• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto G 5G Ace EDL Mode

Search This thread

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
try rescue and smart assistant
That obviously won't work in EDL mode, Smart Assistant requires a phone that can actually boot.

Short of pulling the emmc and programming externally or stealing a signed programmer, blankflash is your only recovery option. Try different ports, computers, and operating systems until you can finally enter fastboot and restore stock firmware. Who knows what's really going wrong with a description as vague as "did not work", though.

Aug 18, 2021
I changed the active slot to b. The phrase "did not work" means that i've tried several computers, through linux and windows. So many times over as to remove any of the initial humor I may have had in regards to the mistake I made to put the phone in this state. Ive tried numerous blank flashes and even combinations of blank flashes with modified xml's as well as changing the elf loaders placed in the singleimage.bin. And even numerous loaders from from various sources online. Using emmcdl, qfil, qpst, qsaharaserver, qdl from github, a few others I cannot recall right now. Would appear to me that the only file that I can get the phone to accept without hesitation is the xbl from the latest firmware package. Of course that doesnt do anything for the phone. Updated firmware doesnt seem to accept the blankflash from late 2020. I have toyed with the idea od SDcard boot but I do not have a backup of mmcblk0.

Reactions: fddm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I changed the active slot to b. The phrase "did not work" means that i've tried several computers, through linux and windows. So many times over as to remove any of the initial humor I may have had in regards to the mistake I made to put the phone in this state. Ive tried numerous blank flashes and even combinations of blank flashes with modified xml's as well as changing the elf loaders placed in the singleimage.bin. And even numerous loaders from from various sources online. Using emmcdl, qfil, qpst, qsaharaserver, qdl from github, a few others I cannot recall right now. Would appear to me that the only file that I can get the phone to accept without hesitation is the xbl from the latest firmware package. Of course that doesnt do anything for the phone. Updated firmware doesnt seem to accept the blankflash from late 2020. I have toyed with the idea od SDcard boot but I do not have a backup of mmcblk0.