Moto Camera Modded APK

• Thread starter Deleted member 6284772
  • Start date
Search This thread

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks!Sounds bit insane..But is it possible to add hdr+ from google camera?

xabr3

Mar 15, 2016
Amersfoort
Hi all,
sorry for being absent for long time... i was very busy! :)
Here MotoCamera_Mod_6.2.24.1: https://mega.nz/#!mN5lEaxY!0qh-nbrZbTH8GEz3o2RsHYxqjZJl9LqjAhNgO40pa2I

The mod is bit different from previous ones; hope it will work for you :)

Changelog:
• 64-bit support
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Hi, thanks for the modded moto camera, is it possible to change the package name? Mine says there is already a package with the same name. (I am stock unrooted with original camera app, system app)

dxp420

Jun 6, 2016
Hi, thanks for the modded moto camera, is it possible to change the package name? Mine says there is already a package with the same name. (I am stock unrooted with original camera app, system app)
Try to disable stock camera app and to install the modded one.
If you can't change package name i can do it for you when i have some spare time during weekend.

Reactions: virginwidow

FlavioV

Jan 25, 2013
Moto G9 Play
Hi all,
sorry for being absent for long time... i was very busy! :)
Here MotoCamera_Mod_6.2.24.1: https://mega.nz/#!mN5lEaxY!0qh-nbrZbTH8GEz3o2RsHYxqjZJl9LqjAhNgO40pa2I

The mod is bit different from previous ones; hope it will work for you :)

Changelog:
• 64-bit support
• Bug fixes and stability improvements

Just got my quark back from assistance and there's a fresh update for the camera app? Thank you so much @dxp420!

If you have a computer you can try this to completely uninstall the stock camera. Just follow these steps and reboot your thevice, then try installing the APK again. I don't know if it works but it might be worth a try.

Or just wait for the repackaged APK that should come in a few days :)

Reactions: dxp420

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
Redmi Note 8
Motorola Moto G52
It verks! And I didn't know that the app on play store is so outdated! The one on Play Store is <...> (from 2016) while this one is <...>. The only downside of this one is that exposure slider arc doesn't work AFTER you lock the focus point.

Edit 2020:
Focusing also takes longer

Last edited:

pvmpkin

Apr 13, 2012
Makati City
OP: 21-Mar-2018 - V6.0.91.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxp420
MotoCamera_Mod_6.0.91.19V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul9999
Thanks.. the version seems to be working fine for me.
Also i made a Flashable Zip which have Sdcard save option,
Please test & let me know if it's working fine..

NP: So I've ordered a brand new Moto X Style which will be delivered later this month. Are the above Moto Cam Mods the most stable on this thread? How about the SD Card save option (flashable zip) will it only work with root (how about for stock Nougat)?

BUMP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxp420
MotoCamera_Mod_6.0.91.19V1

NP: So I've ordered a brand new Moto X Style which will be delivered later this month. Are the above Moto Cam Mods the most stable on this thread? How about the SD Card save option (flashable zip) will it only work with root (how about for stock Nougat)?
The XT1575 comes next week

Got not clue what Android's on it, wasn't "pink" like the ones I've seen used - but I need good camera

I've also heard there's issues with sound quality / voice calls? Have been bookmarking / downlading what I can... Is very sad most links are dead

Any help would be much appreciate
VW

Reactions: lenigma1too
The XT1575 comes next week

Got not clue what Android's on it, wasn't "pink" like the ones I've seen used - but I need good camera

I've also heard there's issues with sound quality / voice calls? Have been bookmarking / downlading what I can... Is very sad most links are dead

Any help would be much appreciate
VW
Your right, it IS sad most links are gone.
I believe one of the fundamental reasons XDA switched platforms last year, was to help prevent that, and increase longevity exponentially!
As for your question, IMHO, & BC it's always being updated:
Want the best cam app for your Moto?
I've owned and loved 3 Moto's (still have and use the E2 and Moto X Force).
Starting way back with the E2 Developers Edition, the app that always worked best is GCam.

Your right, it IS sad most links are gone.
I believe one of the fundamental reasons XDA switched platforms last year, was to help prevent that, and increase longevity exponentially!

Just got the first XT1575, am waiting for the 64g one to ship... I'm thinking the pink ones are 7.0 Nougat?

No doubt should have battery replace when the better one gets here ... The stock (2017) camera is MUCH better (for quickness) than the LG I was using.

Highly unlikely I'll put a custom ROM in once I get root, no sense breaking VoLTE calling. Only thing I need to figure out is how to use anything but google for system-web-view... You'd think with security being so ticklish on devices shipped after 2018 there'd be more activity here

THANKS for response
VW

Reactions: lenigma1too
Highly unlikely I'll put a custom ROM in once I get root, no sense breaking VoLTE calling. Only thing I need to figure out is how to use anything but google for system-web-view... You'd think with security being so ticklish on devices shipped after 2018 there'd be more activity here

THANKS for response
VW

VoLTE does work on LOS 14.1 with both MM and N bootloader versions and it gets the latest security patches.

Just got the first XT1575, am waiting for the 64g one to ship... I'm thinking the pink ones are 7.0 Nougat?

No doubt should have battery replace when the better one gets here ... The stock (2017) camera is MUCH better (for quickness) than the LG I was using.

THANKS for response
VW
I was just gliding through the XT1575 ROM repos, and several good ones, including a debloated, fully odexed stock ROM(obviously requires root and TWRP, as it's flashable only) I've verified still active on AFH.

So, the GCam app, which has been constantly updated for YEARS, is going to be a better option for that phone.
Their patched lib archive is extensive, if ur looking for something specific, or they have a kinda 'Top 5' app+lib combos, with simple, easy to follow instructions of how to set them up.

It's been my goto cam app for nearly every phone I've used.

*GCam, for the great features, like a patched Lib, requires root.

• Love
Please tell me latest "security" patches don't include this AAID "feature (?) ...

Google thinks we're all parolees

I've been considering LOS 14.1 (possibly) once I get root...
Lineage and CRDroid roms do not have the AAID nag from what I have read so far. I would have to say you get it when you install Gapps and download apps from the playstore. A lot of apps can be downloaded without Gapps anymore.

You don't need root to install LOS 14.1 but you do need to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery to install roms.

Lineage and CRDroid roms do not have the AAID nag from what I have read so far. I would have to say you get it when you install Gapps and download apps from the playstore. A lot of apps can be downloaded without Gapps anymore.

You don't need root to install LOS 14.1 but you do need to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery to install roms.
Might try this on the "body donor" - worst that could happen is loose the navigation buttons (bottom of screen) . Maybe start with unlock the bootloader - am having a bear of a time getting fastboot to talk to USB (on an LG) maybe it'll work with the moto.

Got to start someplace. Not only are we loosing 3g, replacement battery for my Passport is un-obtanium. The Blackberry's able to run side-loaded apk's (the very few I use - like droid48, telegram) - you're saying LOS has CRdroid, Nanodroid - something like that?

Might try this on the "body donor" - worst that could happen is loose the navigation buttons (bottom of screen) . Maybe start with unlock the bootloader - am having a bear of a time getting fastboot to talk to USB (on an LG) maybe it'll work with the moto.

Got to start someplace. Not only are we loosing 3g, replacement battery for my Passport is un-obtanium. The Blackberry's able to run side-loaded apk's (the very few I use - like droid48, telegram) - you're saying LOS has CRdroid, Nanodroid - something like that?
LOS is a basic very vanilla OS that runs very well. CRdroid is based on LOS but has much more customizable features in settings. I have not tried to build or install Nanodroid so I cannot comment on it. BTW this may not be the proper thread for questions on OS systems. Maybe take this conversation to the Q&A section or Lineage 14.1 and CRdroid threads respectfully.

Maybe take this conversation to the Q&A section or Lineage 14.1 and CRdroid threads respectfully.
Sorry - I'll take it over there... (CRdroid appears "abandon") so far I've got to BL unlocked and fastboot TWRP into it (I believe you said don't go past certain version, 3.1?) but no matter what I do can't get into TWRP (via the side keys) for this diabolic Blue on White screen about my unlocked bootloader (like, as**hats, d'ya not think I made the effort to accomplsh this leave me alone)...
TYVM
vw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 6284772
    Hi Guys,
    Motorola has released an updated version of the Moto Camera app so i have once again made a modified version of the app that enables the professional and debug modes.

11-Sep-2016, corrected moto x play code from luk to lux on 4-Feb-2017
    V6.0.43.10 - link removed

4-Feb-2017
    V6.0.54.1 - link removed

19-Feb-2017, Added Moto DROID Turbo (XT1254) to the list of device codes within the res\raw\app_features.json file on 9-Mar-2017, Added "do not disturb" permission request on 28-Mar-2017, Added code to switch off low light sensor message after each image is captured on 17-Apr-2017
    V6.0.62.1 - link removed

27-Jun-2017
    V6.0.78.1 - link removed

29-Jul-2017 - 31-Jul-2017 Added Moto X (2013), Moto X 2014 (2nd Gen), Moto G (2013 + LTE), Moto G (2nd Gen + LTE) and Moto E (2014 + 2015 LTE) to the list of device codes within the res\raw\app_features.json file
    V6.0.84.1 - link removed

07-Nov-2017
    V6.0.86.7

21-Mar-2018 - V6.0.91.19

Thanks.. the version seems to be working fine for me.
    Also i made a Flashable Zip which have Sdcard save option,
    Please test & let me know if it's working fine..
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hgtTdoLlfYlMxH3T5vWz8Nyl2GgDapsq

The "res\raw\app_features.json" file has been modified to enable professional mode for the following devices:

condor - Moto E (2014)
    surnia - Moto E LTE (2015)
    otus - Moto E (2nd gen)

falcon - Moto G (2013)
    peregrine - Moto G LTE (2014)
    quark - Moto DROID Turbo (XT1254)
    titan - Moto G (2nd Gen)
    thea - Moto G LTE (2nd Gen)
    osprey - Moto G (3rd gen)
    merlin - Moto G Turbo Edition

ghost - Moto X (2013)
    victara - Moto X 2014 (2nd Gen)
    lux - Moto X Play
    clark - Moto X Style
    kinzie - Moto X Force

As churapa pointed out on the "Enjoy Moto G4 Apps on Any Motorola Device" thread, if you are running a custom ROM and want to write to an external SD card you will need to:

1.- In /data/system

look for packages.xml

In there, look for com.motorola.camera1

2.- Add

Code:
    <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />

Right after <perms>

3.- Save and Reboot

Thanks to MK99 for providing the V6.0.43.10 apk, DevendraMilmile121 for providing the V6.0.54.1 apk, igna.98 for providing the V6.0.78.1 and V6.0.84.1 apks so i could make these updates and Ayrlon for pointing out the V6.0.86.7 apk was available for download which i downloaded and updated from http://motorola-mobility-camera.apk.black/
    The V6.0.62.1 apk was extracted from this stock Moto G5 Rom after i noticed that it had a more up-to-date version of the app
    I've made a flashable zip with sd card write enabled (just replaced the old version with the new one, all credits go to @GtrCraft, thanks to him for making original zip)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/d4g5p64zqo3w1kj/MotoCamera6.0.84.1_SDcard_V2.zip

Edit: made flashable zip with latest version (V4), all devices supported
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/d4g5p64zqo3w1kj/MotoCamera6.0.84.1_SDcard_V2.zip
    Thanks @data365 for sharing your hard work!

Following your instructions finally i succeeded to mod this app (Smali bytecode is very difficult to read).

I don't know if it's the right place, but i post a link to MotoCamera Modded v6.0.90 if someone wants to give it a try.

I've tested on a moto e 2015 and it seems to work fine...

MotoCamera Modded v6.0.90: https://mega.nz/#!aZ5C2TQZ!6cGOM9KRfIS2c7bt3Atc7OYX3ZEj_3BcLKyYKHxFpgI
    D
    Deleted member 6284772
    What are files to change in order to mod this app?

From what i know are:
    - AndroidManifest.xml
    - res/raw/app_features.json
    - smali/com/motorola/camera/BuildConfig.smali (set DEBUG:Z = true)
    - smali/com/motorola/camera/Manifest$permission.smali (add _MOD to permission)

Are there any other files to mod?

Beacuse i tried to modify these files but app doesn't start.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have attached a zip file that contains each file I usually update (I have included the original and the modified versions) and I have also included a html difference file for each file so you can see what I change in each files.
    D
    Deleted member 6284772
    -------------------------------------------

Please you could know if @data365, can get it? :good:

sure hear you go
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UQv_LIbz14yAmENKOqd9Sg5t8yL2My14

everything seems to be working but i only tried it very quickly.