[Moto G5S Plus][ROM][All Regions] Moto Stock Firmwares/Captured OREO OTAs

CheckYourScreen

Sep 19, 2012
Delhi
Hi Folks!

Single thread for all the fastboot flashable stock firmwares and official OTAs.

Captured OREO 8.1.0 OTAs can be found in a separate folder, Check the region specific folders and DO READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FILES FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Make sure you are on unmodified stock rom with build number NPSS26.116-61-11(For RETIN Region OTA) and NPSS26.116-64-11(For RETBR Region OTA) before flashing/installing it, or else it wont flash/install.

Bootloader status does NOT matter, so unlocked guys can install it too, just make sure you have flashed stock first via fastboot.

Edit: Uploaded the fastboot flashable firmware OPS28.65-36.
Those who have unlocked bootloader can flash it via fastboot.
Locked bootloader ones can use the OTA files but make sure you are on eligible firmware.

Downloads:

Fastboot Flashable Firmwares: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=214680

Captured OTAs: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=282605

Suggestions:
  • Never re-lock your device's bootloader.
  • Never downgrade your firmware.

XDA:DevDB Information
Moto Stock Firmwares/Captured OREO OTAs, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
CheckYourScreen
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-09-17
Last Updated 2018-09-22

CheckYourScreen

Sep 19, 2012
Delhi
Installation Steps

For OTA files:
  1. Make sure you are on unmodified stock firmware, or just flash the stock rom again using fastboot.
  2. Place the OTA file in internal storage(do not place it in a folder)
  3. Go to settings>Apps and give storage permissions to Motorola Update Services app
  4. Go to about and check for update.

Last edited:

AnubhavKumarc

Mar 30, 2015
No
Flash using sideload
It didn't detect the update on my phone when I was on roaming network, as soon as I switched to Wi-Fi it did, Motorola Update services doesn't work on roaming. And yeah it can be flashed using sideload, but that's not what I was talking about.

CheckYourScreen

Sep 19, 2012
Delhi
Its soak test or stock rom ??
Final stable build of stock oreo.
Looks like soak, by seeing the kernel version "prerelease"
I wonder if it's final OTA, then why the kernel version says "prerelease" :confused::confused::(:eek::rolleyes:
Thats GCC toolchain release info for god sake
Pls provide mirror links AndroidFileHost is slow AF.
You can wait for moto to send you ota. No mirrors plz.
After I flashed Oreo update my network lost bro what should i do?? i tried to restore it with efs and presist but not worked..
Follow the volte fix. Join telegram group (https://t.me/g5splus) and type #voltefix and follow the steps.
What about reteu channel? It was not mentioned at all
Official roll out and ota packages have been released only for retbr and retin region. Wait for moto to release ota for EU region, I'll upload it once available.