ROM automatically trimming the filesystem? Thanks.

mikefive

Oct 23, 2018
CM13 is way smoother compared to CM14 in my opinion. Generally it tends to use less more ram (which is fine on this old devices ;)) I don't need to trim it manually until now, so i assume: yes it does :)
Also, if you need the camera, CM13 is the last working version.

hope this helps :)

mikefive

Oct 23, 2018
sry, i used them synonymous- which is in fact not quite correct as omnirom afaik is ASOP based :) ..but to answer your question: yes it does apply. i've tested several versions of android (esp. LOS14-16 and the omni-rom 6.0.1) and found the omni rom is far the smoothest. The newer versions are not bad at all, but you feel a signifcant difference if you use the older one (see also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81724919&postcount=9 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81732439&postcount=11 )

Last edited:

rfkd

Jul 22, 2012
Ulm
How to root OmniROM 6.0.1 properly? I tried SuperSU 1.80 (as suggested in the OmniROM wiki) and 2.82 SR5 without success. Version 1.80 says "no SU binary found", version 2.82 attempts to install it every time I open the SuperSU app. Both flashed via TWRP.

Which Gapps package works with OmniROM 6.0.1? When I flash OpenGapps (ARM 6 nano/pico) everything just crashes on startup.
Open GApps (ARM / 6.0 / nano) work fine for me.

lamjanus

May 2, 2013
How to apply this .zip?

- Added Adguard dns
- Improved scrolling
- Enabled smooth signals
- Disabled nfc
- Disabled multi user
- Disabled zram
- Enabled EIS
- Limited bg services
- Improved audio quality
etc..

davide4688

Apr 18, 2012
How to apply this .zip?

Just open the file omni-6.0.1-20161123-manta-SECURITY_RELEASE.zip, go to folder system and replace the file build.prop.

I have installed:
  • omni-6.0.1-20161123-manta-SECURITY_RELEASE.zip
  • open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20201017.zip
  • twrp-3.4.0-0-manta.img

Works without any issues by followint this video on youtube: watch?v=qlkmdwgY2JE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I was trying to get my Nexus 10 to be useful as an everyday note device a few months back... but I kept running into random freezes and reboots. This was on Resurrection Remix, if I remember right.

I had tried multiple Android OS versions on this ROM, and if I remember right, one of them had severe WiFi issues.

Is there any ROM that provides stability, reliability, working WiFi, and performance + root access? I was trying to install crDroid OS, but couldn't find any mirrors available for the download...
    Hi,

Hi,

- Added Adguard dns
    - Improved scrolling
    - Enabled smooth signals
    - Disabled nfc
    - Disabled multi user
    - Disabled zram
    - Enabled EIS
    - Limited bg services
    - Improved audio quality
    etc..

- Added Adguard dns
    - Improved scrolling
    - Enabled smooth signals
    - Disabled nfc
    - Disabled multi user
    - Disabled zram
    - Enabled EIS
    - Limited bg services
    - Improved audio quality
    etc..

Do you have the thread for the original release/develop of the ROM? There was a bunch of old ones in the Nexus 10 Development forums and I wasn't sure which ones this was
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone