Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4 TWRP 3.5.0-10 Touch screen & USB-OTG

Search This thread

soccerref80

Aug 24, 2014
I took yours TWRP 3.5.2-10 and edited files same way as I wrote above: 1) "\ramdisk\system\etc\twrp.flags" to fix USB-OTG and 2) "\ramdisk\system\bin\load_modules.sh" to fix touch screen for the Sofia XT2041-4 with "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" vendor's display
Now both of my Moto G Power has updated TWRP and working touch screen and USB-OTG. Thank you for the TWRP 3.5.2-10 :)

PS: yes "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" is used for Moto G Stylus XT2043 (Code name: SOFIAP) but in my second Moto G Power XT2041-4 screen like in Moto G Stylus XT2043
I am on android 11 update issued Feb 2022.
On the touchscreen issue. I have tried many other TRWP iterations and just fastboot boot TWRP.img...to test them out............That resulted in not responsive or incorrect inputs for the various functions. Also in many cases when attempting to boot back to system I got an error and in 3 cases had to factory wipe and start again. Can I presume this (these) .IMG files correct those issues, as I do not want to keep having to start with a factory wiped phone every time. The reason I want TWRP is to play with other ROM's and that is the simplest way to do a NANDROID backup.
Thanks

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
Just rooted with Magisk and that worked out well. Tried to just boot with Twrp (both images from this thread) and while TWRP seems to start when I attempt to backup the backup fails (using SD card for storage) but does leave a log in the TWRP directory/subdirectory on the SD card. I've used TWRP on my Moto G5+ but thinks seem to have changed and I need some assistance.

Running Android 11, stock image. Wanted to do a backup with TWRP but it fails every time.

Thanks

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
Recovery has been attached but does not seem to be present. Will try a zip and see if that works.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 52

ehidle

Nov 23, 2011
I tried this, but it does not prompt for the decryption PIN. Thus, it can't do anything.

XT2041-4 with unlocked bootloader

soccerref80

Aug 24, 2014
Oh awesome, you're welcome! 😊👍 Yeah, you're right about that size difference and I noticed it as well, but thought that it'd still work regardless. Glad we both got this sorted out in time before giving up on this wonderful fix.
New issue for me I have nor found anything to explain it in here, so I have the Moto G Power XT2041-4 AUO version. I boot loaded into TWRP3.5.0.10 and the screens seemed to work fine, everything was touch sensitive, however when trying to wipe D.Cache, or do backup I get errors.
On backup it is 255. I then thought it may be that the recovery was not permanent so I flashed it, re-booted and went back to recovery. TWRP again loaded fine but the errors persist. What on earth am I doing wrong. Bootloader is unlocked by the way, phone is NOT rooted however.

Aceofzeroz

New issue for me I have nor found anything to explain it in here, so I have the Moto G Power XT2041-4 AUO version. I boot loaded into TWRP3.5.0.10 and the screens seemed to work fine, everything was touch sensitive, however when trying to wipe D.Cache, or do backup I get errors.
On backup it is 255. I then thought it may be that the recovery was not permanent so I flashed it, re-booted and went back to recovery. TWRP again loaded fine but the errors persist. What on earth am I doing wrong. Bootloader is unlocked by the way, phone is NOT rooted however.
That's odd, it's working fine when I use it, which I'm not using right now because I'm currently on an Android 14 rom from a telegram group which is called A-Team for Moto phones. Ultimately I don't know what is happening with your TWRP but I personally can't help you move forward because I'm not using it anymore. 😌😉 If you're on stock Android 11 then I don't think it will work because this one uses stock android 10 as a base to flash ROMs up to Android 11. As for android 13 and 14, you either have to use fastbootd or in the case of the ROM I'm using, you get an included installer which does all the work for you.

soccerref80

Aug 24, 2014
That's odd, it's working fine when I use it, which I'm not using right now because I'm currently on an Android 14 rom from a telegram group which is called A-Team for Moto phones. Ultimately I don't know what is happening with your TWRP but I personally can't help you move forward because I'm not using it anymore. 😌😉
Thanks for the response. DO you know if the OP is still working on this or responding to posts? Posted to head of thread just in case.:cool:

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

soccerref80

Aug 24, 2014
A) TOUCH SCREEN: I have 2 phones Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4 Code name: SOFIA Firmware: QPMS30.80-109-5 and after installing TWRP I found that touch screen on one of the phones doesn't work. I started looking for the differences in these phones and I discovered that screen vendors of the phones are different and correspondingly they used different drivers, so with available unofficial TWRP 3.5.0-10 touch screen worked only for one phone. I had to provide drivers and references to these drivers in TWRP in order other phone's touch screen worked in TWRP. How I resoled the problem (step by step):
1) find out what screen vendor you have in your phone | install on your phone apk "Devices Info HW+" start it up and in "General" look for "LCM" records | I have in both my phones different vendors: "dsi_ft8756_tm_vid_display" & "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" | One phone Moto G Power with "dsi_ft8756_tm_vid_display" vendor had no problems with touch screen and other Moto G Power has no touch screen with "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" screen vendor.​
2) unpack TWRP with AIK (android-image-kitchen) | open file \ramdisk\sbin\load_ts_firmware.sh in notepad for editing and find this​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A) TOUCH SCREEN: I have 2 phones Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4 Code name: SOFIA Firmware: QPMS30.80-109-5 and after installing TWRP I found that touch screen on one of the phones doesn't work. I started looking for the differences in these phones and I discovered that screen vendors of the phones are different and correspondingly they used different drivers, so with available unofficial TWRP 3.5.0-10 touch screen worked only for one phone. I had to provide drivers and references to these drivers in TWRP in order other phone's touch screen worked in TWRP. How I resoled the problem (step by step):
    1) find out what screen vendor you have in your phone | install on your phone apk "Devices Info HW+" start it up and in "General" look for "LCM" records | I have in both my phones different vendors: "dsi_ft8756_tm_vid_display" & "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" | One phone Moto G Power with "dsi_ft8756_tm_vid_display" vendor had no problems with touch screen and other Moto G Power has no touch screen with "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" screen vendor.​
    2) unpack TWRP with AIK (android-image-kitchen) | open file \ramdisk\sbin\load_ts_firmware.sh in notepad for editing and find this record:​
    sofia)​
    insmod $module_path/aw8695.ko​
    firmware_file="focaltech-tianma-ft8756-0b-01-sofia.bin"​
    then edit last line and exchange name of the firmware file so it would look like:​
    sofia)​
    insmod $module_path/aw8695.ko​
    firmware_file="focaltech-auo-ft8756-0b-01-sofiap.bin"​
    save the file and repack TWRP in AIK | test your phone booting to a new repacked TWRP file | Touch screen must work now​
    B) OTG: I noticed that in both of my Moto G Power I could not mount USB-OTG in TWRP. | I unpacked the TWRP with AIK and edited \ramdisk\etc\twrp.fstab file so last two lines should look like this:

/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 flags=removable;storage;display="external_sd"​
    /usb-otg auto /dev/block/sda1 flags=fsflags=utf8;display="usb-otg";storage;wipeingui;removable​

save the file and repack TWRP in AIK | test your phone booting to a new repacked TWRP file | USB-OTG must work now

That's all folks. Enjoy! :)

PS: Two attached files edited TWRP files based on unofficial TWRP 3.5.0-10 | "twrp-3.5.0-10_tm.img" for Moto G Power 2020 with "dsi_ft8756_tm_vid_display" touch screen vendor and "twrp-3.5.0-10_auo.img" for Moto G Power 2020 with "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" touch screen vendor. USB-OTG & touch screen are fixed.
    I took yours TWRP 3.5.2-10 and edited files same way as I wrote above: 1) "\ramdisk\system\etc\twrp.flags" to fix USB-OTG and 2) "\ramdisk\system\bin\load_modules.sh" to fix touch screen for the Sofia XT2041-4 with "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" vendor's display
    Now both of my Moto G Power has updated TWRP and working touch screen and USB-OTG. Thank you for the TWRP 3.5.2-10 :)

PS: yes "dsi_ft8756_auo_vid_display" is used for Moto G Stylus XT2043 (Code name: SOFIAP) but in my second Moto G Power XT2041-4 screen like in Moto G Stylus XT2043
    I look forward to trying this out! I think several of us have wondered why our touchscreens were screwy while others claimed they had no issues.

Bravo sir!!
    Wow...sounds like fun....and I'm gonna try on sofiap metropcs...had same issue
    Finally got around to trying this out. I can confirm that the 'auo' versions work with proper touchscreen operation! I tried out the 3.5.2-10_auo file, and although I didnt test it extensively, it looks to finally be the working TWRP many of us have been hoping for.

Good work guys, and thank you.

(BTW: anyone else who uses this from fastboot/command line note the 3.5.2 file uses a "_" after TWRP, rather than a "-" like the typical img files. My inattention to that detail had me scratching my head for a few minutes 😄)