Search This thread

bobbyp1086

Prerequisites:
Your G 5G/One 5G has bootloader unlocked
LMSA installed
ADB is up to date
Your phone battery should be at least 60%
Your phone is wiped during bootloader unlock process
It's recommended to run LMSA rescue in order to have build version up to date, and you will get required boot.img for patching. Observe the ROM download process, and when it's close to finishing, go to the folder link on the bottom right, and go to ROM files. It's recommended to copy entire .zip file to download folder, and make sure you get boot.img and copy to the phone (set USB mode to file transfer) Download folder, and set USB mode to charging after it's done
Install Magisk Manager and update to the latest, and patch boot.img.
Change USB to file transfer and get patched_boot.img back to host computer
Open command, and go to ADB folder
Reboot the phone to bootloader
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot flash boot
Press spacebar once, and drag and drop patched boot to command window and press enter
Before doing restoration, make sure you do the following
1. Setup Magisk Manager and enable Magisk Hide and Systemless Hosts. You will be prompted to run "environmental setup" and the phone reboots during process. Check CTS and it should pass
2. Wipe Google Play Store
3. Reboot and install AdAway
4. Reboot again
5. Restore your phone
You should be able to install Netflix but you will lose L1
Hey in the middle of flashing here....buuut....I got the version my phone said it was, in bootloader is saying it's a tmo with different everything. What should I do, awaiting response before I move on

bobbyp1086

It is metro but in bootloader it's tmo_cust. Through the digging I found out that it's fresh. First moto that I've opened that root is actually root, somewhere I was told about a script..... Gotta find that post. Thanks....
That's this post lol. So bro bro, I have read and write access, no script ran..... Fx had to go into the settings of app and set the file permissions and then you're good lol. No script, too much hassle. I had rw as soon as it booted with magisk installed

bobbyp1086

It shouldn't be. All Android 10 out the box is R/O. Only certain folders like data/local/tmp are R/W out the box, not the entire system. Go to /product/media/audio/ringtones and see if you can add or delete anything in there. You shouldn't.

Explorers like Root Explorer and FX will tell you they set permissions but they DO NOT STICK. That's Android 10. If you truly have R/W access you have the ONLY device in the world that does without tinkering.
Then I guess I do, no script has ever ran for that and I can delete anything I want, write files anywhere, but I'll double check, ringtones eh.? I'll post it.... Stranger yet that's the only folder I can't delete from and only one not mounting....I retrace my statement, where is this script

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
My touchscreen is indeed fronzen after boot.img flash. Please again, post the commands. It is much appreciated.
hook up a USB mouse with one of those USB-C to USB adapters...this happens with the current unofficial TWRP for the moto one 5G Ace for me, so I use the mouse and install the twrp zip once inside twrp and am able to regain touch input. If you've lost touch input on your ROM, stock or not, try a simple fastboot -w. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
Well I definitely have an issue since I can't use the touchscreen I can't boot into fastboot right now or reboot the phone manually.

Update for the challenged: Hold the power button with the up volume rocker for forced reboot.
You might be stuck in EDL mode. Check Device Manager (if using Windows) and have Device Manager open BEFORE plugging in your phone. Plug in your phone and see what it's listed as, (ex. QUALCOMM QSLOADER 9008, FASTBOOT KIEV, ADB COMPOSITE DEVICE, etc)

Reactions: sd_shadow

mingkee

Actually, you can press and hold volume down and power buttons until the phone reboots in bootloader.
You can open LMSA and download latest ROM.
You can manually install ROM with fastboot command
Note: boot, recovery, dtbo, vbmeta, and super must be flashed under fastbootd environment
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot

Feb 18, 2014
Moto G 5G
Apparently the us version is not able to be rooted as the bootloader cannot be unlocked . Device not supported for bootloader unlock according to the portal.
Screw that Motorola portal I have been rooting several phones that were not on there list and it still worked including the US version of this 5g ace from metro pcs , if anyone out there knows of a custom rom fir this phone I would appreciate it I just unlocked bootloader installed Magix thru TWRP and using stick rom for now

Feb 18, 2014
Moto G 5G
Okay so I have been down the road and back again folks. I now have my Moto one 5g ace fully bootloader unlocked as well as Magisk root installed and my root explorer and titanium backup are being granted Super user permissions. Yes Finally. Now If anyone and I mean anyone needs help or has a issue please message me. i have created a list of fastboot commands in order specific to the Moto one ace 5g that WILL RESTORE THE FACTORY IMAGES IN PROPER ORDER FOR THE ROM. FORGIVE ME i AM STILL NEEDING TO MAKE A FLASH ALL.BAT FOR THIS. HOWEVER, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY IF DONE INDIVIDUALLY TO RESTORE YOUR ONE ACE 5G BACK TO STOCK. So I am a very happy One ace 5g owner with unlocked bootloader and, Root privilege's. Now awaiting some further development for the Recovery image and some custom Roms from some Developers smarter than Me. Ha Ha Ha. So for now I wait. I will update if i get the Flash all.bat file accomplished.

Thanks to XDA for their years of instruction and direction.
I am also fully rooted and I used that lm backup thing and instead of looking for the backup rom file I just let that file copy mine and I bricked it a few times and brought the stick rom right back up . Motorola list of phones for unlocking bootloader is crap I was able to do several phones that weren't on there list with no issue including this 5g ace from TMobile / Metro and I'm happy with it but waiting for a custom rom that would use Android 10 not 11 for it

NinjaDuder

Jun 24, 2021
Moto G 5G
Hi do you have the root method? I have the AT&T Prepaid model XT2113-5 but I need root to expand the "internal" storage (it's only 64gb on this version) and am willing to try your method...same Qualcomm processor and whatnot, just have the 4gb ram, 64gb storage, a different color and a bunch of bloatware I am going to delete...thanks!

lvveze

Sep 1, 2021
can someone tell me why i cant mount my moto 5g ace is rooted with magisk but adb mount not in /proc/mounts

iPhonesSuck

Mar 19, 2013
Okay so I have been down the road and back again folks. I now have my Moto one 5g ace fully bootloader unlocked as well as Magisk root installed and my root explorer and titanium backup are being granted Super user permissions. Yes Finally. Now If anyone and I mean anyone needs help or has a issue please message me. i have created a list of fastboot commands in order specific to the Moto one ace 5g that WILL RESTORE THE FACTORY IMAGES IN PROPER ORDER FOR THE ROM. FORGIVE ME i AM STILL NEEDING TO MAKE A FLASH ALL.BAT FOR THIS. HOWEVER, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY IF DONE INDIVIDUALLY TO RESTORE YOUR ONE ACE 5G BACK TO STOCK. So I am a very happy One ace 5g owner with unlocked bootloader and, Root privilege's. Now awaiting some further development for the Recovery image and some custom Roms from some Developers smarter than Me. Ha Ha Ha. So for now I wait. I will update if i get the Flash all.bat file accomplished.

Please help me root my us variant.. Motorola said bootloader can't be unlocked . What can I do.. I downloaded my firmware and extracted the boot used magisk to patch it . I just need to unlock the bootloader so that I can flash the patched bootloader. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Please help me root my us variant.. Motorola said bootloader can't be unlocked . What can I do.. I downloaded my firmware and extracted the boot used magisk to patch it . I just need to unlock the bootloader so that I can flash the patched bootloader. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
There is no alternative for unlocking Moto bootloaders.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prerequisites:
    Your G 5G/One 5G has bootloader unlocked
    LMSA installed
    ADB is up to date
    Your phone battery should be at least 60%
    Your phone is wiped during bootloader unlock process
    It's recommended to run LMSA rescue in order to have build version up to date, and you will get required boot.img for patching. Observe the ROM download process, and when it's close to finishing, go to the folder link on the bottom right, and go to ROM files. It's recommended to copy entire .zip file to download folder, and make sure you get boot.img and copy to the phone (set USB mode to file transfer) Download folder, and set USB mode to charging after it's done
    Install Magisk Manager and update to the latest, and patch boot.img.
    Change USB to file transfer and get patched_boot.img back to host computer
    Open command, and go to ADB folder
    Reboot the phone to bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot
    Press spacebar once, and drag and drop patched boot to command window and press enter
    Before doing restoration, make sure you do the following
    1. Setup Magisk Manager and enable Magisk Hide and Systemless Hosts. You will be prompted to run "environmental setup" and the phone reboots during process. Check CTS and it should pass
    2. Wipe Google Play Store
    3. Reboot and install AdAway
    4. Reboot again
    5. Restore your phone
    You should be able to install Netflix but you will lose L1
    Update: you need these additional steps in Magisk to pass
    1. Install latest riru in Magisk
    2. Download and install Safetynet fix https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix
    Your phone will reboot twice
    Apparently the us version is not able to be rooted as the bootloader cannot be unlocked . Device not supported for bootloader unlock according to the portal.
    Mine is US unlocked version and rooted

That's why you have original ROM or boot in order to revert.
    Should everything get messed up, you can fully restore with LMSA rescue (data will be wiped during process)
    You can not trust the official supported unlock list, it's never been complete.
    You can check if the device's CID is eligible for unlocking, and if the OEM unlocking is greyed out you cannot.
    If the CID is good and OEM can be toggled, you need to request the unlock code to be sure.
    Well I have enabled developer settings. In that I have enabled usb debugging as well as oem unlocking. I tried to unlock the bootloader. No joy. I talked to a moto rep who said in a chat it was not available for unlock at this time according to the list. The usual B.S.
    Correction Folks I got it. Apparently I had bad format. Sorry.