Question Moto G60 not starting & Flashing Locked

Search This thread

Tomek2424

Apr 10, 2022
Moto G40 / G60
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted. Oswald Boelcke}
he is legit? i wanna repair my moto g60, and i contacted with him, he want 50-70 usd, that will be dont scam?

Last edited by a moderator:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Did anyone found solution about how to make phone alive? Loosing hope😢
Did you try bringing the phone to a repair service center? I'm afraid that might be the only way to fix this.

To prevent it, just don't relock the bootloader until the OEM Unlocking option is ON. But if you already did lock the bootloader...I don't think there's another way right now, other than the service center. If I find out more, I'll let you know. But so far...this seems to be the only way.

milan.vyas7

Aug 22, 2022
Did you try bringing the phone to a repair service center? I'm afraid that might be the only way to fix this.

To prevent it, just don't relock the bootloader until the OEM Unlocking option is ON. But if you already did lock the bootloader...I don't think there's another way right now, other than the service center. If I find out more, I'll let you know. But so far...this seems to be the only way.
I visited the service center yesterday, and they informed me that nothing can be done from software side. The only option is a motherboard replacement, which will cost the same as a new phone. 😰

I have seen below video on YouTube. He is fixing Moto G60 having same issue as mine. I have contacted him to fix, hoping for the best.

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
我昨天去了服务中心,他们告诉我,从软件方面什么都做不了。唯一的选择是更换主板,其成本与新手机相同。😰

我在 YouTube 上看过下面的视频。他正在修复与我的问题相同的 Moto G60。我已经联系他修复,希望最好。

[媒体=youtube]PKuzi4TTupE[/媒体]
This looks a bit like how I saved the black brick after I failed to flash aosp13 last time
I visited the service center yesterday, and they informed me that nothing can be done from software side. The only option is a motherboard replacement, which will cost the same as a new phone. 😰

I have seen below video on YouTube. He is fixing Moto G60 having same issue as mine. I have contacted him to fix, hoping for the best.

This looks a bit like how I saved the black brick after I failed to flash aosp13 last time

Tomek2424

Apr 10, 2022
Moto G40 / G60
Odwiedziłem wczoraj serwis i poinformowali mnie, że od strony oprogramowania nic się nie da zrobić. Jedyną opcją jest wymiana płyty głównej, która będzie kosztować tyle samo, co nowy telefon.😰

Widziałem poniżej wideo na YouTube. Naprawia Moto G60, który ma ten sam problem, co mój. Skontaktowałem się z nim, aby naprawić, mając nadzieję na najlepsze.

did you repair phone?

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Which custom ROMs did you guys try before flashing stock? Also, did your use LMSA to restore stock ROM?
That error seems to appear when you try to lock the bootloader on a custom ROM. So if this was the stock ROM, in guessing something must have remained from the previous installations.

piyushkr03

Nov 4, 2022
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
Thankyou so much Antony. It really worked after, I had lost all my hopes.

Others should contact him, he was able to fix my phone within minutes.
Just download Team viewer and latest firmware on your PC, and he will take care of the rest.

It's Amazing

milan.vyas7

Aug 22, 2022
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
Hello All,

My Phone become alive and all because of Antony.
Everyone who has same issue, download latest ROM of your phone and give TeamViewer to him and sit back & relax.

Thanks once again bro..!!

Ahmed.ragab

Oct 18, 2012
Cairo
Here is the output.

C:\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot boot twrp-3.6.2_12.1-0-hanoip-20220808-0701.img
Sending 'boot.img' (36600 KB) OKAY [ 0.792s]
Booting (bootloader) Fastboot boot command is not available in locked device
FAILED (remote: '')
fastboot: error: Command failed
Hello Milan,

Did you manage to fix this issue cause I have the same issue for my Motorola edge 20 pro.

Pixel<3

Nov 6, 2022
Did you boot the phone to make sure everything's ok before locking the bootloader?
I see a lot of people with this issue. Locking the bootloader should be the absolute last step you do. After you make sure everything works fine.

The problem is you don't have USB debugging on anymore, so no adb. Bootloader is locked, and you've got no access to the OS, so you can't either enable or disable OEM unlocking.

I'll look around to see if there's any way to fix this at home. But I'm afraid the only way might be to bring the phone to a repair center.
What should one do to safely lock the bootloader after flashing stock rom so the phone boots even after locking the bootloader?

To avoid the "No Valid Operating System could be Found. The device will not boot." screen.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
What should one do to safely lock the bootloader after flashing stock rom so the phone boots even after locking the bootloader?

To avoid the "No Valid Operating System could be Found. The device will not boot." screen.
Well, make sure you flash everything. Preferably from LMSA. But if you're on Mac for example, I've had success flashing with a custom script. The idea is to flash everything you need to flash. :)

After that, reboot to bootloader, enter recovery, make sure it is indeed the STOCK recovery, and do a wipe data/factory reset.
Reboot to system and make sure it works.
Reboot to bootloader and lock the bootloader using this command:
fastboot oem lock.

After that, before going into system, go into recovery, and do one more wipe data/factory reset. Just in case.
Then reboot to system.

Hope it works for you. So far, I did this twice on the G60 (and multiple times on other devices) and it worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I'm not sure you can fix it without using the JTAG...

By the way, which Android version did you install before reaching this state?
    In this case he was on android 12 and tried to downgrade to 11, but in doing so he also blocked the bootloader and in that the system no longer allows to rewrite the rom
    In this case he was on android 12 and tried to downgrade to 11, but in doing so he also blocked the bootloader and in that the system no longer allows to rewrite the rom
    Weird... I thought going back from 13 to 12 is gonna be a challenge. But one thing is for sure: before locking the bootloader, the OEM Unlocking option needs to be ON. If it's not, better not lock.
    Weird... I thought going back from 13 to 12 is gonna be a challenge. But one thing is for sure: before locking the bootloader, the OEM Unlocking option needs to be ON. If it's not, better not lock.
    I'll explain more or less what happens, the bootloader was unlocked and it went back from 12 to 11, in that when turning on the device there was no option to allow oem unlock because it was already unlocked, it returned the message "O bootloader is already unlocked" in that he went to try to lock it, and when he turned it on, he had the problem of No valid operating system found, and when trying to flash the rom it gave flash denied and when trying to unlock the bootloader he told him to turn on the device and enable oem unlocking being impossible to do this since the device does not start, and with it there is no way to start by twrp or do anything at all
    So, to summarise the video:
    1. phone says flashing_locked
    flashing fails, phone fails to boot
    2. magic happens in the background
    3. phone now says oem_locked
    flashing succeeds.
    4. all good

Tool used in the video: https://www.ligtelgsm.com.br/downloads/class/index.php?p=file&idprog=9150

Not sure it's all about the tool though.

Also, it seems to make a difference whether it's flashing_locked or oem_locked.

I'm just wondering, has everyone with this issue used fastboot flashing lock instead of fastboot oem lock to lock their bootloader?

I managed to change my status from flashing_locked to oem_locked, but I still can't flash. About the tool used in the video (Android Tool) I have it, but I couldn't solve my problem using it.