• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto E5 Go XT1921-8 Questions

Search This thread

GH3TT0_PH0N3

Aug 11, 2020
Hello, I've recently obtained a Motorola E5 Go XT1921-8 Verizon Prepaid Variant, and I've got some questions for the device; I'll start off with the specs so that it might help narrow things down...

Model
e5 go
Motorola XT1921-8
MOTXT19218PP

software variant
verizon

software channel
vzw

hardware information

android version

android security patch level
January 1, 2019

Baseband version
M8917_28.34.05.78R
JAMES_GO_VZW_CUST

kernel version
3.18.71-perf-gf093764 (gcc version 4.8 (GCC)) [email protected] #1
Tue Jan 8 02:39:04 CST 2019

Build number
OPP28.151-22

one of the main issues I seem to be having is that the phone was obtained through [email protected], but the device seems to be account locked, i've tried a few tutorial vids i've found that supposedly work with other e5 devices, but unfortunately with this device it keeps asking for the original owner info, regardless of it recognizing a new account being added, is there something here that i'm missing?

another issue I seem to be having, is the fact that I can't seem to find any official flash/roms for this device, nor anything on rooting/TWRP Recovery for this specific device either.

if anyone can please offer some help or point me in the right direction, I would be highly appreciative!
Thank you

Reactions: rianplas

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hello, I've recently obtained a Motorola E5 Go XT1921-8 Verizon Prepaid Variant, and I've got some questions for the device; I'll start off with the specs so that it might help narrow things down...

Model

e5 go

Motorola XT1921-8

MOTXT19218PP

software variant

verizon

software channel

vzw

hardware information

android version

January 1, 2019

Baseband version

M8917_28.34.05.78R

JAMES_GO_VZW_CUST

kernel version

Build number

OPP28.151-22

one of the main issues I seem to be having is that the phone was obtained through [email protected], but the device seems to be account locked, i've tried a few tutorial vids i've found that supposedly work with other e5 devices, but unfortunately with this device it keeps asking for the original owner info, regardless of it recognizing a new account being added, is there something here that i'm missing?

another issue I seem to be having, is the fact that I can't seem to find any official flash/roms for this device, nor anything on rooting/TWRP Recovery for this specific device either.

if anyone can please offer some help or point me in the right direction, I would be highly appreciative!

Thank you
Verizon branded motos generally cannot be rooted nor bootloader unlocked.
But you can try to unlock the bootloader, not very likely though.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

This FRP bypass has worked for me
https://youtu.be/zSPiLXdZicA

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: GH3TT0_PH0N3

GH3TT0_PH0N3

Aug 11, 2020
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Yes!!! Thank you sd_shadow! you're an amazing person, and your posts have always been helpful through the years!
that FRP bypass did the trick! Thank you thank you thank you!

I've currently got the Verizon moto e2 as well since it came out, and i've seen how no one can get the bootloader unlocked nor get anything outside of a temporary root working on it, and it's been frustrating me for years, the same as everyone else who has one; (finally opted to get the Boost Mobile variant of the e2, and was so happy I could get the bootloader unlocked & rooted), I'm just kinda disheartened that at least the Verizon Prepaid devices seem to be locked down so tightly, especially since they seem to be decent budget phones.

Reactions: sd_shadow

pomas

Oct 19, 2010
Does this smartphone support the European frequency range umts 2100? MOTXT19218PP

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Sorry, normally I would suggest flashing the radio.img from another ro.carrier like RetEU or just Retail.
But there are the only USA ro.carrier variants available for rjames

You could try the radio from one of the other similar devices like ahannah, Nora, pettyl
Download the firmware and flash this
Code:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

That may fix it, it may not.

pomas

Oct 19, 2010
I want to hear the answers of people who have such a device. a banal radio firmware will not help anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Model
    e5 go
    Motorola XT1921-8
    MOTXT19218PP

software variant
    verizon

software channel
    vzw

hardware information

android version

January 1, 2019

Baseband version
    M8917_28.34.05.78R
    JAMES_GO_VZW_CUST

kernel version

Build number
    OPP28.151-22

Thank you

Model

e5 go

Motorola XT1921-8

MOTXT19218PP

software variant

verizon

software channel

vzw

hardware information

android version

January 1, 2019

Baseband version

M8917_28.34.05.78R

JAMES_GO_VZW_CUST

kernel version

Build number

OPP28.151-22

Thank you

Yes!!! Thank you sd_shadow! you're an amazing person, and your posts have always been helpful through the years!
    that FRP bypass did the trick! Thank you thank you thank you!

I've currently got the Verizon moto e2 as well since it came out, and i've seen how no one can get the bootloader unlocked nor get anything outside of a temporary root working on it, and it's been frustrating me for years, the same as everyone else who has one; (finally opted to get the Boost Mobile variant of the e2, and was so happy I could get the bootloader unlocked & rooted), I'm just kinda disheartened that at least the Verizon Prepaid devices seem to be locked down so tightly, especially since they seem to be decent budget phones.