Question Motherboard overheating

Search This thread

DarknessWarrior

Oct 10, 2011
Beja
dwjorgeb.com
Until now it's all hearsay, I haven't really seen any proof that Mi 11 devices are actually having these issues.

That being said, it's natural for some devices to have issues. This happens with literally every model of every brand. That's why warranties were created in the first place, otherwise if all devices were perfect, warranties would be useless.

I've had mine for about 2 months and never had any overheating issues. Not even while gaming. The only time I felt it hot in my hand was when running a few Antutu benchmarks back to back.

Mrboombastixx

Jan 14, 2021
Until now it's all hearsay, I haven't really seen any proof that Mi 11 devices are actually having these issues.

That being said, it's natural for some devices to have issues. This happens with literally every model of every brand. That's why warranties were created in the first place, otherwise if all devices were perfect, warranties would be useless.

I've had mine for about 2 months and never had any overheating issues. Not even while gaming. The only time I felt it hot in my hand was when running a few Antutu benchmarks back to back.
Agreed, not a problem for me either being using it since January, especially on the new MIUI 12.5 update. My Mi 11 feels so much better than ever. Cheers

C

CYBERWORMHOLE

My phone just crashed while i was trying to post this
Those are my temps and I'm just uploading an archive on wifi everything is off the sim is set on 2G all low brightness and 60hz
Are these temps normal? It's not the first time it gets hot from uploading or downloading
In normal usage i usually get 5 hours with 50 percent remaining but when I upload or download something it drains from 50 to 25 in 30 minutes wtf

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_013712.jpg
    IMG_20210426_013712.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 190

DarknessWarrior

Oct 10, 2011
Beja
dwjorgeb.com
My phone just crashed while i was trying to post this
Those are my temps and I'm just uploading an archive on wifi everything is off the sim is set on 2G all low brightness and 60hz
Are these temps normal? It's not the first time it gets hot from uploading or downloading
In normal usage i usually get 5 hours with 50 percent remaining but when I upload or download something it drains from 50 to 25 in 30 minutes wtf

Those temps look normal if you're using it. Uploading big files and using the Wi-Fi hard takes quite a bit of energy and releases quite a bit of heat off the modem.

I've tried to run several speedtests back to back on my Wi-Fi and the phone gets a bit warm to the touch, especially on the top, but I couldn't call it hot, just warm. Temps are similar to yours, up to 50'sC on the CPU and 38 on the battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-26-11-54-19-197_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-11-54-19-197_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2021-04-26-11-51-38-140_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-11-51-38-140_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 117
C

CYBERWORMHOLE

Those temps look normal if you're using it. Uploading big files and using the Wi-Fi hard takes quite a bit of energy and releases quite a bit of heat off the modem.

I've tried to run several speedtests back to back on my Wi-Fi and the phone gets a bit warm to the touch, especially on the top, but I couldn't call it hot, just warm. Temps are similar to yours, up to 50'sC on the CPU and 38 on the battery
My battery was at 44-45 and the cpu was 49 is that normal for the battery?

C

CYBERWORMHOLE

My battery was at 44-45 and the cpu was 49 is that normal?
Edit: i posted again by mistake

RichardSauer

Nov 1, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have overheating issues. I'm waiting to send it back to get a new one. One day the phone got suddenly really hot then i shutdown. And then it didn't turn on. Then I plugged it in and the mainboard gets up to 55 Celsius. With some tricks you can turn it on but it only charge with around 450mA with the 55W charger and is still very hot until you disconnect the charger.

hhwjthje

Jul 8, 2015
This isn't a new issue for Xiaomi. From the mi 10 t/t pro to the poco x3 pro and f3, it seems to interest a wide array of models. If this reassures people at least for the mi 10t/t pro later revisions fixed the issue

Top Liked Posts