• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto e7 bootloader & rooting difficulties

Search This thread

Oak398

Jun 27, 2021
Hey everybody I recently bought a Moto e7. Went onto the official Motorola website and apparently you can't get the unlock code for the bootloader
On Google it says I can unlock the bootloader simply by doing "fastboot oem get_unlock_data" but it says
FAILED (remote : unknown command)
Other people are saying you don't need to unlock the bootloader to root using magisk. Tried and it says I need to unlock the bootloader.
So I tried doing "fastboot oem unlock" and several others. It just doesn't work.
Yes OEM unlocking is turned on and usb debugging is on. So can anyone help me?

TheMan0027

Jul 6, 2021
I dont have experience with this phone or issue, but are other commands working? does ADB recognise the phone and can restart it into the bootloader? I know with my G8 power lite, ADB recognises it but once I go into fastboot it doesn't recognise it. Does fastboot recognise your device?

Shezker52

Jul 2, 2021
Did you make sure all the drivers are installed and updated?
Do not forget to have the programs and files necessary for the execution of commands.

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
Do not try everything. I was an idiot and completely formatted my Moto E7 Power XT2097-6 device. That means I lost my certificate and IMEI number. I have my phone hard brick but I was able to fix it. Now I have a new stock firmware with Lenovo's "Rescue and Smart Assistant" tool and I can't make phone calls or connect to the internet because my certificate and IMEI are deleted! Everyone says that if you root you will lose your guarantee, but no one says that you will not be able to make phone calls or use the internet because the Imei number will be deleted. The exaggerated security of the new hardware in Smartphones was completely new to me because my last smartphone was a Samsung GT-S5360, which could be rooted without any problems. Pls accept the official factory moto stock rom and wait. Do not flash with the smartphone if no solution are available. Now i have a useless phone with a permanetly text print "carrier invalid" as GUI on the left corner.
try following some tutorials to restore your imei if you still have it https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html

shywyvern

Oct 31, 2021
Moto E7
did any of you did root or bootloader successfully? moto e7 is a/b partition
I can't seem to find TWRP or be able to use fastboot oem get_unlock_data so I wonder how I'll be able to root my phone