Moto G4 Camera, File Manager, TimeWeather widget & bootlogo

Search This thread

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
In Moto G4 "Photos" by Google totally relpaced Moto Gallery, don't ask for this port then.
Both the apps work only on Marshmallow or newer.

Time Weather aka Command Center on older Motos - Flashable zip or Standalone app
Uninstall any previous version of Command Center to avoid conflicts before installing this.
NVeW15s.png

Camera - Flashable zip (Play Store upgradable)

Tip 1: Add the following line to your build.prop in order to enable professional mode: (thanks @iiWoodstocK)
Code:
ro.product.device=athene
else you can try this package made by @hossman

Tip 2: Enable "Save to SD" feature:
Thanks @tee_pot and @VR.gtmini for the step by step guide.
  • Open (and backup) packages.xml from /data/system folder in QuickEdit app
  • Search with the in-built feature for com.motorola.cameraone
  • Paste <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" /> in/after <perms> tag
  • Save by pressing back twice and confirming Yes (Grant Root permission if asks)
  • Reboot
else if you are an Xposed user, Marshmallow SD Fix
LzDitfL.png

4JLMGDR.png

3WlMEkv.png

Lenovo File Manager - Standalone app
cZ26qYQ.png

QwzM5Db.png

voVKith.png

8uAm2nL.png

Bootlogo - Flashable zip
I've resized it for our device
PVmhFk1.png

Last edited:

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012

Piyush Garg

Dec 30, 2015
OnePlus Nord
Oh, that's why, these apps work only on Marshmallow+
Ok
I know this is not right thread but can u plz help me out with this problem
I am using moto g 2015 XT1550 a few months ago I screen was broken and I replaced that and it was not genuine. As when I flash any 6.0 base ROM touch does not work from starting , from language selection ,but volume - + and power key works .when I flash L.P based ROM it work perfectly.
Plzz help.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Ok
I know this is not right thread but can u plz help me out with this problem
I am using moto g 2015 XT1550 a few months ago I screen was broken and I replaced that and it was not genuine. As when I flash any 6.0 base ROM touch does not work from starting , from language selection ,but volume - + and power key works .when I flash L.P based ROM it work perfectly.
Plzz help.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The only thing I can think that could cause this issue is the new touchscreen firmware. Since around a month on CM we use the lollipop touchscreen firmware. If it still doesn't work on latest cm nightlies, sorry I haven't other clues.
all apps are working on cm13.......thanks
can you port g4 bootanimation for cm13 pls..
Don't quote the whole OP please. Take a look here

lucasortlieb

Sep 11, 2013
Dourados - MS
Nice! camera working perfectly on my Moto X 2014 - CM13
the manual mode isn't avaliable, as well as slow motion (shown in screenshot but not a feature of X 2014)

could you port the other apps? like the moto app, new active display and so on?

Reactions: josealvarezn

AMITY32

Nov 1, 2014
Quick Capture Is Not Working Now!!?

Best port ....All things are working good.
pls solved these issue of double twist to open camera.
I am using pre-rooted stock rom. 6.0.1?

ndasarathy

Dec 3, 2013
Oahu
hi. i'm running cm13 withwith squid kernel. i flashed droid turbo v1 clock widget.zip
1. How do i remove that widget (i flashed it via recovery. how to uninstall it in order flash this one?)
2. Can i flash the clock widget and camera app on cm13?

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
Can you please make the bootanimation work...
The new boot animation is cool too but the lenovo branding but there still the moto style around... :p

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

hi. i'm running cm13 withwith squid kernel. i flashed droid turbo v1 clock widget.zip
1. How do i remove that widget (i flashed it via recovery. how to uninstall it in order flash this one?)
2. Can i flash the clock widget and camera app on cm13?
To remove it simply extract the zip and find the files that you see it the system partition and delete them using any root explorer or es file explorer will do the work.
Press thanks if It helped you.

ndasarathy

Dec 3, 2013
Oahu
Can you please make the bootanimation work...
The new boot animation is cool too but the lenovo branding but there still the moto style around... :p

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

To remove it simply extract the zip and find the files that you see it the system partition and delete them using any root explorer or es file explorer will do the work.
Press thanks if It helped you.

can't find meta-inf folder but deleted the other two folders. is this the only way to delete a flashed zip file? are there any other ways?

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
can't find meta-inf folder but deleted the other two folders. is this the only way to delete a flashed zip file? are there any other ways?
So here you go...
You need es file explorer make sure you have root grant root access and mount R/W for system partition.
After that head to system/app directory and delete the folder, 'Command-Center'
Next you go to system/etc/permission and delete the file named, "com.motorola.commandcenter.library.xml".
And finally go to system/framework and delete the file named "com.motorola.commandcenter.library.jar".
Now reboot your device you will find that it has been removed. If you are still facing problem then mention it to me. :)

Reactions: sai srinivas kop

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
Many thanks Alberto!

I am using the cam on cm13 and it seems everything works great.

However I wish it would store pics to external storage... There looks to be an option but its greyed out, all permissions are granted. Anyone know a possible work around?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1463748582443.jpg
    1463748582443.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In Moto G4 "Photos" by Google totally relpaced Moto Gallery, don't ask for this port then.
    Both the apps work only on Marshmallow or newer.

Time Weather aka Command Center on older Motos - Flashable zip or Standalone app
    Uninstall any previous version of Command Center to avoid conflicts before installing this.
    NVeW15s.png

Camera - Flashable zip (Play Store upgradable)

Tip 1: Add the following line to your build.prop in order to enable professional mode: (thanks @iiWoodstocK)
    Code:
    ro.product.device=athene
    else you can try this package made by @hossman

Tip 2: Enable "Save to SD" feature:
    Thanks @tee_pot and @VR.gtmini for the step by step guide.
    • Open (and backup) packages.xml from /data/system folder in QuickEdit app
    • Search with the in-built feature for com.motorola.cameraone
    • Paste <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" /> in/after <perms> tag
    • Save by pressing back twice and confirming Yes (Grant Root permission if asks)
    • Reboot
    else if you are an Xposed user, Marshmallow SD Fix
    LzDitfL.png

4JLMGDR.png

3WlMEkv.png

Lenovo File Manager - Standalone app
    cZ26qYQ.png

QwzM5Db.png

voVKith.png

8uAm2nL.png

Bootlogo - Flashable zip
    I've resized it for our device
    PVmhFk1.png
    Some of you may have noticed that Motorola has published the new camera as new app but when you open it, you'll get "Device not Supported" message.
    This zip (which basically is the one you can find at the first post without the camera apk) will make it working.
    Why making another zip then? Simply in this way you don't have to download the camera app twice.
    This procedure should work on every device but on non-moto ones (or in those custom roms where is not possible installing the old camera from the Play Store), you have to wait for the Play Store refreshing your device permissions (this may take hours or days). If you do a wipe data, you will be able to install the new camera immediatly instead.
    Just another thing about the disabled storage selection. They probably use old/proprietary APIs for storage location, I can't do much about this. This may be a good workaround though.

EDIT: I forgot to say that on CyanogenMod, starting from 03/06/2016 nightly (on osprey and surnia), you can use the new camera without flashing anything else. Just install the new app from the Play Store.

When I Rename Moto G3 Camera App..Mot Camera.apk to MotCamera.apk.bak... Task Failed???? Why???

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Free mobile app
    You need to set your /system folder as writable. But at this point it's better for you using the above procedure.
    In the clock widget don't work the weather (Force close when click the setting button) moto g 1 xt1032 gen no root stock android 5.0.2

Can someone port the file manager?
    Can you port the new file manager?
    OP Updated with File Manager port
    All these apk are supposed to work on marshmallow or newer android releases
    Is there a way to modify the APK of the Moto G4 Camera in order to force enable professional mode?
    Yes, unzip the apk, go to res/values/raw folder and open app_features.json and add your device codename to the following line:
    Code:
    "device": "athene,griffin,addison"
    Zip everything again, sign the apk and it is ready for the installation.
    PS: To enable professional mode without editing the apk you have to add to your build.prop the ro.product.device property, not ro.product.name.