Moto 360 Sport AW 2.0 only...

Search This thread

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
No, but in the drop-down you can push the theater mode without having to Swype for it, so it's not too much more of a hassle to access. It bothered me at first, but to be honest I don't use it nearly enough to complain. Just an update, my watch is at 65% and it's been off the charger for about 7 hours, and I've been using it.
That's decent battery life. I've been off for about 6 and have 85% left but not been messing around like I'm sure you're doing.

Theater mode was always available from the swipe down but the one time I really use it is when I shower or go swimming. Swipe doesn't work when it's wet so double tap was perfect. And actually going into a theater you have to turn it on, swipe twice, then tap again. Double tap I can just do it under my jacket sleeve and no one the wiser. But I'll deal with it if ever it arrives on my watch. Not sure why they got rid of that feature though.

There was something else that was mentioned about always on vs not? Seems you need to have it always on for something or other. Didn't pay that much attention obviously, but it would be fun to see a post by you that highlights the major differences that you've found.

lhkakex

Jun 16, 2013
For the battery life, seems that it's because it needs to update the apps
Turn on wifi on your watch,
Leave it on the charger for a night
Everything will turn normal after that
You might also want to disable auto update apps
(Access in watch's play store pull-down menu, then goto settings)

Nobodyslight

Feb 8, 2017
That's decent battery life. I've been off for about 6 and have 85% left but not been messing around like I'm sure you're doing.

Theater mode was always available from the swipe down but the one time I really use it is when I shower or go swimming. Swipe doesn't work when it's wet so double tap was perfect. And actually going into a theater you have to turn it on, swipe twice, then tap again. Double tap I can just do it under my jacket sleeve and no one the wiser. But I'll deal with it if ever it arrives on my watch. Not sure why they got rid of that feature though.

There was something else that was mentioned about always on vs not? Seems you need to have it always on for something or other. Didn't pay that much attention obviously, but it would be fun to see a post by you that highlights the major differences that you've found.

I plan to post a new thread tonight for the new update just for comments on performance, and I'll do a big post then. And you don't have to swipe twice for theater; the drop-down has been renovated, putting all the toggles on one page

Reactions: bobby janow

Kappade

Oct 16, 2012
With the Sport and AW2.0 , do you guys also notice that the dock/night modus screen gives (too much) light now? I can't set it on my nightdesk anymore, the screen gives to much light. With 1.5 only the numbers lighted up; but now also the screen gives a light glance.. :(

cyril5689

Oct 22, 2010
I all the time switch off the screen. But yes, i think it's much lighter than before.
I really appreciate this 2.0 version.

Last edited:

Just_Jim

Mar 3, 2010
Ever since the update, my phone shut off when the battery gets to around 35%. The only way to bring it back to life is to put it on the charger. When it reboots it shows 35% battery but shuts down as soon as I pick it up. Everything works great from 100% to 35%.

disobey

Jul 20, 2012
New Orleans
As I couldn't get the notification to go away about the update, I went ahead and updated. I have NOT been looking forward to 2.0 for all the obvious buggy reasons. First problem I see: not getting notifications. Great. Now I have a fancy wrist weight. F****ng done with this watch and especially Motorola and Lenovo.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
As I couldn't get the notification to go away about the update, I went ahead and updated. I have NOT been looking forward to 2.0 for all the obvious buggy reasons. First problem I see: not getting notifications. Great. Now I have a fancy wrist weight. F****ng done with this watch and especially Motorola and Lenovo.
Slow down buddy. It's not that bad. What do you mean no notifications?

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app

disobey

Jul 20, 2012
New Orleans
As in, not getting any notifications on the watch. Unpaired and reset, turned on notifications again and nothing. From any apps. Using any of the stock watch faces. Wear app and Moto app are up to date on my phone. I even tried uninstalling those and reinstalled. Battery life is less than half of what it used to be.

I'll give it these things, on watch keyboard is great with writing Hangouts messages. On watch play store is nice as well so far.

*Update* I'm starting to get notifications, but no vibration for them no matter what vibration setting I put it to. But I personally DO like the new notification system.

*Update 2* from 100% I'm discharging at a rate of 1% every two minutes. And that's while the screen is off from the brightness settings.

*Update 3* Home from work. Getting vibrating notifications now for about 7 hours going on. Everything is now great except for battery life. I am digging this update all except for the battery life. I guess letting the new OS cook some more will let time tell if it will get better.

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Following along @disobey . Glad the vibrations came back. I'm not seeing the battery drain that you are so hopefully that will settle down. I like the update too but I do wish we could get a readout of what drains the battery. Like an app or something you can view on the phone even. Anyway, keep us updated.

Reactions: disobey

Nobodyslight

Feb 8, 2017
Following along @disobey . Glad the vibrations came back. I'm not seeing the battery drain that you are so hopefully that will settle down. I like the update too but I do wish we could get a readout of what drains the battery. Like an app or something you can view on the phone even. Anyway, keep us updated.
You can, go to the Android Wear app and click the settings gear at the top. Then click on "Moto 360 Connected", then click watch battery.

I've charged mine to 100 before I went to bed and put it on and it's been on for about 11 hours, so not to bad battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-25-08-44-55.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-08-44-55.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 85

disobey

Jul 20, 2012
New Orleans
You can, go to the Android Wear app and click the settings gear at the top. Then click on "Moto 360 Connected", then click watch battery.

I've charged mine to 100 before I went to bed and put it on and it's been on for about 11 hours, so not to bad battery

I've been looking at my Wear app battery readout, and just like your screenshot of your's, the numbers aren't adding up for the amount of battery used since %100. I think we need a better-detailed app/task manager.

Nobodyslight

Feb 8, 2017
I've been looking at my Wear app battery readout, and just like your screenshot of your's, the numbers aren't adding up for the amount of battery used since %100. I think we need a better-detailed app/task manager.
It's not supposed to equal 100%. My phone is at 40% and it only has a total of 38% for all uses. That just shows you the services on top of what's going to be used no matter what.

disobey

Jul 20, 2012
New Orleans
I've gotten down to 44% and am recharging so that I can run Sleep with Android's sleep tracker while I sleep. I'm very interested in battery use while sleep tracking with 2.0. I haven't let the battery get low enough yet to test for the bug with shutting off prematurely. Will update more later. I'm thinking I may be sold on this update now. Looks like we may have the only smartwatch model that 2.0 didn't turn out to be a complete fail.

*update* A little delving into Reddit forums, people are saying that their AW 2.0 update broke the heart-rate tracking during sleep tracking. Will confirm this evening when I wake up for work.

Last edited:

pablotrin

May 2, 2015
Rosario
Hi guys, I've updated to AW2 yesterday and do far so good, but I have not been able to reply to whatsapp messages from notifications. Before the update I was able to make simple answers by voice, but not I do not have the option to reply.

I guess this is because whatsapp was not upgraded on my 360sport, but cannot find it on the playstore in order to upgrade it directly on my watch.

Any suggestions?

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Hi guys, I've updated to AW2 yesterday and do far so good, but I have not been able to reply to whatsapp messages from notifications. Before the update I was able to make simple answers by voice, but not I do not have the option to reply.

I guess this is because whatsapp was not upgraded on my 360sport, but cannot find it on the playstore in order to upgrade it directly on my watch.

Any suggestions?

WhatsApp is broken for now. It works but not great. They'll fix it.

Reactions: pablotrin

SAMVREMIX

Jan 18, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Mine was stuck on the 'continue setup on your phone' screen and I stupidly de-registered it with my phone. I can't even hard reset cause if I go onto recovery mode I can't swipe up or down. So it's pretty much dead any ideas?

Top Liked Posts