• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto X Force (XT1580) Android 7.0 NOUGAT is finally here! (25.11.12.en.EU) UPDATED

Search This thread

justmoto92

Sep 7, 2010
Singapore
Moto X Force Official Android 7.0 Nougat Release Note - https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/118889
Model: Motorola MOTO X Force XT1580
System version: 25.11.12
Build number: NPK25.200-12
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Android Security Patch Level: 1st April 2017

I have received the update and installed it too! Everything seems buttery smooth and faster than before! Install it now! :good: :D

Note: I do not know how to extract OTA file from the update, so hope someone could be able to help in sharing the OTA zip file with us. :)

Last edited:

Xetmes

Mar 25, 2016
Which screen protector You use? Looks good, any specs or link? I'm in Germany, still no update for eu version.

zammi

Apr 22, 2007
Seems like only the Motorola employees are getting the update. above photos are familiar to me. Seen somewhere in Facebook page of Moto.

justmoto92

Sep 7, 2010
Singapore
Seems like only the Motorola employees are getting the update. above photos are familiar to me. Seen somewhere in Facebook page of Moto.

Hi, this phone is a retail version from the store. And the photos belongs to me and I shared to some Facebook pages. :)
You should be getting your update soon! :)

Last edited:

bertrob

Apr 6, 2012
The most important question, were you guys able to keep root, or install root after updating to Nougat? Thanks!

bertrob

Apr 6, 2012
Thank you Lonixlon, have you personally updated your X Force while having TWRP? I had a problem with installing OTA security patch as phone booted directly to TWRP. Do you know any workaround for that?

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
My idea, maybe stupid and wrong - Update arrives depending on the CID of the phone.
The version of the system says "retapac", which stands for "Retail Asia Pacific" - a retail version of the phone for Asia and the Pacific.
But I do not understand what is written in "On the phone" before upgrading to NUGA. Take on incomprehensible things, mismatches, in the version of Android, the Baseband version, the system version and the build number. In the build number is very old version of the system mpks24.78-8-12, in the version of the system is the latest version of the system with the upgrade to 6.0.1, but here the old version 6.0 and the old modem.
I have a lot of questions without answers ...

Last edited:

Alchimista58

May 25, 2017
My idea, maybe stupid and wrong - Update arrives depending on the CID of the phone.
The version of the system says "retapac", which stands for "Retail Asia Pacific" - a retail version of the phone for Asia and the Pacific.
But I do not understand what is written in "On the phone" before upgrading to NUGA. Take on incomprehensible things, mismatches, in the version of Android, the Baseband version, the system version and the build number. In the build number is very old version of the system mpks24.78-8-12, in the version of the system is the latest version of the system with the upgrade to 6.0.1, but here the old version 6.0 and the old modem.
I have a lot of questions without answers ...

Well, may I express my opinion here too. I have an XT1581 Kinzie from China, it came with Lollipop 5.1.1. Workling perfect.
I go and update it to MM 6.0 using a Mexican or LKatin America rom, I keep the modem for the baseband from the Lollipop 5.1.1 Chinese rom, everything works almost better than before, not a single issue.
Now,m I tried to update it to Nougat 7 following the Google+ guide, a nightmare, although an enjoyable one!
First, I have only one sim working, no wif. Try anoth system, now I have two sims OK but still no wifi.
At the end, after many trials, I went back to my old MM 6.0 LAt rom, backed using TWRP, and the system is back to normal with everything working OK.
Did you ask me if I'm going to change? Nope, I'm happy the way things are, unless an official Nougat 7 ir 7.1.1 rom comes by, not loosing other time.
I agreemthere is a lot of confusion between the various roms and regions.

Reactions: Cocofifi

ilia3367

Oct 29, 2007
Emerald City
This news about the update and the video is very similar to the fake... Just why from such an ordinary case as an update do such a stupid circus?

Last edited:
Reactions: zammi

Top Liked Posts