[Moto MAXX XT1225 / Droid Turbo XT1254][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0

Search This thread

RLShiftyDoggit

Oct 24, 2011
Washington state
@Skrilax_CZ I've been having issues w dailer to where I'll make a call and it will immediately end only fix is rebooting and for some reason es file explorer or any other file manager won't let me move stuff via otg cable it says invalid operation idk if its because of permissions or what but I need a fix to this and chop chop still doesn't work anyone have some damn fixes here I'm trying to theme twrp as well and it won't allow me to make the theme folder inside twrp folder even w root

Gambler_BE

Feb 6, 2010
Guys relax. It's not like he's holding stuff back on purpose, he's not an American phone carrier :p
Seriously though, I'm sure he'll bring out a new version once he feels like it's actually ready to be released, and he's been able to fix the things he wants to fix.

Reactions: jdl512

Stanislav2000

Mar 10, 2016
Would this work for Verizon Droid Turbo 2?

I had a Nexus 6, dropped it on the concrete, really really hard. Now I'm stuck with this Droid Turbo 2 from Verizon and was wondering if I could get my beloved CM.

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
I had a Nexus 6, dropped it on the concrete, really really hard. Now I'm stuck with this Droid Turbo 2 from Verizon and was wondering if I could get my beloved CM.

Nope. The Turbo 2 is locked down harder than the gold in fort Knox.
With the turbo 2 your stuck. I reccomend selling it and getting another nexus 6 or an Original Droid Turbo

Reactions: Stanislav2000

Stanislav2000

Mar 10, 2016
Nope. The Turbo 2 is locked down harder than the gold in fort Knox.
With the turbo 2 your stuck. I reccomend selling it and getting another nexus 6 or an Original Droid Turbo

Well that sucks, I still have the Nexus 6 sitting right here on my desk actually, I just need to buy a digitizer as well as screen, then I could try repairing it. Thanks!

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
Sometimes, when I'm playing a game, the screen freezes and I have to touch the multitasking buttom then get back to the game so it unfreezes. When this happens, the sound continues to play and the game doesn't actually stop. It's kinda frustrating, specially if you're trying to beat a hard level or something else...

RLShiftyDoggit

Oct 24, 2011
Washington state
Sometimes, when I'm playing a game, the screen freezes and I have to touch the multitasking buttom then get back to the game so it unfreezes. When this happens, the sound continues to play and the game doesn't actually stop. It's kinda frustrating, specially if you're trying to beat a hard level or something else...

That's not the phones fault nor the ROM dude that can happen w any device any os its just lag make sure you have good enough storage reboot the phone hell clear cache via twrp should help

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
That's not the phones fault nor the ROM dude that can happen w any device any os its just lag make sure you have good enough storage reboot the phone hell clear cache via twrp should help

No... that's not rom's fault. Never happened to me on CM12.1 neither on stock. It happens kinda often on CM13, it's not lag (I know what lag is), and I have a lot of storage and RAM available and even light games are affected. It's definitely a bug.
Happened all the three times I've flashed this rom, even after a full wipe and no modifications. Maybe you just don't play games enough to see it happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: emi.guego

MazinDLX

Oct 20, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
I noticed the glitchy/laggy behavior at times, I'm a heavy gamer and this doesn't happen on 12.1

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I've got about 17 GB of games installed and it runs like a dream on CM 12.1.. But cm 13 and RR have some weird laggy issues for me

Reactions: fndpena

RLShiftyDoggit

Oct 24, 2011
Washington state
No... that's not rom's fault. Never happened to me on CM12.1 neither on stock. It happens kinda often on CM13, it's not lag (I know what lag is), and I have a lot of storage and RAM available and even light games are affected. It's definitely a bug.
Happened all the three times I've flashed this rom, even after a full wipe and no modifications. Maybe you just don't play games enough to see it happening.

I play games all the damn time all the gtas so and no it isn't the ROMs fault it can happen w any ROM stock or not like I said wipe cache all the lag is the loading between the memory and RAM all it is a clog up on your memory so it takes a lil while longer make sure your not using a crap load of memory kill all other processes then load the game lag happens man before you go blaming on the ROM you should learn a bit on how games work rendering etc lag can be due to loading

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I noticed the glitchy/laggy behavior at times, I'm a heavy gamer and this doesn't happen on 12.1

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I've got about 17 GB of games installed and it runs like a dream on CM 12.1.. But cm 13 and RR have some weird laggy issues for me

Not having any issues on cm 13 runs GTA 3 vc and sa easy and beautifully also my boy and my old boy emulators

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
I play games all the damn time all the gtas so and no it isn't the ROMs fault it can happen w any ROM stock or not like I said wipe cache all the lag is the loading between the memory and RAM all it is a clog up on your memory so it takes a lil while longer make sure your not using a crap load of memory kill all other processes then load the game lag happens man before you go blaming on the ROM you should learn a bit on how games work rendering etc lag can be due to loading

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Not having any issues on cm 13 runs GTA 3 vc and sa easy and beautifully also my boy and my old boy emulators

Maybe it's not happening with all the games after all, but the bug is real... I know how games/rendering works and I can say for sure it's not lag, I'm a heavy user, not just someone blaming about something without being sure, don't judge so fast.

Reactions: emi.guego

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is CM13.0 (Lollipop, Android 6.0.1) firmware for Moto MAXX XT1225 and Droid Turbo XT1254. It's an official build.

Maintainers: Skrilax_CZ
    Credits: CyanogenMod Team

Disclaimer

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Known bugs
    • Wake by voice support not tested and has unknown status
    • VoLTE is not supported on Verizon

Source
    Device: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_quark
    Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_apq8084

Unlocked bootloader required!
    Flash over latest Lollipop or Marshmallow stock SW or flash the following packages to update bootloader & radio (do not downgrade them)!

Radio & Bootloader packages
    XT1225 6.0.1 RETBR (MPG24.107-70.2): http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm13quark/QUARK_RETBR_601_RADIO_AND_BOOTLOADER_PACKAGE.zip
    XT1225 6.0.1 RETEU INDIA (MPG24.107-70.2): http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm13quark/QUARK_RETEU_601_RADIO_AND_BOOTLOADER_PACKAGE.zip
    ========================================================================================================================
    XT1250 5.0.2 LRA (LXG22.33-12.27): http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm12quark/QUARK_LRA_502_RADIO_AND_BOOTLOADER_PACKAGE.zip
    ========================================================================================================================
    XT1254 5.1 VERIZON (SU4TL-44_44): http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm12quark/QUARK_VRZ_511_SU4_RADIO_AND_BOOTLOADER_PACKAGE.zip

Flash steps after you extract the zip:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot flash motoboot bootloader.img
    mfastboot flash radio radio.img

Crossflashing & Configuration Override
    You can crossflash radio image for a different variant of the phone, but the automated setup will not pick it up. Thus you'll need to manually override it through fastboot:
    Code:
    To enable autodetection:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id ""
    ----------------------------------------
    Moto Turbo XT1225:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id emea
    Moto MAXX XT1225:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id singlela
    Moto MAXX XT1250:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id lra
    Moto MAXX XT1250 - but set as GSM phone:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id lra_gsm
    Droid TURBO XT1254:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id verizon
    Droid TURBO XT1254 - but set as GSM phone:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id verizon_gsm

Download
    ROM & Recovery: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=quark
    GAPPS: http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0
    Added a new build to OP. It is based on MM blobs (all shims removed). Goes back from Snap camera to standard camera, since Snap camera is unstable. It appears we needed only a little amount of kernel changes to get the new blobs up.

From what I've noticed, 3D rendering is fixed, flashlight is fixed. If it goes well, I'll switch the nightlies to CM13. At which point I'll make CM-12.1 EOL, with one more stable build with the latest fixes that were made after the latest stable build.
    CM-13.0 is now official, first build should be ready within 24 hours.
    I usually start porting when CM14 official nightlies start. CM14 is just too unstable right now. Although since I have 2nd MAXX, I might look on it a bit earlier ;)
    Posted an updated build. Fixed video recording, uses Snap camera (flashlight is still broken), other changes synced from upstream ...