Moto X Boot Logos

Search This thread

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Hey guys!

After unlocking my bootloader, I got this unattractive warning boot image. I didn't like it, so I replaced it with something I think is more fitting to the phone!

Here's a one:

Motorola logo, like the one on the box art:

43pIirk.png

Download
http://d-h.st/p5p

If you just want to get rid of the silly warning message, and stick to the original boot image: (thanks to o2qc418 for supplying the file)
SexQxfc.png

Download
http://d-h.st/3Z7 [​

If you need an original one (stock file, no modification), here it is:

Download
http://d-h.st/bIZ
Please note: you might not see the lime green Motorola "M" logo, since you unlocked your boot loader. Instead, you'll get a warning message (actually an image!).

The download links are your standard logo.bin files. Just replace them through Fastboot.

UPDATE: JUNE 02, 2014

@KidJoe was kind enough to PM'ed me to let me know, there's been a development on customizing Moto X Bootlogos. Please take a look at this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53098892&postcount=355

Last edited:

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Richmond Hill
Not to sound stupid but what command do you run and can I assume you must do this with adb, I could flash my splash screen on my evo 3d through fastboot on the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

FligMupple

Jan 20, 2013
After unlocking my bootloader, I got this unattractive warning boot image. I didn't like it, so I replaced it with something I think is more fitting to the phone!
Thanks, the box art logo looks much better than the bootloader warning.

Can you use your graphics wizardry and make a version of the box art logo with a black background instead of white? (The big M would still be white)

mhsbrian

May 18, 2009
Not sure what happening with me here, I can flash the .bin to get of the unlocked bootloader warning but I've tried flashing the .bmp and also even tried just flashing the zip itself via the fastboot method ( fastboot flash logo thenameoftheimage.bmp) and I get a corrupted graphic with a box in the center of the phone.

Advice ?

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Richmond Hill
Not sure what happening with me here, I can flash the .bin to get of the unlocked bootloader warning but I've tried flashing the .bmp and also even tried just flashing the zip itself via the fastboot method ( fastboot flash logo thenameoftheimage.bmp) and I get a corrupted graphic with a box in the center of the phone.

Advice ?

Try this one it worked for me its the black background
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45439918
Sent on my Moto X

Reactions: mhsbrian

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
What's the difference between this and THIS? I see two different file types, and logo VS clogo.....bit isn't it the same splash/boot screen? Confused at the differences if there are any?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

Here's a one:

Motorola logo, like the one on the box art:

43pIirk.png

Download
    http://d-h.st/p5p

If you just want to get rid of the silly warning message, and stick to the original boot image: (thanks to o2qc418 for supplying the file)
    SexQxfc.png

Download
    http://d-h.st/3Z7 [​

If you need an original one (stock file, no modification), here it is:

Download
    http://d-h.st/bIZ
    Please note: you might not see the lime green Motorola "M" logo, since you unlocked your boot loader. Instead, you'll get a warning message (actually an image!).

The download links are your standard logo.bin files. Just replace them through Fastboot.

UPDATE: JUNE 02, 2014

@KidJoe was kind enough to PM'ed me to let me know, there's been a development on customizing Moto X Bootlogos. Please take a look at this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53098892&postcount=355
    The initial post of this thread was made when 4.2.2 was on the X. The LOGO.BIN was a slightly different format than 4.4 through 4.4.4. And while the initial instructions did get rid of the unlocked bootloader warning message, you were limited to using a non-full screen graphic, and it did lose the 0-3% battery charging graphic (explained later in this post).

So just an update on this topic with more recent information for 4.4 through 4.4.4.

(for a full update on CLOGO and LOGO, the difference, how to create, etc. see what I posted at -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-Bootlogo.htm )

LOGO/LOGO.BIN is used on phones which have had their bootloaders unlocked or relocked.

It is generally a 1280x720 specially formatted BIN file. It actually contains 3 images: 1. The stock Moto Boot Logo, 2. battery charging graphic which gets displayed when your phone is powered off and has 0-3% battery life, and 3. Bootloader Unlocked Warning. (see the following graphic from -> THIS POST] ).
    HPUQ40y.jpg

The format of this file has changed between the 4.2.2 and 4.4/4.4.2 roms on the X, and therefore custom LOGO.BIN files created for phones running 4.2.2 don't work on phones running 4.4/4.4.2 and vice versa.

Motorola Boot Services application will not change this file seasonally like it does the CLOGO.BMP on LOCKED bootloader phones.

To create a custom LOGO.BIN file. You need to first take your graphic, resize it to 1280x720 and save as a regular BMP file. If the outside edges of the graphic contain many colors, please add a solid color border ( HOW TO ), as graphics that do not have a solid color around the edges don't work.

To convert your graphic to a properly formatted LOGO.BIN, containing all parts, we need to make use of the script that Carock made/posted on XDA Developers.

1. Download carock's script
    2. Unzip it. It should make a folder called Motorun and have all the files in it.
    3. Install Perl by visiting -> http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads and using the big blue button to download either the X86(32bit) or 64bit installer. Run the installer, and make sure the box to allow it to be added to path is checked when you see it.
    4. Obtain the FFMPEG.EXE by visiting http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ and click on either "Download FFmpeg git-4aa9c91 32-bit Static" or "Download FFmpeg git-4aa9c91 64-bit Static" When the download has completed, unzip it (winRAR or 7Zip work for this). Grab the FFMPEG.EXE from it and drop it in the motorun folder, along with the files from Carock's script.
    5. Close and re-open any CMD windows you might have already had opened, or optionally to reboot, so the path variable gets re-read in window's command prompts.
    6. place your graphic file in the motorun folder
    7. Open a command prompt in the motorun folder
    8. run the COMPRESS.BAT file, supplying it your graphic's file name.
    9. when the script completes, if there are no errors, you will have a properly formatted LOGO.BIN

NOTE: Execute steps 6 through 9 to convert any additional graphics.

On a side note, taking the 24 CLOGO's from -> HERE along with other graphics found in this thread, the seasonal CLOGO's from the Moto Boot Services application, and I converted them all to logo.bin using carock's script. I tested each on my phone (Dev Edtion X for Verizon) and they work perfectly... I've uploaded them here -> X-LogoBins.zip (when you un-zip, there will be two folders, one containing the original graphic so you can see it, and one with the logo.bin). As I find new graphics to use, I do the same. Only those that work for me are in that ZIP.

When using these, if my battery's charge is between 0 and 3% and the phone is off while charging, I see the battery graphic. When booting I see the graphic I added to logo.bin. Since the 4% and above battery charging graphic is not part of the logo.bin, I always see it when the phone is off and charging (and of course is above 4%), no matter what image I load. (see also the discussion around post #300)

To flash a custom LOGO.BIN,
    Requirements:
    1. You have already installed the Motorola Drivers, ADB, Android Platform Tools, and mFastboot
    2. mFastboot (get from the previous link)
    3. Your battery has an 80% or greater charge!!
    NOTE: there have been issues flashing CLOGO and LOGO when "older" versions of mFastboot have been used. Please use the mFastboot provided via the link in Requirements #1.

once you have a properly formatted "LOGO.BIN" reboot your phone into bootloader mode, open a command prompt on your PC, and issue the following command...

mfastboot flash logo <filename>.bin

If you wish to revert to the stock LOGO.BIN (which includes the "Unlocked Bootloader" warning message), it is included in the SBF file for your phone, which are downloadable from one of the sites listed in Web sites for official and LEAKED roms.. Please Note: if your bootloader has ever been Unlocked, flashing the stock Logo.bin file will restore the "Unlocked bootloader warning" message!

EDIT:
    Since the OP points to this post... I wanted to add some more info to it...

Here is a link to another tool to make your own LOGO.BIN files -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/themes-apps/app-moto-x-g-boot-logo-command-line-tool-t2819494. One nice feature it has is the ability to extract the graphic from the logo.bin to a .PNG file on your PC. It also has the ability to replace the 0-3% battery graphic, although I haven't tried that yet.

At first I had some reservations about it (I guess I'm a creature of habit, once I find a way that works, I stick with it), but after giving it a try, it works very well. @marmottepoilue did a great job with it.

It also gets around the single color border I had to add to some pix when using carock's script. (see post #408 )

So, both carock's script in this thread, and marmottepoilue's tool are good options to use!
    Script? Can you share?

Or write up a process for us to make our own logo.bin for kitkat?
    I cleaned up my scripts and made them more universal and friendly. Rough scripting, so it might not be perfect (or very efficient).
    File attached.

This was made for windows. You'll need to install perl and ffmpeg and add them to your path for this to work properly. If you're running linux, I'm sure you can figure out how to adjust it.

Once you've done that, simply place your 720x1280 image in the folder and run the compress.bat. You'll be prompted to enter the image name. I'd recommend a lossless format, but any image file should work.
    This will output a logo.bin that should work fine. It will also output a file called logo-moto.raw, which is the raw compressed file. I did this in case you want to run my decompress bat file on it and check if it outputs the correct image.

Hope this helps.
    Oh, and of course, I'm not responsible if anyone damages their phone/pc from using this :p
    Got bored and decided to decipher the compressed 4.4 logo bin.

The header is the same format as the old logo bin, but the image data is compressed using an odd algorithm.

There is a header for each image now too. Each starts with 0x4d6f746f52756e (MotoRun in hex), followed by 0x00, followed by 2bytes for the horizontal resolution, and 2bytes for the vertical resolution. Such as, 0x4d6f746f52756e0002d00500 would be for a 720x1280 image.
    Basically, each chunk of the image is preceded by a 0x8 or 0x0, followed by a 12bit number.
    For 0x8, the number that follows signifies how many times to repeat the next 3bytes as RGB (or BGR) pixels. With a maximum number of repetitions being the horizontal resolution. For instance, 0x82D0FFFFFF would be 720 white pixels.
    For 0x0, the number that follows signifies how many 24bit(3byte) pixels will follow. For instance, 0x0002FFFFFF000000 would be 1 white pixel followed by 1 black pixel.
    And that's basically it. With one extra rule, that you cant repeat 2 of the same color pixels using 0x8. Such that 0x8002FFFFFF wouldn't occur. It would instead be 0x0002FFFFFFFFFFFF.

I've tested this with a script to decompress the images, and I've also compressed other images with this method. Both work fine.

anyone able to take a request for making a few of the custom images with the battery info? :confused:

thought i'd add, im on 4.4, unlocked but not rooted.
    attached (tested & worked for me)
    Not to sound stupid but what command do you run and can I assume you must do this with adb, I could flash my splash screen on my evo 3d through fastboot on the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

fastboot flash logo (logofile).bin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone