Moto G Pure - XT2163-4 root?

Search This thread
Yes. I have the rooted Magisk boot for that very model (attached here). You'll need to be familiar with ADB and fastboot. First step is to go to Motorola Account to Verify with device ID and get Unlock token. Then after receiving the unlock key follow the instructions in your email and then reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img that I'll upload onto here. :)

Attachments

• magpat.img
    32 MB · Views: 4,735

incidentalbread

Jan 10, 2023
It seems like Pure can be rooted but no one reports putting a new ROM on it yet ... I think. What is the benefit of rooting it in this case? I'm pretty new to this ... is it to have more de-bloating options?

umphhmj

Apr 10, 2016
Yes. I have the rooted Magisk boot for that very model (attached here). You'll need to be familiar with ADB and fastboot. First step is to go to Motorola Account to Verify with device ID and get Unlock token. Then after receiving the unlock key follow the instructions in your email and then reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img that I'll upload onto here. :)
Here is the android 12 patched magisk boot img for X2163-4 only! Just make sure your BL is unlocked before flashing this with fastboot

Attachments

• magiskpatched12.img
    32 MB · Views: 3,833
D

Deleted member 11575455

so i got a buddy who has this device and he's having issues with magisk for some reson on 12, anyone else having this issue? I also have an initial twrp done up if anyone is interested. I still gotta fix mtp but it boots and touch is working for his djn novatek screen. I'm attaching a TEST Build of TWRP for you guys. I also have rebuilt the super image and it boots so I'll be cramming some GSI in there at some point. I can be reached live on my Android Telegram group for more in depth coverage of this device as I pry won't post here again

Attachments

• TWRP_Recovery_Boot-Moto_G_Pure_2021_XT2163.img
    29.2 MB · Views: 4,507
Reactions: flores1970sergio

c8m3r4n

Sep 10, 2020
am new to this. Is there a guide for get twrp to my moto g pure ellis. Mine is canada retail and bootloader is unlocked already

underworld737

Feb 17, 2022
OnePlus 9
so i got a buddy who has this device and he's having issues with magisk for some reson on 12, anyone else having this issue? I also have an initial twrp done up if anyone is interested. I still gotta fix mtp but it boots and touch is working for his djn novatek screen. I'm attaching a TEST Build of TWRP for you guys. I also have rebuilt the super image and it boots so I'll be cramming some GSI in there at some point. I can be reached live on my Android Telegram group for more in depth coverage of this device as I pry won't post here again

It booted fine, but the notch blocks the clock out and the touch doesn't work on mine, same model "XT2163-4" and on Dec 2022 security patch

Attachments

• 2023-02-22-16-51-33-506.jpg
    2023-02-22-16-51-33-506.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 349

underworld737

Feb 17, 2022
OnePlus 9
InShot_20230222_165724013.jpg

And also, what type of issues you mean by, if flashing issues, I didn't had any flashing magisk patched boot.img to it, so far it's working, will post back if I run into any issues

c8m3r4n

Sep 10, 2020
View attachment 5844475
And also, what type of issues you mean by, if flashing issues, I didn't had any flashing magisk patched boot.img to it, so far it's working, will post back if I run into any issues
It booted fine, but the notch blocks the clock out and the touch doesn't work on mine, same model "XT2163-4" and on Dec 2022 security patch
use orange fox instead here is link https://t.me/Android_General_Chat here is where the orange fox and rom development taking place if interested follow https://xdaforums.com/m/pizzag.11575455/ invitation.

underworld737

Feb 17, 2022
OnePlus 9
use orange fox instead here is link https://t.me/Android_General_Chat here is where the orange fox and rom development taking place if interested follow https://xdaforums.com/m/pizzag.11575455/ invitation.

Yeah already saw, and I'm already in the group

kxrma

May 12, 2022
For the unfortunate people with the Tracfone model and can't unlock the bootloader, I will be trying to find the testing points for the phone to access the bootrom so I can use MTK Client to unlock the bootloader and root the phone. I'll update you guys when I find it. :)

Reactions: Bpruss120

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, I’ve either done something super stupid, or found something that can help people unlock their phones bootloader. I was messing around with my moto g pure a few weeks ago and thought it would be a great idea to flash the lk partition with a slightly modified image (knowing damn well it would brick the device). I thought the moto g pure would at least restrict flahing the lk partition but it didn’t. After flashing I rebooted and my phone was bricked. Not really surprised. But if a critical partition like lk can be flashed, can the preloader partition be flashed with a blank image so that the phone could reboot to BootROM mode?
    Here is the android 12 patched magisk boot img for X2163-4 only! Just make sure your BL is unlocked before flashing this with fastboot
    Moto G Pure - XT2163-4 root? is there a root out there? thx
    D
    Deleted member 11575455

am new to this. Is there a guide for get twrp to my moto g pure ellis. Mine is canada retail and bootloader is unlocked already
    Is it the XT2163-4? If bootloader is unlocked, there should be on somewhere with the rom that contains the boot.img for you to patch it via magisk and flash it