• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MOTO G - confirmed country list

Search This thread

shootomanUK

Jun 6, 2010
MOTO G - confirmed country list (copied from Motorola forums)

Comment:
We've had a lot of questions about where MOTO G will be sold. Here's the list of countries where it will be available in 2014. We are still exploring opportunities in other countries, but for now this is the confirmed list.

Argentina
Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Columbia
Costa Rica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
El Salvador
France
Germany
Ghana
Guatemala
Honduras
Hong Kong
India
Indonesia
Ireland
Italy
Jordan
Kuwait
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Oman
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Spain
Turkey
UK
United Arab Emirates
United States
Uruguay
Venezuela

myfairx

Nov 22, 2013
I hope we'll get more info on which country will get which version, soon. :)

Sent from my bed.

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
I wonder if it's gonna come with LTE when it finally arrives in the US.

Highly doubt it..
Its supposed to be a budget version of the Moto X.
If you want LTE you'd have to get that or a similar phone.

Anyway US version could arrive before Xmas Punit teased on somebodys google plus.

"I want to get my daughter a moto g for Xmas. Anybody know when a US version will be available to purchase? +Punit Soni "

Punit in comments "Earlier... Way earlier."

https://plus.google.com/107970301821457493977/posts/X6APLRg6UP2

maslelviz

Dec 17, 2012
Vilnius
I would like to know does this availability list mark the availability to buy the phone or it means that it won't work on other networks?

I want to buy this phone on ebay to my in laws and I am in Lithuania.

brh150

Nov 22, 2013
I would like to know does this availability list mark the availability to buy the phone or it means that it won't work on other networks?

Comment:
We've had a lot of questions about where MOTO G will be sold. Here's the list of countries where it will be available in 2014. We are still exploring opportunities in other countries [...]

That pretty much sums it up. In other words, Moto G will be sold officially in countries from that list (for now, as this list might be extended later on) - either retail or through carriers. Retail version should be SIM-free (unlocked to any network), but if you buy from a specific carrier, it might be locked for that particular network. You should be able to unlock it by buying unlock code (for example on ebay). Search this forum for "Cheapest Unlock" thread and you will get the idea. You might also want to ask a seller if a phone is carrier-locked or unlocked, just to be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: maslelviz

yahikork

Dec 3, 2013
São Paulo
I'm from brazil and i have my Moto G 2Sim 8Gb ! =D beautfull, fast, gamming (Asphalt 8, Real Racing 3, PvsZ2, Angry Birds Star Wars, Where is my Water 2 all fast and smoth)

sunstream

Aug 27, 2012
There are, generally, two ways to buy Moto G if it is not sold in your country.

It's available on Amazon and Motorola sites with the modest price of $179 and $199 (for 8 and 16 Gb respectively). Motorola site requires American payment card, Amazon accepts everything. However, there are companies (for example, Qwintry), which can perform some actions on your behalf. For example, the item can be shipped to their office, and then they will send it to you for a comparably small fee. Some other companies can even purchase items requiring American payment cards: you pay them via PayPal or any other convenient way, and they use their payment cards to purchase an item and then ship it to you.

I would be using Amazon + Qwintry combination, if it weren't for my colleagues who went on a business trip to the USA this morning and agreed to bring me the phone back.

Just posted it here in case if you didn't know about such services.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOTO G - confirmed country list (copied from Motorola forums)

Comment:
    We've had a lot of questions about where MOTO G will be sold. Here's the list of countries where it will be available in 2014. We are still exploring opportunities in other countries, but for now this is the confirmed list.

Argentina
    Australia
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Chile
    Columbia
    Costa Rica
    Dominican Republic
    Ecuador
    El Salvador
    France
    Germany
    Ghana
    Guatemala
    Honduras
    Hong Kong
    India
    Indonesia
    Ireland
    Italy
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Malaysia
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Nicaragua
    Oman
    Panama
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Puerto Rico
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Singapore
    Spain
    Turkey
    UK
    United Arab Emirates
    United States
    Uruguay
    Venezuela

Comment:
    We've had a lot of questions about where MOTO G will be sold. Here's the list of countries where it will be available in 2014. We are still exploring opportunities in other countries [...]

That pretty much sums it up. In other words, Moto G will be sold officially in countries from that list (for now, as this list might be extended later on) - either retail or through carriers. Retail version should be SIM-free (unlocked to any network), but if you buy from a specific carrier, it might be locked for that particular network. You should be able to unlock it by buying unlock code (for example on ebay). Search this forum for "Cheapest Unlock" thread and you will get the idea. You might also want to ask a seller if a phone is carrier-locked or unlocked, just to be sure.