Moto G9 Play Gcam - Rootless

Search This thread

clausbh

Jul 23, 2010
Brazil
This version of NGCAM (Nikita Gcam 2.0) works well on the G9 Play without root. Quality of the photos are incredible.
Installl the attached gcam, then download the xml and save it in the folder \gcam\Configs7\
The camera2.api is enabled by default on the G9 Play.
To avoid green photos, the Google AWB parameter must always be set to "Enable".

Updated!
New xml! Changelog:
- Slow motion fix.
- Improvements in night vision quality. see the comparative photos attached between the native camera and Gcam.

New XML 22/01/2021

Macro camera color and quality improvement!

please compare the macro photos of the balloons below, first native macro cam and second gcam with new XML

(Only for G9 Play)

Sorry for my bad English. I'm Brazilian.

Attachments

• NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk
    129.7 MB · Views: 525
  • Moto G9 Play III full.xml
    26.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20210122_195632564_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210122_195632564_HDR.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20210122_195529.jpg
    IMG_20210122_195529.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

kvill008

Apr 18, 2012
This version of GCAM works well on the G9 Play without root. Quality of the photos are incredible.
Installl the attached gcam, then download the xml and save it in the folder \gcam\Configs7\

Sorry for my bad English.
Do you have samples and does night sight and astrophotography work?

abiskar

Jul 3, 2017
This version of GCAM works well on the G9 Play without root. Quality of the photos are incredible.

Really works !
But how dis you find xml file? Did you make it by yourself ??

Reactions: clausbh

angemon10

Dec 30, 2010
Serbia
Thank you very much.
My good friend has g9 play. He bought phone at the Halloween sale.
I tried various GCam apps. Always something ddn't work, and so many of them produced green photos :/.

I tried yours when you posted it and it's great :cool:. Now I see you posted new xml. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: clausbh

clausbh

Jul 23, 2010
Brazil
Thank you very much.
I tried various GCam apps. Always something ddn't work, and so many of them produced green photos :/.

I tried yours when you posted it and it's great :cool:. Now I see you posted new xml. Keep up the good work!
Thank You for your feedback!😊

k.stahanov73

Jan 1, 2019
This version of NGCAM (Nikita Gcam 2.0) works well on the G9 Play without root. Quality of the photos are incredible.

Updated!
New xml! Changelog:
- Slow motion fix.
- Improvements in night vision quality. see the comparative photos attached between the native camera and Gcam.

New XML 22/01/2021

please compare the macro photos of the balloons below, first native macro cam and second gcam with new XML

(Only for G9 Play)

Good afternoon! I don't understand how to add a configuration file. Do I need to create these folders on the internal memory and just attach the configuration file to them? On my internal memory, the camera itself created a folder with the name With a capital letter! Can you create a folder in it or do you need to create it yourself with a name with a small letter? I'm confused ... help me please!

clausbh

Jul 23, 2010
Brazil
Good afternoon! I don't understand how to add a configuration file. Do I need to create these folders on the internal memory and just attach the configuration file to them? On my internal memory, the camera itself created a folder with the name With a capital letter! Can you create a folder in it or do you need to create it yourself with a name with a small letter? I'm confused ... help me please!
No, you can use the folder created by app. Move the xml file in the folder; see the attached image; at the location indicated with the arrow, double-tap to open the option to restore the desired xml. Is that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-194640-230.png
    Screenshot_20210203-194640-230.png
    730.1 KB · Views: 79

rogue.bot

Mar 4, 2021
No, you can use the folder created by app. Move the xml file in the folder; see the attached image; at the location indicated with the arrow, double-tap to open the option to restore the desired xml. Is that.
Hí!, I was able to load the .xml file into my moto g9 play but my photos with night mode are extremely dark, they seem to be sharper compared to the stock camera but still, I wasen´t able to replicate your results.

Any ideas how I can improve it?

gcam - normal mode

Gcam - normal mode
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_20210304_005344.jpg

Gcam - night mode
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rogue.bot

Mar 4, 2021
Hí!, I was able to load the .xml file into my moto g9 play but my photos with night mode are extremely dark, they seem to be sharper compared to the stock camera but still, I wasen´t able to replicate your results.

Any ideas how I can improve it?

View attachment 5239313
Gcam - normal mode

View attachment 5239315
Gcam - night mode
Edit 1 - I made it work, the issue was the config file (.xml), y tryed out a few and got way better results

DamiiiKPo

Aug 28, 2017
Edit 1 - I made it work, the issue was the config file (.xml), y tryed out a few and got way better results
Hey! Could you post some pics of the normal cam vs the Gcam/night mode now that you fixed it? I'm looking to buy this phone and if Gcam works decently it'd be better. Oh and also the .xml if that may help any other user. Thanks! :)

rogue.bot

Mar 4, 2021
Hey! Could you post some pics of the normal cam vs the Gcam/night mode now that you fixed it? I'm looking to buy this phone and if Gcam works decently it'd be better. Oh and also the .xml if that may help any other user. Thanks! :)
Yes, sure. Here you have

I´ve added a .7z file with more images an detailed names for each one, there is an example.

*Photos have been taken in an almost pitch dark room (the only source of light was a monitor with a dark background) from a tripod.

Stock nightmode
stock_nightmode_pitchblak.jpg

-----------------low cost bar-----------------

Gcam nightmode (with my custom config)
gcam_nightmode_pitchblack.jpg

Gcam astrophotography @ 3:50min
gcam_astrophotography_pitchblack.jpg

Link to the rest of the pictures:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Updated!
    New xml! Changelog:
    - Slow motion fix.

New XML 22/01/2021

(Only for G9 Play)

Here are some sample photos with Gcam

Really works !
    But how dis you find xml file? Did you make it by yourself ??
    Thank you very much.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone