Moto 360 vs Sony Smartwatch 3 Unboxing

Search This thread

welshdragon

May 14, 2008
Bristol, UK
Hi all,
Here is a video of me unboxing the Moto 360 and the Sony Smartwatch 3 which I received on the same day. http://youtu.be/0zLxA8hDQjA
I brought the two of them expecting there to be a clear winner for me (and sell the other). There was not and there still isn't. I prefer the backlit LCD screen of the 360, better blacks and viewing angles ect. But the Sony looks alot less conspicuous on my wrist. As I have dainty wrist this is a big issue for me. I love the wireless charger of the Moto and seeing as I have 4 other QI chargers at home, work and in the car I am not worried about running out of juice. I also like the Micro USB charging of the Sony as they can be found anywhere in the world, but it is a bit more fiddly to charge instead of just 'plonking' the watch down to charge.
The Sony has GPS and NFC built in as well as WIFI according to the white paper from Sony, although there is no use for it yet but I am sure there will be in the future. Although the Sony does not have a heart rate monitor. But my Samsung S5 does.
Long story short, I am keeping both. I will use the Sony for general day to day work but wear the Moto if going out. I will be changing the strap of the Moto as I hate the type of strap that comes with it. I will be fitting a stainless steel strap which will hopefully add a bit of weight as I found that both watches are allot lighter than I was expecting and prefer.
Any questions please feel free to ask.

Reactions: rubledub

dave_id87

Nov 7, 2014
thanks for the vid

have you had a chance to try out the GPS and blutooth music streaming(at the same time)?
for the sony that is

Last edited:

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Last edited:

martynpd

Nov 11, 2014
I'm not sure if you're aware, but moto have just released 18mm BANDS not watches. The watches are the same size 18mm is the width of the band

rubledub

Dec 15, 2007
SW3 was on my alternative list, however, that screen looks ... Less than vibrant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    Here is a video of me unboxing the Moto 360 and the Sony Smartwatch 3 which I received on the same day. http://youtu.be/0zLxA8hDQjA
    I brought the two of them expecting there to be a clear winner for me (and sell the other). There was not and there still isn't. I prefer the backlit LCD screen of the 360, better blacks and viewing angles ect. But the Sony looks alot less conspicuous on my wrist. As I have dainty wrist this is a big issue for me. I love the wireless charger of the Moto and seeing as I have 4 other QI chargers at home, work and in the car I am not worried about running out of juice. I also like the Micro USB charging of the Sony as they can be found anywhere in the world, but it is a bit more fiddly to charge instead of just 'plonking' the watch down to charge.
    The Sony has GPS and NFC built in as well as WIFI according to the white paper from Sony, although there is no use for it yet but I am sure there will be in the future. Although the Sony does not have a heart rate monitor. But my Samsung S5 does.
    Long story short, I am keeping both. I will use the Sony for general day to day work but wear the Moto if going out. I will be changing the strap of the Moto as I hate the type of strap that comes with it. I will be fitting a stainless steel strap which will hopefully add a bit of weight as I found that both watches are allot lighter than I was expecting and prefer.
    Any questions please feel free to ask.