Moto G6 turns on, but shows nothing but a black screen

Search This thread

GaburieruDesu

Feb 2, 2019
Hello, members. I come here to ask your help because i haven't found any solution for it anywhere on the internet. This is what happened: some days go (around a week or two) i updated my security patch to the last one released by Motorola and the phone was OK, pretty much the same. Then around five to six days ago the problem started: my phone started going off even with full battery, and so i had to hold high volume key + power key for the phone to boot again (this happened twice and was "solved" by the time) and so the headache started. Around four days ago i went to sleep and left my phone charging, then when i woke up some hours later it was completely off, showing nothing on the screen, then i removed the charger and turned it on, and for my surprise the phone booted saying Hello Moto, vibrating and all but the screen showed absolutely nothing but a black/grey screen, not even the boot logo was shown. Once the phone started i noticed the screen touch is working for turning on the flashlight, receiving or rejecting calls and all, but it is completely dark. I have already tried lighting up a flashlight in front of its light sensor to see if the ambient display was active, but it is not. I have also tried turning it on by holding low volume key + power for a lot of seconds and it resulted in no changes. I have tried turning it on by holding high volume key + power key, and even low + high + power keys simultaneously for tons of seconds and NADA. I'm completely desperated because i have found no solutions for it at all anywhere. My phone has not fallen to the ground and neither got watered, so i don't know what the **** has happened to it. It got like this completely out of a sudden, no one even touched it. :(

galaxys2ci

Sep 11, 2018
I had the same issue with my moto g6 and it happened a few days ago. i unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone and then installed some apps . it happened 2 times. First time happened i solved it. While it was charging screen went black and nothing appeared on screen but phone was working . i called from another phone and it was ringing. I thought an app was causing this issue so i uninstalled some apps that i installed when i got the phone. I turned it off and waited for a while to cool down ( i thought it was heated from over charging ). When i turned on it was ok everything came back. Week later it did the same issue but this time it was completely gone. I removed back cover to check battery . I disconnected the battery and then connected again , turned on the phone , screen was going on and off. After turning it on it stayed around 10 min. and then again everything gone. People who had similar issue are saying hard reset or fastboot mode etc. but nothing appears on screen so how can i do hard reset when i do not see anything on screen. Right now it is unusable . I cannot do nothing with the phone. :(

Alanh1

Aug 7, 2020
I fixed this problem on my G6+

The screen went black after the phone being in the hot sun for a while. I believe the problem was due to a poor connection to the screen because when I pressed hard at the very bottom of the screen the display flickered on. I then pressed very hard at several points along the bottom of the screen and the screen then started working constantly again. Not really a proper fix but I now have a working display again.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

The screen went black after the phone being in the hot sun for a while. I believe the problem was due to a poor connection to the screen because when I pressed hard at the very bottom of the screen the display flickered on. I then pressed very hard at several points along the bottom of the screen and the screen then started working constantly again. Not really a proper fix but I now have a working display again.

Last edited: