• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Moto G8 Plus (XT2019-2 retbr) can't start, only fastboot mode

Search This thread

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Dude, this happened to me some time ago too, What I did was update phone with OTA until it fixed itself. My phone was stock but with bootloader relocked. That's a nightmare. If your phone Says your system integrity is compromised, let it on for 7 days and it will let you update. If not, keep trying

JonatHacker

Feb 10, 2021
I opened my phone, put it in "EDL Mode" and applied "blankflash_doha_QPI30.28-Q3-28-26", which is successfully flashed, but my phone is BRICKED (it doesn't start and it also doesn't give a signal); the same for "blankflash_from_PPI29.65-37".

When I use "blankflash_doha_QPI30.28-Q3-28-26" the phone starts up on the Fastboot screen, but it is not possible to flash Android 10 or Android 9: I get the same message as before (for all commands entered):

(bootloader) flash permission denied
(bootloader) Cancelling 'gpt.default.xml'
FAILED (remote: '')

fastboot: error: Command failed

Could someone help me, please?

Hello my friend I have the same problem almost 6 months. This happened when I Lock my bootloader with the commands "fastboot OEM lock" just after I wiped Data y cache partition from the recovery mode. when I Turn on I got the message "your device is corrupt..." I can't find a method to repair that. I tryed several methods even flashing the last "boot.img" with the same system, my getvar say I Have RETLA. but don't works. Also try the complicated famous blankflash with EDL mode with Test Point with the driver Qualcomm.

I noticed when I run the last blankflash I get successfully flashed but don't works because The phone start with the same problem. And when I flash the others old versions of blankflash I got total Phone Dead black screen and don't start and don't charge. To come back to normal fastboot mode screen I have to run the last blankflash version. But i still have the problem. my device have the screen saying "FLASHING_LOCKED" I think this is the unique reason that the phone don't let any flash command to install a new system image.
I Have Fastboot with this description:

-BL: MBM 3.0-doha_retail-7326ad2e6a-200807
-Baseband: <not found>
-XT2019-2
-Console: [NULL]: null
-flashing_locked

Tecnostein

Jan 11, 2021
Hello my friend I have the same problem almost 6 months. This happened when I Lock my bootloader with the commands "fastboot OEM lock" just after I wiped Data y cache partition from the recovery mode. when I Turn on I got the message "your device is corrupt..." I can't find a method to repair that. I tryed several methods even flashing the last "boot.img" with the same system, my getvar say I Have RETLA. but don't works. Also try the complicated famous blankflash with EDL mode with Test Point with the driver Qualcomm.

I noticed when I run the last blankflash I get successfully flashed but don't works because The phone start with the same problem. And when I flash the others old versions of blankflash I got total Phone Dead black screen and don't start and don't charge. To come back to normal fastboot mode screen I have to run the last blankflash version. But i still have the problem. my device have the screen saying "FLASHING_LOCKED" I think this is the unique reason that the phone don't let any flash command to install a new system image.

-XT2019-2
-flashing_locked
Try to unlock with this instructions:
And then, you install the ROM.

JonatHacker

Feb 10, 2021
Try to unlock with this instructions:
And then, you install the ROM.

Hello friend. I tryed unlock the bootloader with this process but I can't do it because I don't have "Developer options - OEM Unlock" activated. Due to Unfortunately I Wiped Data and cache partition before I lock the bootloader.

So in conclusion I don't have developer options activated and my phone doesn't boot to activated with normally.

I think maybe a blankflash could repair my fastboot and change the legend "flashing_locked" to oem_locked or flashing_unlocked

I actually have the phone opened to try other methods and blankflash than require EDL mode with test point in motherboard.

this is so frustrating I can't sleep since July 2020.

in adb console the unique command run without restrictions is "fastboot boot boot.img" but I tryed a lot o them images without success.

if someone Knows how repair o a solution please help me.

Tecnostein

Jan 11, 2021
Hello friend. I tryed unlock the bootloader with this process but I can't do it because I don't have "Developer options - OEM Unlock" activated. Due to Unfortunately I Wiped Data and cache partition before I lock the bootloader.

So in conclusion I don't have developer options activated and my phone doesn't boot to activated with normally.

I think maybe a blankflash could repair my fastboot and change the legend "flashing_locked" to oem_locked or flashing_unlocked

I actually have the phone opened to try other methods and blankflash than require EDL mode with test point in motherboard.

in adb console the unique command run without restrictions is "fastboot boot boot.img" but I tryed a lot o them images without success.

I had legend "flashing_locked". I tried unlocked and I couldn't. I found many ROMs with my compilation and one day I found the correct compilation, I installed it and it worked. Then I unlocked OEM on developer options and unlocket OEM in fastboot mode.
Find many ROMs and try again.

w4rh4ck3r

Jul 26, 2016
Fernandópolis

-XT2019-2
-flashing_locked

Same thing with my phone !

w4rh4ck3r

Jul 26, 2016
Fernandópolis

Also, same thing with my phone !

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Does anyone have the controls for the moto g 8 xt2045-1 to flash the stock rom?
Use either LMSA: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa or flash it yourself using
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/rav/official/ (Use your carrier)

And these commands:

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.11
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.12
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.13
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.14
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash erase userdata
fastboot flash erase ddr
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

To flash manually you'll also need Fastboot tools:

Reactions: BrenoSilva1997
May 19, 2021
Oi w4rh4ck3r

Eu tenho o mesmo problema que aconteceu comigo eu fui trancar

o celular de novo agora eu recebo a mesma mensagem eu

sou brasileiro também, parece que a gente tem que esperar pela atualização do Android 11 para o nosso celular se você tiver alguma solução por favor compartilhe

May 19, 2021
Hi w4rh4ck3r

I have the same problem happened to me I went to lock the cell phone again now I get the same message

I'm Brazilian too, it seems that we have to wait for the android 11 update for our cell phone

if you have any solution please share

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (forgive my bad english by G-translator...)

My "G8 Plus XT2019-2 retbr" can't start (only fastboot mode), does not boot/recovery mode.
    Before that, everything worked correctly with bootloader unlocked and Magisk installed, after bricked, I relocked bootloader - now shows "flashing_locked" on the fastboot screen, it is no longer possible to unlock the bootloader!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Lenovo "Rescue and Smart Assistant 5.4.0.18" recognizes my device as "Current version: QPIS30.28_Q3_28_26" and downloaded the FW:

"DOHA_QPIS30.28_Q3_28_26_1_subsidy_DEFAULT_regulatory_DEFAULT_CFC.xml", but when trying to recover, the progress bar reaches 50%, and then I get the

"Fastboot Flash Single Partition - Flash failed. Please try again."
    2) When I turn off the device connected to the RSA, and click the "Rescue Now" button, "Power-off Mode" tab and "OK" button, so I choose:
    "MOTO Phone" > "Moto G Plus (8th Gen)" > "XT2019-2", and click on "Read current device", I see
    "Targuet firmware: DOHA_QPIS30.28_Q3_28_26_1_subsid... (2,0 GB)"
    But when I click on "Rescue now", I get the same message as before;
    3) "blankflash_doha_QPI30.28-Q3-28-26" not work, just show "< waiting for device >";
    4) Motorola "RSD Lite v6.2.4" recognized as
    "Model = Fastboot dhoa S" > "IMEI / ESN / MEID = N/A" > "Status = Connected",
    and "Device Properties" ALL "N/A",
    so I choose the flashfile.xml file from the same fw mentioned above, and when I click "Start", I get:
    "Status = The phone failed to switch to fastboot mode." > "Result = FAIL"
    5) When I try to install FW with the same commands I used successfully earlier, I get the message below:

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    Sending 'partition' (37 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
    Writing 'partition' (bootloader) Validating 'gpt.default.xml'

(bootloader) flash permission denied
    (bootloader) Cancelling 'gpt.default.xml'
    FAILED (remote: '')
    fastboot: error: Command failed

These "(bootloader) Canceling ..." / "FAILED (remote: '')" / "error: Command failed" messages are repeated for all other commands when trying to restore the FW.
    6) After trying many times, I sent the device to Motorola authorized service in Brazil, but they also failed to recover my device,
    and transferred the blame to me, for having unlocked the bootloader ...

I don't know what else to try:cry:: could someone help me, please ?
    RSD lite doesn't work with anything higher than Windows 7
    If you relocked the bootloader, and Lmsa doesn't work it's very unlikely that there is any fix.
    Does anyone have the controls for the moto g 8 xt2045-1 to flash the stock rom?
    Use either LMSA: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa or flash it yourself using
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/rav/official/ (Use your carrier)

And these commands:

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.1