Moto G6 Play [Jeter][Aljeter] JeterPie [ROM] Updated 3.5.2020

Search This thread

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Has anyone had the chance to try this yet?
I'll be trying it within the next day or so but I'm also gonna be trying the kernel out with both stock and your debloated Rom just to really see differences lol.

ive just noticed it says its on the 118-2 build which means this is the soak test build of 9 but the official sprint firmware is 118-41. so im guessing gonna have to downgrade?

Last edited:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
I'll be trying it within the next day or so but I'm also gonna be trying the kernel out with both stock and your debloated Rom just to really see differences lol.

ive just noticed it says its on the 118-2 build which means this is the soak test build of 9 but the official sprint firmware is 118-41. so im guessing gonna have to downgrade?
You MIGHT need to downgrade. i would try it with the directions in the OP if you are already on 9, the next build will be based on the 118-41 framework, I will have some free time to build that this weekend.

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
You MIGHT need to downgrade. i would try it with the directions in the OP if you are already on 9, the next build will be based on the 118-41 framework, I will have some free time to build that this weekend.
Yea gonna have to downgrade, and my sim card as a whole just wasn't even getting detected by the phone. The kernel did flash over but didn't do anything, had to manually flash the encryption disabler and magisk still but I didn't get thrown into a bootloop, there was a moment where it took a solid 10+ minutes to get passed the "phone is starting" screen before I said screw this. I think I'll just wait till the 118-41 build comes around because the process ( more or less the long wait times) of having to downgrade to 150-4 then go back to 118-2 is annoying lmao. I'm back on official pie as I type this lol

Reactions: Sands207

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
Yea gonna have to downgrade, and my sim card as a whole just wasn't even getting detected by the phone. The kernel did flash over but didn't do anything, had to manually flash the encryption disabler and magisk still but I didn't get thrown into a bootloop, there was a moment where it took a solid 10+ minutes to get passed the "phone is starting" screen before I said screw this. I think I'll just wait till the 118-41 build comes around because the process ( more or less the long wait times) of having to downgrade to 150-4 then go back to 118-2 is annoying lmao. I'm back on official pie as I type this lol
ok, thank you for your feedback. I'll base the next one on the most current 9.0 build.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninjakira

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
ok, thank you for your feedback. I'll base the next one on the most current 9.0 build.
I would have logcats but from reflashing firmwares I lost em ?. I tried a few different combinations of stuff just to see what could work and nothing worked how I thought lol. I tried flashing stock 118-2 with just the kernel and that's how I noticed it didn't decrypt. It did install magisk manager just encryption was still there, tried stock with your kernel then flashed the disabler and magisk from twrp and that's what caused it sitting at the "starting up phone" screen, the debloated rom was the same results to. I've noticed when we flash the disabler is says stuff like patchimg fstabs and removing dm verity and other things and magisk does the same so it def has soemthing to do with fstabs cause we originally needed a patched fstabs in the beginning when quiksilver figured it out. The issue is finding a way to get twrp to do it and stick ?.

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
I would have logcats but from reflashing firmwares I lost em ?. I tried a few different combinations of stuff just to see what could work and nothing worked how I thought lol. I tried flashing stock 118-2 with just the kernel and that's how I noticed it didn't decrypt. It did install magisk manager just encryption was still there, tried stock with your kernel then flashed the disabler and magisk from twrp and that's what caused it sitting at the "starting up phone" screen, the debloated rom was the same results to. I've noticed when we flash the disabler is says stuff like patchimg fstabs and removing dm verity and other things and magisk does the same so it def has soemthing to do with fstabs cause we originally needed a patched fstabs in the beginning when quiksilver figured it out. The issue is finding a way to get twrp to do it and stick ?.
I'm working on it, thanks for helping out. it's much appreciated btw i forgot a step in twrp that is adding to your woes. I'll add it when i upload the next build

Last edited:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
OP UPDATED

V2 For phones on Android 9 Pie build 118-41:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tFrmJVuSQVxSTGmDgJ2MXh1ZiDm0d28C

The directions are the same as in the OP. No need to flash dm-verity,decryption or permissive patch with this new build that will take place during the install process. The launcher included is Evie. If you find that phone is stuck on "phone is loading" open screen please simply open the google play store through the ongoing update in the notification area, ensuring that you login to google should also restore your current launcher. I'm still working this out. Original build will be updated to reflect changes in the newer version. Please use adb to take logs if you face bootloops so I can help you. Please follow the directions in order and make sure you are on each respective build before flashing to ensure best results!:cool::cool::cool:

Enjoy! :D

-Sands207

Last edited:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
New build up for you!

Reactions: ninjakira

merx773

Dec 29, 2011
Chicago
Moto G Stylus
Aroma Installer Error

Line 156 Col 4

Does that make sense? I'm not too keen on the programming and while I didn't grab a logcat I did manage a screenshot of the error. This is for the V2 just posted. I had all the prerequisites satisfied.

I hope this helps!

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
Line 156 Col 4

Does that make sense? I'm not too keen on the programming and while I didn't grab a logcat I did manage a screenshot of the error. This is for the V2 just posted. I had all the prerequisites satisfied.

I hope this helps!
it does. i need to convert the updater binary to a script instead. I'll upload new builds of both in a few days.

EDIT: both builds fixed. Links in OP updated. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LGStNkYsi9dg-1CSclpRw2k6UrSLa5pJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceminer

Chad974

Oct 20, 2018
no, the second rom in the OP is 118-41. This link is for those on the pie soak like I am.

im also receiving the Aroma Installer Error
(Line 156 Col 4)

After flashing the jeterpieslimbuild118-41.zip......
im currently running stock PCP29.118-41 after flashing stock back to the phone
followed your instructions making sure to dot my i's and cross my t's 4 times yesterday
now correct me if im wrong but on the 14th of August you had posted both builds fixed and that links in OP where updated? but i have never been past the first page of the OP until tonight and after downloading jeterpieslimbuild118-41.zip 4 times over thinking it could be a bad connection issue and now downloading the full file and my device saying it did or whatever other reason i could come up with other than im just illiterate and need more help then you could ever offer to me it alway ended with the same error! am i missing something/
back up, format data, reboot recovery, wipe everything except sd card, then flash rom and reboot right or am i really illiterate you can be brutally honest i wont be offended i promise :D

Last edited:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
(Line 156 Col 4)

followed your instructions making sure to dot my i's and cross my t's 4 times yesterday
now correct me if im wrong but on the 14th of August you had posted both builds fixed and that links in OP where updated? but i have never been past the first page of the OP until tonight and after downloading jeterpieslimbuild118-41.zip 4 times over thinking it could be a bad connection issue and now downloading the full file and my device saying it did or whatever other reason i could come up with other than im just illiterate and need more help then you could ever offer to me it alway ended with the same error! am i missing something/
back up, format data, reboot recovery, wipe everything except sd card, then flash rom and reboot right or am i really illiterate you can be brutally honest i wont be offended i promise :D
No you have the directions right. I will re make the ROM build again, aroma looks nice when it works but im going to remove it. I'll upload a new build tonight. i don't want you guys messing your phones up.

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
OP UPDATED

JeterPieSlim For phones on Android 9 Pie build PCP29.118-41

Kernel: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zS...0vDFM_U4MCQTXd

Flash any kernel mods AFTER if flashing kernel as a stand alone with your current setup!

ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vm...OUAC5ekvrfr4wz

I am only going to support the last Oreo patch build and 118-41 and newer going forward. This is easier for me on my end. I fixed the installer and removed aroma so it should no longer throw errors, please let me know what you find and if possible start running a log using adb logcat before you begin so we can examine what exactly is causing errors =)

Thanks and enjoy, you should update to this build ota or otherwise before flashing anything and backup in TWRP first!

Reactions: flash713

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
(Line 156 Col 4)

No offense taken! You should be good to go with the new build!

Chad974

Oct 20, 2018
Nope still a no go fails to mount/unmount /dev/block/platform/soc7824900.sdhci/by-name/userdata at /data: device or resource busy then fails again with same output then extracts system and so on installs everything else and fails to mount data.
Install finishes successful reboot to boot loop hangs at bad key for a while shuts off turns on bad key and repeat....
Never makes it to Android setup screen not even the Moto boot animation only bad key and black screen.... Guess it's time to fire up Ubuntu4kitchen once again and dig thru my converted sparsechunk system IMG add remove debloat mod and build to my likings....
Really just want to get rid of Facebook app app stack
Gadget guardian tidal Uber audible Amazon and all Google apks and replace Google play with fdroid and other open source apks....
Basically a diy copperhead OS... maybe I should just port copperhead to the Moto g6 play

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
I have a brick, I have the firmware for my xt***-9 retail jeter. I tried fastboot
Fastboot flash * *.* and I get an error
error cannot open file

I use rsd lite and it recognizes the firmwarw and will extract, but "show device" is greyed out and no device will show.
In "devices and printers" on my windows 10 pc, it shows the device as "fastboot jeter" there.
The phone connects, but it doesnt make that satisfying sound when the usb device properly connects to windows, yall know what im talkin bout :)
It has the same errors on my moto E5 too, which is not a brick, why I mention that.
Im pretty sure its my usb cord, as I cant think of anything else, I reinstalled kbown good drivers for the device and rebooted everything and tried it again.

However, I am often wrong and so if there is something I can try please let me know, im going to buy a new cord after work, but without being able to tinker with my device, the dread boredom will set in.

Thanks!

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    This ROM is for devices Jeter (Xt1922-7) & *NEW* Aljeter (Xt1922-5) and is based on our most current Pie security patches. For Jeter that is PCP29.118-67 and for Aljeter that is PPP29.55-35-18. Please do not flash these ROM's if you are not on this security patch currently whether it is by updating OTA or otherwise or on a device not listed. If you do, you may face unexpected results and I will not be able to help you. Flash at your own risk.

How to Flash:

Boot into TWRP and make a full backup first!

1.Place ROM on your external SD card and do a full wipe except external SD Card.
    2.Flash ROM. Magisk is included with my Custom *modified builds and will flash with the ROM. Download the latest magisk manager.apk from the Play Store or XDA to use root features.
    3.Flash DM verity+Force Encrytion disabler patch and if desired, Permissive SEpolicy patcher.
    4.Go back to wipe section of twrp and format data by typing YES when prompted.
    5.Reboot and ENJOY! :D

If a problem arises, I may need you to replicate it and upload a log.

ROM FEATURES:

Root via Magisk with safetynet passing with Magisk Hide.

Su.d Support

Busybox

SQlite Support

Zipaligned

Debloated

TWRP flashable zip

Please download and get back to me with the results. There are TWO VERSIONS for each device, one is a completely untouched and unrooted Stock ROM for new users or those who went too far modding and need to start fresh and the other IS rooted and has the features I listed above. Thank you for testing and your feedback.

Sands207 =)

Download https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1mDl7qc8F1qKUf95z4IWLWcNwMIMXkluC

Donate? Link on my profile
    I think what everyone meant was that its frustrating not knowing how to fix all the bugs themselves, but we all would appreciate someone hitting us all up with some old school xda help with some shiz that seems to be clufin us all up.

either that, or everyone thinks I can go yeet myself off a cliff. Im sure its 100% one of those things. ;)

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Hello! I Have 3 ROM's and 3 flashable permissive kernels for each just about finished and I'm double checking them today for any mistakes before I upload them. The 3 ROM's are as follows: Stock rooted Aljeter updated to the latest security patch that will get my usual treatment. I haven't supported this device before so feedback will be welcomed. The second ROM is Stock rooted Jeter and will be identical to the Aljeter ROM along with the corresponding security patch. The 3rd ROM is based on Android 9 and reflects my personal ROM. Magisk is used for root in all 3. As always I will write updated details in the OP and here also. Thank you for your support and I appreciate any feedback. The OP and links will be updated tonight.

-Sands207

Sent from my moto g(6) play using XDA Labs
    wow. that's crazy!!

I just confirmed that adb is in fact working in Android Q gsi beta 6 but I'm wondering exactly the steps i need to take to build it for jeter. If phh or yan won't help us then maybe we need to take this to the next level. Motorola has been relatively slow in keeping with the gpl and it's putting us at risk to put it lightly

I'm not sure if Google is going to provide any way to build Q in arm32. All I can find from them is arm64 and x86_64.

Edit: There is arm32! You should be able to grab it with android studio. Android Q Beta. Look near the middle of the page. I've included a screenshot.
    @Sands207

I don't know if you're interested but it appears that 64bit is portable from the Moto E5 Plus (Hannah). They're in our device tree too. In fact they're so similar that I believe the E5 Plus firmware could be flashed in fastboot, barring the bootloader and gpt.bin. I don't know if our bootloader will let it start up, but it's definitely coded to accept Moto E5 Plus firmware. (I've been digging in our bootloader lately...) I'm going to try it in a few hours and see how that goes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone