Moto G 5G XT-2213-3

Search This thread

gr3uh

Apr 13, 2022
Ohio
Hey I have this phone (Austin) and I have noticed there is barely anything on the internet as far as rooting and custom roms for it. This phone has good potential (in my opinion) GCam works great on it, the customization is great, easy to unlock and I really like this phone after coming from Blu. So was anyone able to root it, and if so what is your experience with the root on the device. Does it hurt battery, performance, or security at all? Thanks!

chairman011

Nov 11, 2012
houston
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I was successfully able to root using this guide.

I've uploaded the patched boot.img so you can save some time and skip step 1 and go straight to flashing the patched boot.img hope this helps.
What firmware is that boot.img from?

Reactions: gr3uh

radosomalo

Dec 31, 2022
I have the moto g 5g xt-2213-3 Google Fi I unlocked bootloader using another android device an ao3s no problems worked fine and now I want to flash the boot image from Motorola Moto_G_5G_XT2213-3_S2SAS32. 1-47-1 CFC.zip
Using magisk manager 25.2 I haven't extracted the boot.img yet but will do soon as I have both devices charged both are not rooted I'm using bugjeager to run the line commands. Wish me luck.

I have the moto g 5g xt-2213-3 Google Fi I unlocked bootloader using another android device an ao3s no problems worked fine and now I want to flash the boot image from Motorola Moto_G_5G_XT2213-3_S2SAS32. 1-47-1 CFC.zip
Using magisk manager 25.2 I haven't extracted the boot.img yet but will do soon as I have both devices charged both are not rooted I'm using bugjeager to run the line commands. Wish me luck.
I am running S2SAS32.1-54.6 on the tmobile variant rooted with magisk with no issues, besides the fact there is still no access to Brom or preloader mode due to Motorola secure HW restrictions, but after 6 months of attempting to build a custom kernel my PC is currently linking vmlinux.o as I type this, so hopefully it boots with no issues and then I can recompile with the necessary changes to enable Brom and preloader mode.

I didn't know that bugjeager could run fastboot commands, but it's been quite awhile since I have used it. One word of advice skip the magisk installation step of flashing the vbmeta.img with --disable-verification --disable-verity if you were planning on flashing that. I have tried every variation of vbmeta patching and flashing I know of on this device and although it will still boot it effectively disables the sim card slot and all access to carrier services.

Last edited:

radosomalo

Dec 31, 2022
I am using the stock rom and I just packed to with the magisk manager I'm getting the host ready to flash which is a moto xt-2265-5 with a type-c to type- c for the transfer

radosomalo

Dec 31, 2022
I am using the stock rom and I just packed to with the magisk manager I'm getting the host ready to flash which is a moto xt-2265-5 with a type-c to type- c for the transfer

radosomalo

Dec 31, 2022
I
I am running S2SAS32.1-54.6 on the tmobile variant rooted with magisk with no issues, besides the fact there is still no access to Brom or preloader mode due to Motorola secure HW restrictions, but after 6 months of attempting to build a custom kernel my PC is currently linking vmlinux.o as I type this, so hopefully it boots with no issues and then I can recompile with the necessary changes to enable Brom and preloader mode.

I didn't know that bugjeager could run fastboot commands, but it's been quite awhile since I have used it. One word of advice skip the magisk installation step of flashing the vbmeta.img with --disable-verification --disable-verity if you were planning on flashing that. I have tried

I didn't know that bugjeager could run fastboot commands, but it's been quite awhile since I have used it. One word of advice skip the magisk installation step of flashing the vbmeta.img with --disable-verification --disable-verity if you were planning on flashing that. I have tried every variation of vbmeta patching and flashing I know of on this device and although it will still boot it effectively disables the sim card slot and all access to carrier services.
Yes have you seen the bugyeager it has its benefits but it makes it easier to unlock the bootloader and it's fast 1st time I'm going to root a device with it and I am only flashing the boot.img I extracted from the stock rom patched with magisk.

Top Liked Posts