• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto G Android Lollipop confirmed for GPE

Search This thread

MarckozZ

Jan 4, 2013
Argentina
Sin_t_tulo.png

So Android Lollipop is finally confirmed man!!!!!! Amazing!! Cant wait!!!!

Also confirmed n Motorola Forums!!! :good: :crying: :highfive: :p

marcelcoder

Oct 15, 2014
Yes man you can! I did it last Saturday without any problem! here you have the link: with the tool to do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2635706 , it takes only 3 min!
So happy that I did it! I cant wait to receive that "Update your system" notification.

Do you think that the GPE will get the update to android l a lot faster then the stock ones? Considering the stock roms are nearly pure android, do you think there will be a noticeable difference?
How many days do you think the GPE will save compared to the stock one?

How many days was it in the past? Or how many days is it *usually* for motorola devices or even other devices for that matter?

titotito1983

Feb 14, 2013
Do you think that the GPE will get the update to android l a lot faster then the stock ones? Considering the stock roms are nearly pure android, do you think there will be a noticeable difference?
How many days do you think the GPE will save compared to the stock one?

How many days was it in the past? Or how many days is it *usually* for motorola devices or even other devices for that matter?

I really don't know man. Pure logic says that GPE will get it faster because you will not depend on the carrier to release it, just Google. So once they push the button all the GPE devices will get it....

In another note, I feel that the GPE runs much MUCH fluid than the non-GPE.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
I really dont know man. Pure logic says that GPE will get it faster because you will not depend on the carrier to release it, just Google. So once they push the button all the GPE devices will get it....

In another note, I feel that the GPE runs much MUCH fluid than the non-GPE.

Nope, the gpe is still developed by the manufacturer, but they must do it exactly by the book.

titotito1983

Feb 14, 2013
Nope, the gpe is still developed by the manufacturer, but they must do it exactly by the book.

Yes I know, but I was refering to the carrier...so for example if you have Verizon, you have to wait until Verizon releases the update, not just Google and then Motorola. In the GPE, since it is unlocked you dont have to wait for any carrier to release it, so you are avoiding one step, hence I think is faster....

MarckozZ

Jan 4, 2013
Argentina
Yes man you can! I did it last Saturday without any problem! here you have the link: with the tool to do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2635706 , it takes only 3 min!
So happy that I did it! I cant wait to receive that "Update your system" notification.

Hey man, i'm planning to flash GPE firmware but I want to know this: does GPE firmware have equalizer or Sound Effects app like the original moto firmware? please answer me ASAP! :confused:

josephjdrew

Jan 24, 2013
Sydney

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Great news, I had a really bad experience with my previous phone (Desire X) and updates. It got 4.1.2 3 months after release, but never saw another update after that from HTC. I think smartphones should be able to get updates from the OEMs for at least 2 years.

Most ironic fact was that I paid $300 for the Desire X, and $199 for the Moto G. Go figure...

Yup, paid 200€ for the moto G (in Romania, Motorola has no power here), and almost 300€ for the galaxy s3 mini... Galaxy s3 mini got the 4.1.2 update!!! From 4.1.1... And moto G is on a freaking list by Google, considered equal for updates as the nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and the HTC one M8...

Not to mention my sister got the Moto E, the 150€ phone (here) with better support than the galaxy s5, which probably won't get lollipop this year, or even this winter... 600€ device, doesn't get software updates because Samsung is probably still stuck with their old TV update policy, which doesn't exist.

Reactions: josephjdrew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin_t_tulo.png

So Android Lollipop is finally confirmed man!!!!!! Amazing!! Cant wait!!!!

Also confirmed n Motorola Forums!!! :good: :crying: :highfive: :p
    Nice! I guess we can flash that on non-GPE?

Great news, I had a really bad experience with my previous phone (Desire X) and updates. It got 4.1.2 3 months after release, but never saw another update after that from HTC. I think smartphones should be able to get updates from the OEMs for at least 2 years.

Most ironic fact was that I paid $300 for the Desire X, and $199 for the Moto G. Go figure...

Yup, paid 200€ for the moto G (in Romania, Motorola has no power here), and almost 300€ for the galaxy s3 mini... Galaxy s3 mini got the 4.1.2 update!!! From 4.1.1... And moto G is on a freaking list by Google, considered equal for updates as the nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and the HTC one M8...

Not to mention my sister got the Moto E, the 150€ phone (here) with better support than the galaxy s5, which probably won't get lollipop this year, or even this winter... 600€ device, doesn't get software updates because Samsung is probably still stuck with their old TV update policy, which doesn't exist.