Moto Camera on the Idol 3

Search This thread

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
The Moto G Camera software seems to work very well. It even puts the lenovo camera I've tried before to shame....I tried both picture taking and HD video recording. Very impressed with the camera.

http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/flashable-port-moto-camera-fullfilled-t3172783

Please note this camera requires that SELinux be set to "permissive"...you can do that as simple as installing and running the Selinuxchanger app in the moto thread or creating a small scripts to be ran out of /etc/init.d if you run "universal init.d". The instructions I followed for that are here: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/how-to-set-selinux-to-permissive-boot-t3034245

Permissive mode is required by xposed framework and the moto camera as well as several other packages. To get a rough idea how the camera works you can look here but be aware that currently on the port HDR mode and Slow Motion Video do not work. Panorama, burst mode, normal pictures and HD video recording all work just fine.

Nikola Jovanovic

Jul 4, 2012
Universal Init.d says my kernel doesn't support it.
Can I try then Selinux changer app instead ?

Or I found another solution :

Install SuperSU

2. Type this in terminal or adb shellt:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

Did with selinux changer app, set to permissive.. Now we gonna test the cam..
HATE when dalvik needs to be wiped :D bruuhh.. Anyway, I'm gonna upload some pic for people to see when optimizing is done :)

Tried and not impressed.. So no photo upload as I deleted the cam.-

Last edited:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Universal Init.d says my kernel doesn't support it.
Can I try then Selinux changer app instead ?

Or I found another solution :

Install SuperSU

2. Type this in terminal or adb shellt:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

Did with selinux changer app, set to permissive.. Now we gonna test the cam..
HATE when dalvik needs to be wiped :D bruuhh.. Anyway, I'm gonna upload some pic for people to see when optimizing is done :)

Tried and not impressed.. So no photo upload as I deleted the cam.-

I'm curious about what you didn't like and what you choose to use instead? I thought the camera was very intuitive and the photo's looked good. Touch screen to take a photo...hold down finger to do burst mode...slide finger up to zoom in...slide finger down to zoom out....slide finger around circle to increase or decrease brightness....the hd video went well also.

Nikola Jovanovic

Jul 4, 2012
All that gimmicky features come in handy, but didn't like the processing method.. Pictures with low light are over processed, with washed pixels in the all corners on the picture. But the dev gets my support for porting the app!!!

Sent from hell

Nikola Jovanovic

Jul 4, 2012
Didn't mention what I use.. The stock cam, best light adaptation, sharpness of the pic is nice, little problems with focus but I can pass that. And manual mod is great for night since you have ability to change shutter speed,and Iso..

Sent from hell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Moto G Camera software seems to work very well. It even puts the lenovo camera I've tried before to shame....I tried both picture taking and HD video recording. Very impressed with the camera.

http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/flashable-port-moto-camera-fullfilled-t3172783

Please note this camera requires that SELinux be set to "permissive"...you can do that as simple as installing and running the Selinuxchanger app in the moto thread or creating a small scripts to be ran out of /etc/init.d if you run "universal init.d". The instructions I followed for that are here: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/how-to-set-selinux-to-permissive-boot-t3034245

Permissive mode is required by xposed framework and the moto camera as well as several other packages. To get a rough idea how the camera works you can look here but be aware that currently on the port HDR mode and Slow Motion Video do not work. Panorama, burst mode, normal pictures and HD video recording all work just fine.