• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto G7 XT1962-1 VoLTE issue

Search This thread

kr4t0s_

Aug 13, 2021
Bought a moto g7 phone in US and brought it to India. Jio VoLTE is not supported so using JioCall application. Now looking for alternatives. *#*#4636#*#* shows IMS status as not registered. Jio and Moto customer care executives said they can't do anything since the device is from US. Is there a way to change the IMS status?

When SIM is inserted into OnePlus 6T purchased in India itself VoLTE works fine. It is surely device compatibility issue. Can anybody please suggest a way to make the phone support Jio VoLTE? I'm even ok to root and flash it with any suggested custom ROM.

Jio VoLTE works fine on Moto G7 XT1962-6 is what I've heard. Is it possible to convert my XT1962-1 to XT1962-6 using any custom ROM or any other workaround?

Last edited:

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
Bought a moto g7 phone in US and brought it to India. Jio VoLTE is not supported so using JioCall application. Now looking for alternatives. *#*#4636#*#* shows IMS status as not registered. Jio and Moto customer care executives said they can't do anything since the device is from US. Is there a way to change the IMS status?

When SIM is inserted into OnePlus 6T purchased in India itself VoLTE works fine. It is surely device compatibility issue. Can anybody please suggest a way to make the phone support Jio VoLTE? I'm even ok to root and flash it with any suggested custom ROM.

Jio VoLTE works fine on Moto G7 XT1962-6 is what I've heard. Is it possible to convert my XT1962-1 to XT1962-6 using any custom ROM or any other workaround?
Did you find he solution ?