May 5, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Prerequisites:
Your G 5G/One 5G has bootloader unlocked
LMSA installed
ADB is up to date
Your phone battery should be at least 60%
Your phone is wiped during bootloader unlock process
It's recommended to run LMSA rescue in order to have build version up to date, and you will get required boot.img for patching. Observe the ROM download process, and when it's close to finishing, go to the folder link on the bottom right, and go to ROM files. It's recommended to copy entire .zip file to download folder, and make sure you get boot.img and copy to the phone (set USB mode to file transfer) Download folder, and set USB mode to charging after it's done
Install Magisk Manager and update to the latest, and patch boot.img.
Change USB to file transfer and get patched_boot.img back to host computer
Open command, and go to ADB folder
Reboot the phone to bootloader
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot flash boot
Press spacebar once, and drag and drop patched boot to command window and press enter
Before doing restoration, make sure you do the following
1. Setup Magisk Manager and enable Magisk Hide and Systemless Hosts. You will be prompted to run "environmental setup" and the phone reboots during process. Check CTS and it should pass
2. Wipe Google Play Store
3. Reboot and install AdAway
4. Reboot again
5. Restore your phone
You should be able to install Netflix but you will lose L1

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the us version is not able to be rooted as the bootloader cannot be unlocked . Device not supported for bootloader unlock according to the portal.

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
Can anyone confirm that this bootloader is locked and cannot be unlocked? Anyone else have the US unlocked version and went to the motorola portal and tried to unlock theirs with the same results?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
You can not trust the official supported unlock list, it's never been complete.
You can check if the device's CID is eligible for unlocking, and if the OEM unlocking is greyed out you cannot.
If the CID is good and OEM can be toggled, you need to request the unlock code to be sure.
Well I have enabled developer settings. In that I have enabled usb debugging as well as oem unlocking. I tried to unlock the bootloader. No joy. I talked to a moto rep who said in a chat it was not available for unlock at this time according to the list. The usual B.S.

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
Well I have enabled developer settings. In that I have enabled usb debugging as well as oem unlocking. I tried to unlock the bootloader. No joy. I talked to a moto rep who said in a chat it was not available for unlock at this time according to the list. The usual B.S.
Correction Folks I got it. Apparently I had bad format. Sorry.

Reactions: finnd1

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
Okay so I have been down the road and back again folks. I now have my Moto one 5g ace fully bootloader unlocked as well as Magisk root installed and my root explorer and titanium backup are being granted Super user permissions. Yes Finally. Now If anyone and I mean anyone needs help or has a issue please message me. i have created a list of fastboot commands in order specific to the Moto one ace 5g that WILL RESTORE THE FACTORY IMAGES IN PROPER ORDER FOR THE ROM. FORGIVE ME i AM STILL NEEDING TO MAKE A FLASH ALL.BAT FOR THIS. HOWEVER, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY IF DONE INDIVIDUALLY TO RESTORE YOUR ONE ACE 5G BACK TO STOCK. So I am a very happy One ace 5g owner with unlocked bootloader and, Root privilege's. Now awaiting some further development for the Recovery image and some custom Roms from some Developers smarter than Me. Ha Ha Ha. So for now I wait. I will update if i get the Flash all.bat file accomplished.

Thanks to XDA for their years of instruction and direction.

Last edited:

mingkee

May 5, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Okay so I have been down the road and back again folks. I now have my Moto one 5g ace fully bootloader unlocked as well as Magisk root installed and my root explorer and titanium backup are being granted Super user permissions. Yes Finally. Now If anyone and I mean anyone needs help or has a issue please message me. i have created a list of fastboot commands in order specific to the Moto one ace 5g that WILL RESTORE THE FACTORY IMAGES IN PROPER ORDER FOR THE ROM. FORGIVE ME i AM STILL NEEDING TO MAKE A FLASH ALL.BAT FOR THIS. HOWEVER, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY IF DONE INDIVIDUALLY TO RESTORE YOUR ONE ACE 5G BACK TO STOCK. So I am a very happy One ace 5g owner with unlocked bootloader and, Root privilege's. Now awaiting some further development for the Recovery image and some custom Roms from some Developers smarter than Me. Ha Ha Ha. So for now I wait. I will update if i get the Flash all.bat file accomplished.

Thanks to XDA for their years of instruction and direction.
That's why you have original ROM or boot in order to revert.
Should everything get messed up, you can fully restore with LMSA rescue (data will be wiped during process)

Reactions: finnd1

swes013

Mar 4, 2008
That's why you have original ROM or boot in order to revert.
Should everything get messed up, you can fully restore with LMSA rescue (data will be wiped during process)
FYI I DID NOT USE LMSA TO RESTORE I USED FASTBOOT. HENCÈ THE POST THAT SAID IF ANYONE WANTED HELP OR HIT A ROADBLOCK OR SNAGS PER SAY TO MESSAGE ME. THANKS. I COULD NOT USE LMSA AFTER ATTEMPTING THE PROCESS YOU STATED. WHEN I DID YOURS EXACTLY I GOT A BOOT UP WITH A DISABLED TOUCHSCREEN. HERE TO HELP. THANKS AGAIN