Moto 360 5.0.1 update file

Search This thread

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
http://android.clients.google.com/p...ned-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip

to update:
Go into a shell on the watch with su and...

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /cache

mv /sdcard/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip /cache/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip

echo 'boot-recovery ' > /cache/recovery/command
echo '--update_package=/cache/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip' >> /cache/recovery/command
echo '--wipe_cache' >> /cache/recovery/command
echo 'reboot' >> /cache/recovery/command
reboot recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: GeyerA and d14gvn

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
I keep getting permission denied

Ive ran root a few times I have the drivers install right for sure not sure what im doing wrong

Last edited:

Kamekazegoldi

Jul 8, 2008
Mannheim
I don't really get it how to connect via shell to my watch. Is it the same as installing apk's over adb bluetooth debugging bridge?
Could you provide further instructions how to install the update manually?

Thanks!

npjohnson

May 3, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
http://android.clients.google.com/p...ned-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip

to update:
Go into a shell on the watch with su and...

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 /cache

mv /sdcard/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip /cache/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip

echo 'boot-recovery ' > /cache/recovery/command
echo '--update_package=/cache/98cdf4ca90c4693edd379d67cdcf86e283058b81.signed-metallica-LWX48P-from-KNX01S.98cdf4ca.zip' >> /cache/recovery/command
echo '--wipe_cache' >> /cache/recovery/command
echo 'reboot' >> /cache/recovery/command
reboot recovery

Worked (almost) perfect! Except, the "mv" command caused it to error out with "Invalid Arguement:Cross-Device Link" (Due to the implementation of blocked cross device linking with the mv command, bypassable by just cp'ing) Just replaced it with "cp" and the problem was solved.

Though this has already been said, the 4.4w1 insecure boot.img no longer roots 5.0.1. Probably due to incompatibilliuies, I'll work up a new rooted boot.img this weekend. Sadly looks like its going to require flashing the boot.img, not just booting it.

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
You have to have the bootloader unlocked and rooted hooked up via Modded USB cable. Then use the super tool script iin the dev section to install drivers for fastboot. Then back out to that folder make sure you not clicked on anything right click anywhere I think but I right click on the fastboot file while holding the SHIFT key and open in command window the type adb devices to make sure you hooked up right and you have accepted it on your phone Witch you must click accept the adb on your phone to accept the computer access. Once you know your hooked up right type adb shell and boom there you go.

Prfndhatrdofman

Sep 12, 2010
Redmond
having some trouble.

I've got shell, and then su, i've got a prompt with #

Tried the mv command, and like that other guy, got a cross link error. So i tried cp instead of mv, and now get no such file or directory...

I should mention I'm doing this from adb on Windows. Am I missing something??

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
having some trouble.

I've got shell, and then su, i've got a prompt with #

Tried the mv command, and like that other guy, got a cross link error. So i tried cp instead of mv, and now get no such file or directory...

I should mention I'm doing this from adb on Windows. Am I missing something??

Try this its what worked for me

coming from KNX01S, but I keep running into "Status 7" with the stock recovery and "Error executing updater script" with TWRP. Anybody have any better luck flashing this?

SOLVED!: I removed the get prop lines in the beginning of the update script and sideloaded in TWRP!

If anybody would like the modified package it can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...360/update.zip

This was not my fix only copied and pasted

Reactions: benmeroff

benmeroff

Sep 11, 2008
Austin
Try this its what worked for me

coming from KNX01S, but I keep running into "Status 7" with the stock recovery and "Error executing updater script" with TWRP. Anybody have any better luck flashing this?

SOLVED!: I removed the get prop lines in the beginning of the update script and sideloaded in TWRP!

If anybody would like the modified package it can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...360/update.zip

This was not my fix only copied and pasted
That Dropbox link seems to be down, do you still have that modified TWRP zip?

Found the original post, here's the original link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9407677/Moto 360/update.zip
Looks like the link text got shortened when copying/pasting, but it's all good now! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
That Dropbox link seems to be down, do you still have that modified TWRP zip?

Found the original post, here's the original link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9407677/Moto 360/update.zip
Looks like the link text got shortened when copying/pasting, but it's all good now! Thanks for sharing!
Sorry I had been running all day and beat here my own just in case it helps same zip just my own link

5.0.1 update zip Mirror https://www.dropbox.com/s/naliirhnblh6ihg/update.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

samteeee

Worked (almost) perfect! Except, the "mv" command caused it to error out with "Invalid Arguement:Cross-Device Link" (Due to the implementation of blocked cross device linking with the mv command, bypassable by just cp'ing) Just replaced it with "cp" and the problem was solved.

Though this has already been said, the 4.4w1 insecure boot.img no longer roots 5.0.1. Probably due to incompatibilliuies, I'll work up a new rooted boot.img this weekend. Sadly looks like its going to require flashing the boot.img, not just booting it.

Look forward to flashing the Rooted boot.img.
Thank you for doing it.

linusmax

May 11, 2003
Putignano (BA)
Update Today

In past day i have update to 5.0.1 LWX48P release. Today i have received automatic update on my watch to 5.0.1 LWX48T release. I don't know what is change but in past day I noticed a problem centering of my display; after update now the display is centered :)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone