• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto G9 Play Brick?

Search This thread

sergiosan23

Aug 22, 2021
Well what happens is that recently my moto g9 play was updated to the version of android 11 but it turns out that with the passage of a few days it began to present some failures and I started to read a bit and several users had similar problems, apparently my best option was to "downgrade" to android 10, look in some forums for some guides and supposedly everything was correct.
I was testing the installation of android 10 a bit and it seemed that the problems had been solved it was not until I restarted the phone and then "no valid operating system could be found. the device will not boot" then try to "repair using Rescue and Smart Assistant" but at 50 % just get error but after that the mobile just stuck on green android and under says "AP fastboot FLash mode (secure)"

PD- when i try to flash stock firmware fastboot commands just get me access denied something like this

writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) Validating 'gpt.default.xml'
(bootloader) flash permission denied
(bootloader) Cancelling 'gpt.default.xml'
FAILED (remote failure)

there is a possible solution? :S noob here a lot

EDIT: forget mention that i can't enter to SO to enable oem unlock

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021
I'm in the same situation, I think we need to wait for someone to do a blank-flash. I can't log in either and it asks me to enable OEM Unlocking. If you or I find a solution we can communicate here. :)

Jul 24, 2021
Estoy igual no he encontrado una solución
I think I have seen something, it has been uploaded to lolinet recently, I don't know if it is useful for you.
I haven't tried it because I don't have tools to open my phone, but try it and maybe it will work for you.

1638069789275.png

Teyzen18

Apr 28, 2020
Creo que he visto algo, se ha subido a lolinet recientemente, no sé si es útil para ti.
No lo he probado porque no tengo herramientas para abrir mi teléfono, pero pruébalo y tal vez funcione para ti.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/guamp/blankflash/blankflash_guamp_RPX31.Q2-58-16.zip [/ UR
Creo que he visto algo, se ha subido a lolinet recientemente, no sé si es útil para ti.
No lo he probado porque no tengo herramientas para abrir mi teléfono, pero pruébalo y tal vez funcione para ti.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/guamp/blankflash/blankflash_guamp_RPX31.Q2-58-16.zip [/ URL]

View attachment 5469381
Solo me sigue diciendo flash_locked cuando se reinicia en fastboot y me sigue denegando los permisos

Teyzen18

Apr 28, 2020
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/guamp/blankflash/blankflash_guamp_RPX31.Q2-58-16.zip [/ URL]

View attachment 5469381
Crees que no se hacerlo??

Jul 24, 2021
que es lo que deberiaa hacer el flash en blanco?, por que una ves lo ejecuto reinicia en fastboot pero sigue diciendo flashing_locked
Actually, you must open the phone completely
After that, you will have to find the correct points which are called "test points" in order to enter EDL mode.
After that, it's basically putting the Windows in test mode.
With the 2 test points already found, you should press them with tweezers and on the PC, it should detect something that says "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader".
Now you just need to flash the blankflash.

Maybe, this video is good for you, it is for another model, but use the blankflash of your phone model:

Teyzen18

Apr 28, 2020
En realidad, debes abrir el teléfono por completo.
Después de eso, tendrá que encontrar los puntos correctos que se denominan "puntos de prueba" para ingresar al modo EDL.
Después de eso, básicamente está poniendo Windows en modo de prueba.
Con los 2 puntos de prueba ya encontrados, debe presionarlos con pinzas y en la PC, debe detectar algo que diga "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader".
Ahora solo necesita flashear el flash en blanco.

Tal vez, este video sea bueno para ti, es para otro modelo, pero usa el flash en blanco del modelo de tu teléfono:
[MEDIA = youtube] IBeQj5U9TRQ: 1003 [/ MEDIA
Ya lo intente no hace absolutamente nada además de reiniciarse en fastboot y no déjarme flashear firmware