Moto G Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Search This thread

p.one

Jan 29, 2015
Hi I also downloaded the OTA and I also know it stucks at a point and download very slow even your WiFi speed is too good
Just do one thing when it stuck
Just go to app info of that download and touch on force stop
Then go to setting : about phone : system update
And ur download start again

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

arun.d

Sep 12, 2013
When I downloaded mine, it got struck at 30%. Then I switched off my wifi router and the download got paused. When I restarted the router, the download resumed and went normally without any struck until completion.

anmol.breezy

May 20, 2015
Hey guys. I'm thinking of rooting my Moto G2. Should I root or not, I'm confused -.-

Anybody here who has custom Rom installed?
Sorry, if I sound like a noob XD

ponnu006

Feb 10, 2012
kerala
Is there a 5.1 ROM that supports dual-SIM on our phones? I'm having call quality issues ever since I upgraded to Lollipop, and want to upgrade to 5.1 and see if that solves the problem.

There are more than one 5.1 ROMs that support dual sim. I am currently using Euphoria OS.
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/development/lollipop-5-0-x-euphoria-os-t3016005

Flash Euphoria OS 1.1 Build 20150521 as the latest one has some problems. Everything is working perfectly for me.

Reactions: ch@ts

rishabhk93

Feb 18, 2014
Noida
how to root moto g on 5.0.2

I want to root moto g xt1033 indian version running stock 5.0.2.
I have not unlocked bootloader.
And i have tried to do research on the internet but didn't find any easy to understand article.
Plz guide me(considering me a beginner) the methods to:
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Softwares and tools needed.
3. What Custom recovery and supersu?
4. How to root.

I have few questions
1. Can i root and install supersu without having to flash any custom recovery? I don't intend to flash any rom for know.
2. Few posts tell me to not use cf auto root method citing "no need to go into complications of using cf autoroot". Is it true or is there any easy method available?
3. How would i download and install future updates from Motorola without flashing update zip? I think I'll have to unroot. But i have confusion regarding whether custom recovery would let me update or i should be on stock recovery.
4. How would i go back to stock recovery? And i bought my phone with 4.4.2. Should i be on 4.4.2 recovery or 5.0.2 recovery? I didn't find any stock recovery anywhere. Does 5.0.2 or 4.4.2 has pre-included stock recovery(you know what i mean) or is there any file i need to flash?
5. Or is it even possible to just remove custom recovery to get back to stock recovery?

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you for your patience.

Please be a teacher. You will be blessed.

edit: rooted with cf auto root and with stock recovery

Last edited:

NiTesh

Nov 24, 2013
Ranchi
www.droidtechie.com
I want to root moto g xt1033 indian version running stock 5.0.2.
I have not unlocked bootloader.
And i have tried to do research on the internet but didn't find any easy to understand article.
Plz guide me(considering me a beginner) the methods to:
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Softwares and tools needed.
3. What Custom recovery and supersu?
4. How to root.

I have few questions
1. Can i root and install supersu without having to flash any custom recovery? I don't intend to flash any rom for know.
2. Few posts tell me to not use cf auto root method citing "no need to go into complications of using cf autoroot". Is it true or is there any easy method available?
3. How would i download and install future updates from Motorola without flashing update zip? I think I'll have to unroot. But i have confusion regarding whether custom recovery would let me update or i should be on stock recovery.
4. How would i go back to stock recovery? And i bought my phone with 4.4.2. Should i be on 4.4.2 recovery or 5.0.2 recovery? I didn't find any stock recovery anywhere. Does 5.0.2 or 4.4.2 has pre-included stock recovery(you know what i mean) or is there any file i need to flash?
5. Or is it even possible to just remove custom recovery to get back to stock recovery?

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you for your patience.

Please be a teacher. You will be blessed.

Here you u go : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658956

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: rishabhk93

rishabhk93

Feb 18, 2014
Noida
if i remove apps such as : Talkback, switch access from accessibility setting and quickoffice, will it break future ota updates?
though i did not remove switch access, it is missing from accessibility setting now. why is that?
can someone please share with me the .apk for above apps. i would be very thankful.

vishnu0vh

Sep 30, 2012
kochi
moto g xt1033 not able to mount ntfs pendrive even with Stickmount or Paragon

plz help me, when i try connecting my otg pendrive it shows mount usb in storage settings but unable to do so..

tried both Stickmount & Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ still doesnt work.....
anybody else got the issue ? any work arounds ?? noob here so plz take a minute to explain if there is a solution
thnx in advance....

i have stock 5.0.2 with TWRP recovery

pradeeppk

Feb 8, 2012
KERALA
plz help me, when i try connecting my otg pendrive it shows mount usb in storage settings but unable to do so..

tried both Stickmount & Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ still doesnt work.....
anybody else got the issue ? any work arounds ?? noob here so plz take a minute to explain if there is a solution
thnx in advance....

i have stock 5.0.2 with TWRP recovery

There is no need to mount otg. Use ex file explorer to view the USB disc. Also try another otg cable.

vishnu0vh

Sep 30, 2012
kochi
Dude.. It doesn't mount.... I mean that's the only way I can explain it. it works in fat32 but not in ntfs and when I use otg helper apps even they don't recognise the pendrive not even twrp recovery file explorer can read it... Only place it shows up is the storage option in settings and there instead of showing the storage size and details it asks for me to mount the usbdisk but pressing mount button doesn't work... And about using a cable I tried it and BTW mine is a otg + USB pendrive it has an otg port so basically even when I use a different otg adapter or not I still get to use my pendrive in fat32 but not ntfs and stickmount or paragon apps which are supposedly the remedy doesn't work either... So if someone else has had a similar issue plz let me know how to fix it thnx....

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
Planning to root Moto G 1st Gen, but before I do so I would like to know if we are getting any further updates for this device, anyone has any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How many times did u refresh ? You need to refesh 91 times precisely to get the update :p
    thank you!! it worked 100% and thanks to your trick the phone grew a LTE chip and now I can use 4G

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    I've had a cleanup here guys and I don't want to be returning for the same reasons.
    This is your warning.
    Thanks.
    Hello,

This is a official Indian Moto G discussion thread. It is expected to be launched in early January 2014.
    I will update the thread as we get more information.

Please keep this thread clean and use if for Moto G specific stuff only. Please avoid OT discussion.
    Yeah he said demand is so high he will just fake the sign and sell the phone which some one did not accept delivery for...
    Tell your dad there won't be a phone like this again

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

I don't think that would be a wise choice. Considering the billing name and address on the bill being of someone else, and that person will also get the order confirmation mails and bills with the IMEI and if He wants he can tell flip kart that he didn't receive the phone and then the delivery guy will be in trouble and the phone can be locked...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    hey guys, former xperia sp user here.I was having some touch problems with my xperia sp and sony wasnt attending to my querries adequately so i had to dump it.Now waiting impatiently for moto g to arrive in india.Anyways, thats not the point of discussion.I just had a live chat session with motorola customer support to enquire about the estimated date of launch in india.The exec told me that the product will appear in indian market not before the last week of january.This is in contrast to the twitter post of motorola but this is what she said.I cant wait any longer so i am considering to order one global gsm version from shopyourworld.Is there anyone here who had ordered his moto g from that site?How the global gsm moto g is going to work in india?

I bought an 8gb version from shopyourworld.com for 14600. I ordered on 10th december and got the phone on 26th Dec. The phone is working fine, I updated it to kitkat the same day. The battery and the display is really good. Curently I am using it on 2G as I got only micro sim in 2G. Once I was able to get 2 day 10 hours on batery with 10% remaining. (The usage was average during that time). I am sure that it will last for a day even in heavy usage. Previously i had an experia neo, with Legacy xperia KitKat rom. It never lasted more than 7 hours in 3G. So the battery life already surprised me in case of Moto G.

I guess this is the second best thing we can buy other than Moto-X. Screen quality is excellent especially the viewing angles. Wifi works well. The back cover is hard to remove, no other issues till now. Voice controls working way better than my Xperia. 8/10 times it follows what I say. Out of 8gb, 5.52 is available as user memory. I haven't tried Quadrant, Vellamo or Antutu tests, will do and update the results.