Moto 360 won't update 4.4w.2

Search This thread

Imh4lfdead

Sep 19, 2015
Just got a moto 360 in today and I cannot get it to update android wear. I've done everything I can think of. Rebooting it, resetting it, letting it sit, I've cleared app cache on Android wear and even uninstalled it.. I don't know what else to do. It gets to about 25% complete everytime and then it disconnects from my phone and says "unfortunately Google services has stopped working". And in order to get it to let me reattempt the download I have to reset my device completely. Anyone else have any thoughts??

CookieXD

Sep 19, 2015
Exact same thing has been happening to me! I just got the Moto 360 yesterday.
Help would be much appreciated.

I just got my replacement Moto 360 today and had this problem. I thought Motorola sent me a defective replacement and was frustrated as hell for a couple hours lol. I was able to solve it by using a previous version of Android Wear app (I had a titanium backup saved from the end of June) and I was able to update the watch normally again. I reset the watch after restoring the old version of the app then checked for updates and this time it downloaded the entire thing and updated then after updating I updated the app to the newest version and all is well!

Reactions: Imh4lfdead

dimitrijetaylor

Sep 25, 2015
I just got my replacement Moto 360 today and had this problem. I thought Motorola sent me a defective replacement and was frustrated as hell for a couple hours lol. I was able to solve it by using a previous version of Android Wear app (I had a titanium backup saved from the end of June) and I was able to update the watch normally again. I reset the watch after restoring the old version of the app then checked for updates and this time it downloaded the entire thing and updated then after updating I updated the app to the newest version and all is well!

I just bought my Moto 360 all excited to get my Android Fanboyism to the next level.
The first thing I did was try to update my Android Wear version.
And This is when I start getting the error..
It keeps saying google play services crashed.
google apps crashed..
Someone help..

wydra91

Mar 25, 2011
I Can Help!!!

I can help you guys out. Just three days ago I bought my moto 360 at your SW version and had this EXACT issue. Here is how I fixed it.

First off, do yourself a favor and delete the lastest version of Android Wear on your phone. While you're at it, be sure to get rid of Moto Connect as well if you have installed it. Basically, what is happening, is android wear 4.4 doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest version of Android Wear for Phones, so as your phone is attempting to update your watch from 4.4 to 5.1.1, it throws this error.

Step two, disconnect your Moto 360 from your phone in the Android wear menu on your phone. Factory reset your Moto 360.

Step three, go to Here on your phone and download that APK to a location you can find it. This is an older version of android wear.

Step four, install this APK. Reboot your phone for good measure, and connect your Moto to your phone using the version of Android wear on your phone. MAKE SURE TO NOT ALLOW ANDROID WEAR ON YOUR PHONE TO UPDATE IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

Step Five, once everything is connected, on YOUR WATCH, go to settings --> about --> software updates. This step takes a LONG TIME, around 10-20 minutes, and your watch must be over 80% to complete this. When it finishes (the green circle wraps all the way around the X) it will ask if you want to upgrade. Tell it yes. When the watch finishes and reboot, FACTORY RESET IT AGAIN.

Step Six, With the watch reset, remove android wear from your phone, and do a fresh install on the play store. Now connect your phone to your watch. You should no longer have any issues. Your watch is now running Wear 5.1.1 and your phone is running the latest AW App. Go ahead, install Motorola connect and any other apps you want to have, and most importantly, ENJOY YOUR NEW WATCH!

To any mods out there watching, I'd recommend sticking this post or something. This is an error that is going to come up a LOT until google figures out why that happens. To my knowledge, this is the ONLY way to get a 4.4w2 Moto 360 running on the latest android wear release.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Check out my post just below yours. I fixed mine this way. Post #7.

dimitrijetaylor

Sep 25, 2015
I can help you guys out. Just three days ago I bought my moto 360 at your SW version and had this EXACT issue. Here is how I fixed it.

First off, do yourself a favor and delete the lastest version of Android Wear on your phone. While you're at it, be sure to get rid of Moto Connect as well if you have installed it. Basically, what is happening, is android wear 4.4 doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest version of Android Wear for Phones, so as your phone is attempting to update your watch from 4.4 to 5.1.1, it throws this error.

Step two, disconnect your Moto 360 from your phone in the Android wear menu on your phone. Factory reset your Moto 360.

Step three, go to on your phone and download that APK to a location you can find it. This is an older version of android wear.

Step four, install this APK. Reboot your phone for good measure, and connect your Moto to your phone using the version of Android wear on your phone. MAKE SURE TO NOT ALLOW ANDROID WEAR ON YOUR PHONE TO UPDATE IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

Step Five, once everything is connected, on YOUR WATCH, go to settings --> about --> software updates. This step takes a LONG TIME, around 10-20 minutes, and your watch must be over 80% to complete this. When it finishes (the green circle wraps all the way around the X) it will ask if you want to upgrade. Tell it yes. When the watch finishes and reboot, FACTORY RESET IT AGAIN.

Step Six, With the watch reset, remove android wear from your phone, and do a fresh install on the play store. Now connect your phone to your watch. You should no longer have any issues. Your watch is now running Wear 5.1.1 and your phone is running the latest AW App. Go ahead, install Motorola connect and any other apps you want to have, and most importantly, ENJOY YOUR NEW WATCH!

To any mods out there watching, I'd recommend sticking this post or something. This is an error that is going to come up a LOT until google figures out why that happens. To my knowledge, this is the ONLY way to get a 4.4w2 Moto 360 running on the latest android wear release.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Thank you... It worked. <3

fernando2610

Mar 29, 2011
Please someone help, i tried exactly above instrucciones and nothing, im in centro america, i dont know if that its blocking the update or something

Enviado desde mi SM-N920I mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Can Help!!!

Step three, go to Here on your phone and download that APK to a location you can find it. This is an older version of android wear.