Moto E4 Guide To Rooting Mediatek Variant SKU XT1760

Search This thread

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P
About :
This guide is only meant for mediatek variant of Moto E4 which is SKU XT1760. Only phh's Superuser able to root Moto E4 :fingers-crossed: . SuperSU & Magisk isn't fully compatible with Moto E4 and failed to root this device :mad: .Unofficial Xposed works with Moto E4 :laugh: but not Xposed module's :eek: (force close error !)

Procedure :

Step 1 : Installing Recovery
- Install Ported TWRP recovery first
- if you haven't installed it yet ! Get it from below thread.

Thread link :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e4/development/available-moto-e4-ported-twrp-recovery-t3656286

Step 2 : Opening TWRP Recovery
- Boot into recovery
- Install phh's supersu zip file
- Select storage and locate to zip file
- Swipe to install
- Done

Download link for phh's superuser zip file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8h4k4enel9uh4u7/superuser.zip

Step 3 : Disable dm-verity and Force encryption
This step is crucial else you won't able to boot into system again !
It has two steps to follow whether select my modified boot image to disable
dm-verity and force encryption else use this no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file
to disable dm-verity and force encryption.

If you were going through Boot image process !
Download link for Kernel(Boot image) :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4160sl13ibyx8q/boot.img
- Boot your device into recovery
- Select Reboot
- Choose bootloader
- Now attach your device with laptop/desktop

Type this fastboot command :
- "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
- Wait until process finish
- Now disconnect
- Press and hold power button
- Release when you see full black screen

If you were going through zip file flashing process !
Download link for zip file :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0w6zu83am6z38i/no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
- Reboot into recovery again
- Install no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file
- Reboot into system

Step 4 : Installing phh's Superuser Application
- Install phhsuperuser app (Get this app from Googleplay)
- Within phhsuperuser app < open settings
- Superuser access set to Apps and ADB
- Done

Credits :
@phhusson
Thread link :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170816-201304.png
    Screenshot_20170816-201304.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 944
  • Screenshot_20170816-201316.png
    Screenshot_20170816-201316.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 900
  • Screenshot_20170816-201328.png
    Screenshot_20170816-201328.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 875
  • Screenshot_20170816-201625.png
    Screenshot_20170816-201625.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
Kartik first of all thanks for mediatek variant works and I have successfully unlocked my bootloader and flashed twrp recovery...now I have some doubts.

1. After flashing phh's superuser do we really need to flash boot.img? Or simply install no Verity opt zip file?

2.After flashing twrp recovery is that backup of stock ROM working?

3.Do we need to install no Verity opt zip everytime when we reboot from twrp recovery?

4.After unlocking my bootloader when I reboot the start up screen shows some "orange state" "your bootloader unlocked and can't be verified" is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG-20170820-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20170820-WA0000.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 240

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P
Kartik first of all thanks for mediatek variant works and I have successfully unlocked my bootloader and flashed twrp recovery...now I have some doubts.

1. After flashing phh's superuser do we really need to flash boot.img? Or simply install no Verity opt zip file?

3.Do we need to install no Verity opt zip everytime when we reboot from twrp recovery?

4.After unlocking my bootloader when I reboot the start up screen shows some "orange state" "your bootloader unlocked and can't be verified" is that normal?

@drganbds
about verity it has two simple steps:
if you were going through zip file process you may need to flash no verity zip many times for disabling dm-verity & force encryption (when using rooting method other than this). if you want to know how to use zip file, simply flash phh's superuser than reboot to recovery again and flash no verity zip file. thats it.
if you want a permanent solution than use my modified boot image. how to install... first flash boot image in fastboot mode than install phh's superuser.
backup of stockrom working well and the warning message is normal, nothing to worry.
once you flash no verity zip file you don't need to flash it everything time in twrp in order to boot into system.
if you face any problem simply flash stock boot image :D

Last edited:
Reactions: drganbds

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
Ok as for as I understood if I flash your modified boot image first then no need to flash no Verity everytime when I install something in twrp right and it's a permanent solution otherwise we need to depend on no Verity zip everytime?

Reactions: kartik verma

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P
Ok as for as I understood if I flash your modified boot image first then no need to flash no Verity everytime when I install something in twrp right and it's a permanent solution otherwise we need to depend on no Verity zip everytime?

yes no need to flash no-verity-force-encrypt file every time directly install phh's superuser zip file when using boot image.
with verity zip you need to flash it once after rooting, also if you unroot your device and again going to root you have to install no verity file after rooting.
Remember if you flash boot image other than this plus you will loose root & permanent sol. of dm-verity fix.

Last edited:

drganbds

Oct 5, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
Ok thanks then first I will flash your boot.img and reboot to twrp and flash phh's superuser and reboot to system.
Kartik my stock backup file shows .sha2 and .win000 file formats is that ok?

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

yes :fingers-crossed:
Kindly add (or) on step 3 and mention the word as permanent solution on flashing modified boot image before flashing phh's superuser because in Kyle Qualcomm thread it's written as just flash phh's superuser, no need to flash no Verity file even again and reboot system that's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kartik verma

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Kindly add (or) on step 3 and mention the word as permanent solution on flashing modified boot image before flashing phh's superuser.

3rd file is the actual boot image.

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P

Kindly add (or) on step 3 and mention the word as permanent solution on flashing modified boot image before flashing phh's superuser because in Kyle Qualcomm thread it's written as just flash phh's superuser, no need to flash no Verity file even again and reboot system that's it.
you need to flash as i already tested else you won't able to boot into system !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About :
    This guide is only meant for mediatek variant of Moto E4 which is SKU XT1760. Only phh's Superuser able to root Moto E4 :fingers-crossed: . SuperSU & Magisk isn't fully compatible with Moto E4 and failed to root this device :mad: .Unofficial Xposed works with Moto E4 :laugh: but not Xposed module's :eek: (force close error !)

Procedure :

Step 1 : Installing Recovery
    - Install Ported TWRP recovery first
    - if you haven't installed it yet ! Get it from below thread.

Thread link :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e4/development/available-moto-e4-ported-twrp-recovery-t3656286

Step 2 : Opening TWRP Recovery
    - Boot into recovery
    - Install phh's supersu zip file
    - Select storage and locate to zip file
    - Swipe to install
    - Done

Download link for phh's superuser zip file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8h4k4enel9uh4u7/superuser.zip

Step 3 : Disable dm-verity and Force encryption
    This step is crucial else you won't able to boot into system again !
    It has two steps to follow whether select my modified boot image to disable
    dm-verity and force encryption else use this no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file
    to disable dm-verity and force encryption.

If you were going through Boot image process !
    Download link for Kernel(Boot image) :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4160sl13ibyx8q/boot.img
    - Boot your device into recovery
    - Select Reboot
    - Choose bootloader
    - Now attach your device with laptop/desktop

Type this fastboot command :
    - "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    - Wait until process finish
    - Now disconnect
    - Press and hold power button
    - Release when you see full black screen

If you were going through zip file flashing process !
    Download link for zip file :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0w6zu83am6z38i/no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
    - Reboot into recovery again
    - Install no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file
    - Reboot into system

Step 4 : Installing phh's Superuser Application
    - Install phhsuperuser app (Get this app from Googleplay)
    - Within phhsuperuser app < open settings
    - Superuser access set to Apps and ADB
    - Done

Credits :
    @phhusson
    Thread link :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394
    Kartik bro kindly organize all of your thread from unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and rooting our mediatek variant in a single thread because it's not confusing as it is in various sections.....thanks and I obey for the time which you spend here...
    Kartik bro kindly organize all of your thread from unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and rooting our mediatek variant in a single thread because it's not confusing as it is in various sections.....thanks and I obey for the time which you spend here...

ok.
    So, i will make a single thread in Guide & news section.
    :highfive:

@drganbds
    about verity it has two simple steps:
    if you were going through zip file process you may need to flash no verity zip many times for disabling dm-verity & force encryption (when using rooting method other than this). if you want to know how to use zip file, simply flash phh's superuser than reboot to recovery again and flash no verity zip file. thats it.
    if you want a permanent solution than use my modified boot image. how to install... first flash boot image in fastboot mode than install phh's superuser.
    backup of stockrom working well and the warning message is normal, nothing to worry.
    once you flash no verity zip file you don't need to flash it everything time in twrp in order to boot into system.
    if you face any problem simply flash stock boot image :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone