Question Moto G Stylus 5G(metro by T-Mobile) Can't write system files.

Search This thread

Daveed1013

Feb 10, 2017
Chico
Moto G Stylus
Moto G Stylus 5G
I've had my Moto G Stylus 5G rooted with magisk for a while now and just realized I can't write any system files, remove any system files or uninstall system apps. I have no idea where to start so any help at all or if someone could point me in the right direction?

Side note, this is my first thread ever so everything is new to me.

Reactions: jpearson82
NOT responsible for bricked device!!! Proceed with caution and at your own risk. Linux/Ubuntu/debian is absolutely necessary for this process. No other ways for it.

NOT for the new Magisk v25 DO NOT DO THIS if you have installed Magisk v25 and have avb intact. Read the second paragraph again twice PLEASE!

Credit goes to NOT ME! ! ! ((Lebigmac has this

)(mines better in my opinion but I used his packages soo all to him everybody)) You should check these files out. Flash rw25.zip (I edited size of available space to agree with our ROM.) in twrp or OFox. An error will occur! Don't panic! Do not exit twrp/OFox. Unzip systemrw_1.32_bundle.zip in Linux/Ubuntu and run the sysrw script from the unzipped folder. From there it will dump your images from system, vendor, product, system_ext and create a super_fixed.bin(fastboot flashable) and then the script will flash to your device.
If you want clean then factory reset and wipe data, otherwise reboot and start uninstalling.
*⚠️ warning ⚠️ *
If your device gets stuck in bootloop then flash stock vbmeta and vbmeta_system images with the flags --disable-verity --disable-verification. All will boot fine after that. (Again no Magisk v25. The new coding fails both ways.)
After all is said and done then start uninstalling packages, and or adding packages to your mounted /,/system,/vendor, etc by using terminal in recovery by advanced menu and mount then by typing
mount -o remount,rw /
" Same as above but with " /System_root, not /
Same as above but with /Product,. Etc,etc
After such you can add packages to product or system to get apps to install to system. Make sure you install the app first In android before you want to move it to system so it is initiated for your device

Just look in data/data in android os to find out which packages you should copy. (I check dates to see which of my apps I installed latest and go from there.) Then in twrp copy your apk and any lib or lib 64 to a newly created system/apps/selectedApp folder. after you copy the files, rename the folder you just copied to the system/product dir to the name of the app In camelBack type. That means the first word of the folder should all be lowercase and every word after that should start with a capital.

E.g. googleCalendar novaLauncher googleChromeBeta
So on and so on.
After everything wipe caches.
Whoop whoop!! All gravy baby now you can do anything your heart contents to.
((AGAIN I cannot stress this enough. NO MAGISK v25 NO No NO no NO No no!) Find another way for Magisk v25)

Attachments

• rw25.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 14
  • systemrw_1.32_BUNDLE_proper.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: Daveed1013
Moto G Stylus 5g (2021) xt2131 only

Here is the page for the custom kernel you will need to flash.

And the recovery is at

*Command*
fastboot boot twrp*.img (name of file)

Once in twrp go to advanced tab and tap on install recovery to ramdisk and then continue to flash the twrp.img from before.
If touch doesn't work you must flash the kernel to make sure touch is responsive.
Best way for that if you do not have an otg cable is to download
Franco's kernel manager and flash it in the app. Guaranteed to work.
DO NOT flash twrp with Franco kernel manager unless you know what you're doing. K peoples.

Custom roms cannot be flashed with recovery yet. Only the custom recovery will work to flash custom ROM onto custom ROM base. Do not try to flash custom ROM package with twrp over stock android. Got it, great, good.

Now,
Good luck and think smart. Read twice work once.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had my Moto G Stylus 5G rooted with magisk for a while now and just realized I can't write any system files, remove any system files or uninstall system apps. I have no idea where to start so any help at all or if someone could point me in the right direction?

Side note, this is my first thread ever so everything is new to me.
    NOT responsible for bricked device!!! Proceed with caution and at your own risk. Linux/Ubuntu/debian is absolutely necessary for this process. No other ways for it.

NOT for the new Magisk v25 DO NOT DO THIS if you have installed Magisk v25 and have avb intact. Read the second paragraph again twice PLEASE!

Credit goes to NOT ME! ! ! ((Lebigmac has this

)(mines better in my opinion but I used his packages soo all to him everybody)) You should check these files out. Flash rw25.zip (I edited size of available space to agree with our ROM.) in twrp or OFox. An error will occur! Don't panic! Do not exit twrp/OFox. Unzip systemrw_1.32_bundle.zip in Linux/Ubuntu and run the sysrw script from the unzipped folder. From there it will dump your images from system, vendor, product, system_ext and create a super_fixed.bin(fastboot flashable) and then the script will flash to your device.
    If you want clean then factory reset and wipe data, otherwise reboot and start uninstalling.
    *⚠️ warning ⚠️ *
    If your device gets stuck in bootloop then flash stock vbmeta and vbmeta_system images with the flags --disable-verity --disable-verification. All will boot fine after that. (Again no Magisk v25. The new coding fails both ways.)
    After all is said and done then start uninstalling packages, and or adding packages to your mounted /,/system,/vendor, etc by using terminal in recovery by advanced menu and mount then by typing
    mount -o remount,rw /
    " Same as above but with " /System_root, not /
    Same as above but with /Product,. Etc,etc
    After such you can add packages to product or system to get apps to install to system. Make sure you install the app first In android before you want to move it to system so it is initiated for your device

Just look in data/data in android os to find out which packages you should copy. (I check dates to see which of my apps I installed latest and go from there.) Then in twrp copy your apk and any lib or lib 64 to a newly created system/apps/selectedApp folder. after you copy the files, rename the folder you just copied to the system/product dir to the name of the app In camelBack type. That means the first word of the folder should all be lowercase and every word after that should start with a capital.

E.g. googleCalendar novaLauncher googleChromeBeta
    So on and so on.
    After everything wipe caches.
    Whoop whoop!! All gravy baby now you can do anything your heart contents to.
    ((AGAIN I cannot stress this enough. NO MAGISK v25 NO No NO no NO No no!) Find another way for Magisk v25)
    And of course I have Magisk v25 installed...
    Just downgrade through twrp or OFox by removing Magisk and then installing the v24.1 apk just like a zip.