Moto G6 Play [Jeter][Aljeter] JeterPie [ROM] Updated 3.5.2020

Search This thread

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
Nope still a no go fails to mount/unmount /dev/block/platform/soc7824900.sdhci/by-name/userdata at /data: device or resource busy then fails again with same output then extracts system and so on installs everything else and fails to mount data.
Install finishes successful reboot to boot loop hangs at bad key for a while shuts off turns on bad key and repeat....
Never makes it to Android setup screen not even the Moto boot animation only bad key and black screen.... Guess it's time to fire up Ubuntu4kitchen once again and dig thru my converted sparsechunk system IMG add remove debloat mod and build to my likings....
Really just want to get rid of Facebook app app stack
Gadget guardian tidal Uber audible Amazon and all Google apks and replace Google play with fdroid and other open source apks....
Basically a diy copperhead OS... maybe I should just port copperhead to the Moto g6 play
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you are using our old version of twrp. Looking forward to trying your copperhead OS port though! The build is running perfectly on my phone but i had to format data in twrp typing YES, rebooting into recovery and then wiping all except external SD. Once everything flashed, it doesn't throw data errors for the twrp build im on but used to with the old one...I didn't clear anything just rebooted and I'm good to go ?

Last edited:

Chad974

Oct 20, 2018
I have a brick, I have the firmware for my xt***-9 retail jeter. I tried fastboot
Fastboot flash * *.* and I get an error
error cannot open file

I use rsd lite and it recognizes the firmwarw and will extract, but "show device" is greyed out and no device will show.
In "devices and printers" on my windows 10 pc, it shows the device as "fastboot jeter" there.
The phone connects, but it doesnt make that satisfying sound when the usb device properly connects to windows, yall know what im talkin bout :)
It has the same errors on my moto E5 too, which is not a brick, why I mention that.
Im pretty sure its my usb cord, as I cant think of anything else, I reinstalled kbown good drivers for the device and rebooted everything and tried it again.

However, I am often wrong and so if there is something I can try please let me know, im going to buy a new cord after work, but without being able to tinker with my device, the dread boredom will set in.

Thanks!

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Please download minimal adb and fastboot systemwide 15 second installer as well as the device drivers and install them boot into the bootloader connect device to pc then copy and paste these into cmd window one at a time... ( Never not once have I had a issue copying all at one time and right click inside cmd ) only time you will need to press enter is once it gets to fastboot reboot command! I hope this helps you

Fastboot Commands ???

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastbot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

PimpMy5Ton

Jul 23, 2015
I installed this rom following the complete instructions but even though it said it couldn't mount userdata as data I still rebooted and it came up and I went through the setup restoring stuff from my Google cloud backup and it's running perfectly, I'm thinking that the updater-script has the wrong naming for userdata in the script.

Reactions: Sands207

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
I installed this rom following the complete instructions but even though it said it couldn't mount userdata as data I still rebooted and it came up and I went through the setup restoring stuff from my Google cloud backup and it's running perfectly, I'm thinking that the updater-script has the wrong naming for userdata in the script.
I'll take a look and change that. Glad to hear you are up and running!

merx773

Dec 29, 2011
Chicago
Moto G Stylus
Hi all, I just wanted to report that I've been running the ROM for about 2 days now and it's going very well. I've encountered no problems and the battery life is way better than the stock version, even with heavy use.

One thing that I didn't do as per instruction was to format data, as I had previously done so when I rooted and installed TWRP on my stock ROM. I did a normal factory reset and that was the only thing that I had changed in my install process.

Thanks for your efforts! I'm quite pleased with the result on my end.

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
Hi all, I just wanted to report that I've been running the ROM for about 2 days now and it's going very well. I've encountered no problems and the battery life is way better than the stock version, even with heavy use.

One thing that I didn't do as per instruction was to format data, as I had previously done so when I rooted and installed TWRP on my stock ROM. I did a normal factory reset and that was the only thing that I had changed in my install process.

Thanks for your efforts! I'm quite pleased with the result on my end.
Thank you my friend, enjoy! ?

Reactions: PimpMy5Ton

sunriseiscool

Jan 17, 2019
I am using this and it's working for the most part.
USB Debugging is broken for me, it resets on reboot.
It also will not show the "Allow USB Debugging" window when trying to debug from my pc.

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
Moto E (2020)
I am using this and it's working for the most part.
USB Debugging is broken for me, it resets on reboot.
It also will not show the "Allow USB Debugging" window when trying to debug from my pc.

Go to settings > system > advanced > developer options > select "revoke usb debugging authorizations". Make sure usb debugging is enabled, then reconnect your phone to your PC. That should fix you up.

sunriseiscool

Jan 17, 2019
Go to settings > system > advanced > developer options > select "revoke usb debugging authorizations". Make sure usb debugging is enabled, then reconnect your phone to your PC. That should fix you up.

This is what I tried first, but I did not see an option for "revoke usb debugging authorizations"
I believe this is caused from incompatibilities with the firmware. My device was originally RETUS software, and I had flashed it to the latest pie version. Then I flashed this rom + kernel and wiped dalvik and cache.

I would rather keep this rom instead of flashing back, for all the features in this rom and I have already installed most apps I need.

Reactions: whodisname

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
Moto E (2020)
This is what I tried first, but I did not see an option for "revoke usb debugging authorizations"
I believe this is caused from incompatibilities with the firmware. My device was originally RETUS software, and I had flashed it to the latest pie version. Then I flashed this rom + kernel and wiped dalvik and cache.

I would rather keep this rom instead of flashing back, for all the features in this rom and I have already installed most apps I need.

Ahhh! I see. You're probably correct. I've had similar things happen from running RETUS on my virgin mobile variant. You should ask sands, he'd probably be willing to whip one up for RETUS.

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
Ahhh! I see. You're probably correct. I've had similar things happen from running RETUS on my virgin mobile variant. You should ask sands, he'd probably be willing to whip one up for RETUS.
I can make one for RETUS. It will take me a day or two but I'll grab the firmware tonight and get started tomorrow on it.
@sunriseiscool Just want to confirm that the latest pie firmware for RETUS is XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1?

Last edited:

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
I can make one for RETUS. It will take me a day or two but I'll grab the firmware tonight and get started tomorrow on it.
@sunriseiscool Just want to confirm that the latest pie firmware for RETUS is XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1?
It's the firmware with the upload date 2019-07-17. Sorry I ain't been on alot. Got a promotion at work and been helping the g7 play forum and spaceminer on how we can get them rooted. A/b partition on the g7 play is different for some reason and it's been quite a headache ?

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
It's the firmware with the upload date 2019-07-17. Sorry I ain't been on alot. Got a promotion at work and been helping the g7 play forum and spaceminer on how we can get them rooted. A/b partition on the g7 play is different for some reason and it's been quite a headache ?
No problem. I just finished making it and I'm uploading it now. My isp is having issues so it could be up to 12 hours before it finishes lol. I'll post the link here when it does. Congrats on the promotion by the way! ?

Reactions: ninjakira

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
No problem. I just finished making it and I'm uploading it now. My isp is having issues so it could be up to 12 hours before it finishes lol. I'll post the link here when it does. Congrats on the promotion by the way! ?
I'm glad my isp ain't the only one acting up ? I'm with spectrum and have already had to change out my router and modem 4 times this year. Tomorrow will be 5. Screw charter/spectrum. And thank ya kindly it just sucks ass because of certain circumstances and it was kinda just thrown at me but that's life just a 100 mph baseball being thrown at you without a glove ??. I have a day off Friday so I'll flash the xt1922-7 rom you made and try it out and stuff then lol

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
I'm glad my isp ain't the only one acting up I'm with spectrum and have already had to change out my router and modem 4 times this year. Tomorrow will be 5. Screw charter/spectrum. And thank ya kindly it just sucks ass because of certain circumstances and it was kinda just thrown at me but that's life just a 100 mph baseball being thrown at you without a glove . I have a day off Friday so I'll flash the xt1922-7 rom you made and try it out and stuff then lol

Here is the link for the RETUS Jeter Pie Slim ROM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U2AKwac-rUJf7be-bIrNI-x-FPj-9IDw

flashable kernel

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i6nO_goaPpyp5nfjI3zZ2bLmwxZUClr1

I'll add it to the OP once I can confirm everything works.

Please make sure you are using the correct model (XT1922-9) and are on this build before flashing

XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1

Directions are the same as in the OP ?

enjoy!

Report back on any issues you face

Last edited:
Reactions: sunriseiscool

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
If I'm feeling ambitious i might make a ROM for most of the g6 play models, I just need to figure out how many there are and if there is a need for it ? Big thanks to all who have helped test so far!

sunriseiscool

Jan 17, 2019
Here is the link for the RETUS Jeter Pie Slim ROM

REDACTED

flashable kernel

REDACTED

I'll add it to the OP once I can confirm everything works.

Please make sure you are using the correct model (XT1922-9) and are on this build before flashing

XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1

Directions are the same as in the OP ?

enjoy!

Report back on any issues you face

So I'm not sure what happened, but it seems it's flashing the other version?
I flashed the phone back to stock (XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1) and booted and everything
Then I put the rom and kernel zip on SD
Formatted and wiped everything but SD
Flashed rom, booted and then went back to twrp
Tried flashing kernel but it said "Invalid zip format"
Flashed a boot logo
Then booted into android and set everything up
Then I go into settings and it says "US Retail" and everything is the same as the one in OP and usb debugging still not working.
I have no idea why this happened, maybe it's something on my part?

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
So I'm not sure what happened, but it seems it's flashing the other version?
I flashed the phone back to stock (XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_9.0_PPP29.118-17-1) and booted and everything
Then I put the rom and kernel zip on SD
Formatted and wiped everything but SD
Flashed rom, booted and then went back to twrp
Tried flashing kernel but it said "Invalid zip format"
Flashed a boot logo
Then booted into android and set everything up
Then I go into settings and it says "US Retail" and everything is the same as the one in OP and usb debugging still not working.
I have no idea why this happened, maybe it's something on my part?

Try just flashing the ROM as the kernel is included with it but as far as usb debugging I'm going to try to force enable it for you. I'll need to update the ROM to do it so you may need to wait until it finishes uploading which may take a bit. Have you tried using a different cable? I know that sounds trivial but its messed me up before too. I'll double check the rom and kernel and get back to you as soon as i can tonight but I'm glad to hear the ROM flashed ok.

sunriseiscool

Jan 17, 2019
Try just flashing the ROM as the kernel is included with it but as far as usb debugging I'm going to try to force enable it for you. I'll need to update the ROM to do it so you may need to wait until it finishes uploading which may take a bit. Have you tried using a different cable? I know that sounds trivial but its messed me up before too. I'll double check the rom and kernel and get back to you as soon as i can tonight but I'm glad to hear the ROM flashed ok.

I have tried a different cable, it did the same thing.
I enable USB Debugging in Settings and it's enabled.
But when I go to adb or anything that needs permission to connect, it doesn't show the "Allow USB Debugging" window.
There is no revoke usb debugging authorization button either.

Also, the ROM says US Retail in settings but you said it's RETUS so i'm not sure if that's just visual or not.
For now I've flashed back to stock. Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    This ROM is for devices Jeter (Xt1922-7) & *NEW* Aljeter (Xt1922-5) and is based on our most current Pie security patches. For Jeter that is PCP29.118-67 and for Aljeter that is PPP29.55-35-18. Please do not flash these ROM's if you are not on this security patch currently whether it is by updating OTA or otherwise or on a device not listed. If you do, you may face unexpected results and I will not be able to help you. Flash at your own risk.

How to Flash:

Boot into TWRP and make a full backup first!

1.Place ROM on your external SD card and do a full wipe except external SD Card.
    2.Flash ROM. Magisk is included with my Custom *modified builds and will flash with the ROM. Download the latest magisk manager.apk from the Play Store or XDA to use root features.
    3.Flash DM verity+Force Encrytion disabler patch and if desired, Permissive SEpolicy patcher.
    4.Go back to wipe section of twrp and format data by typing YES when prompted.
    5.Reboot and ENJOY! :D

If a problem arises, I may need you to replicate it and upload a log.

ROM FEATURES:

Root via Magisk with safetynet passing with Magisk Hide.

Su.d Support

Busybox

SQlite Support

Zipaligned

Debloated

TWRP flashable zip

Please download and get back to me with the results. There are TWO VERSIONS for each device, one is a completely untouched and unrooted Stock ROM for new users or those who went too far modding and need to start fresh and the other IS rooted and has the features I listed above. Thank you for testing and your feedback.

Sands207 =)

Download https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1mDl7qc8F1qKUf95z4IWLWcNwMIMXkluC

Donate? Link on my profile
    I think what everyone meant was that its frustrating not knowing how to fix all the bugs themselves, but we all would appreciate someone hitting us all up with some old school xda help with some shiz that seems to be clufin us all up.

either that, or everyone thinks I can go yeet myself off a cliff. Im sure its 100% one of those things. ;)

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Hello! I Have 3 ROM's and 3 flashable permissive kernels for each just about finished and I'm double checking them today for any mistakes before I upload them. The 3 ROM's are as follows: Stock rooted Aljeter updated to the latest security patch that will get my usual treatment. I haven't supported this device before so feedback will be welcomed. The second ROM is Stock rooted Jeter and will be identical to the Aljeter ROM along with the corresponding security patch. The 3rd ROM is based on Android 9 and reflects my personal ROM. Magisk is used for root in all 3. As always I will write updated details in the OP and here also. Thank you for your support and I appreciate any feedback. The OP and links will be updated tonight.

-Sands207

Sent from my moto g(6) play using XDA Labs
    wow. that's crazy!!

I just confirmed that adb is in fact working in Android Q gsi beta 6 but I'm wondering exactly the steps i need to take to build it for jeter. If phh or yan won't help us then maybe we need to take this to the next level. Motorola has been relatively slow in keeping with the gpl and it's putting us at risk to put it lightly

I'm not sure if Google is going to provide any way to build Q in arm32. All I can find from them is arm64 and x86_64.

Edit: There is arm32! You should be able to grab it with android studio. Android Q Beta. Look near the middle of the page. I've included a screenshot.
    @Sands207

I don't know if you're interested but it appears that 64bit is portable from the Moto E5 Plus (Hannah). They're in our device tree too. In fact they're so similar that I believe the E5 Plus firmware could be flashed in fastboot, barring the bootloader and gpt.bin. I don't know if our bootloader will let it start up, but it's definitely coded to accept Moto E5 Plus firmware. (I've been digging in our bootloader lately...) I'm going to try it in a few hours and see how that goes.