Moto X - Return to 100% stock using one click flash file

Search This thread

gowtham3834

Dec 19, 2011
tirupattur
After i struck in to the problem i created a simple way to all my friends who are using moto x and thinking about back to stock rom 100% here you go

Downloads:
I assume you already have adb drivers if you're even here.....otherwise get them from the latest sdk here
Moto Drivers (Motorola Device Manager):
Stock Firmware: click here
Moto Fastboot exe: mfastboot

My Setup: Windows 8 machine <--obvious driver issues as usual

download all the files required

step 1: install adb files
Step 2: Install Motorola Drivers
Step 3: Extract Downloaded Stock Rom in the local folder
Step 4: Now extract mfastboot Moto X ghost manual to automation command file.rar
step 5: Now copy the extracted stock rom then paste it in mfastboot folder, now all the mfastboot and stock rom are all in same folder
Step 6: Hope you know how to get in to bootloader , go to boot loader connect your mobile to pc through data cable
Step 7: Now we reached the last step now you simply double click flash_modem file over now the files will automatically loaded in your phone and once finished reboot it you be in 100% stock rom

have fun guys

XDA:DevDB Information
Moto X - Return to 100% stock using one click flash file, Tool/Utility for the Moto X

Contributors
gowtham3834

Version Information

Created 2017-02-07
Last Updated 2017-02-07

Reactions: Spiderman1992

KadirDvl

Dec 14, 2015
New Delhi
after updating into kitkat from throw your method or when i update my mobile it comes in bootloader mode or says load kernel (boot) failed or boot up failed any idea how to recovery it

s5610

Sep 13, 2014
Chişinău
after updating into kitkat from throw your method or when i update my mobile it comes in bootloader mode or says load kernel (boot) failed or boot up failed any idea how to recovery it
You should be very cautious when flash anything into Motorola phone, because it's based on Qualcomm system-on-chip, that has many security checks.

Looks like wrong model was flashed. Execute command fastboot getvar all - that is needed to know the exact model of your Moto X.

Prodeje79

Dec 29, 2008
Ohio
Will this allow/prepare a phone to take OTA?

The prior owner of this AT&T Gen 1 Moto X (XT1058) had used some roms, but he advised he had returned it to stock. It never prompts for an OTA.
It is running 4.4.4
baseband MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.038.123.00R
System Version 212.44.26.ghost_att.ATT.en.US
Build KXA21.12-L1.26

Reactions: Spiderman1992

Thoyito

Jul 3, 2017
Is there any way to go back?
I mean, i did this method like 1 year ago... but now I don't remember what I did...
My phone doesn't have recovery and I can't format it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After i struck in to the problem i created a simple way to all my friends who are using moto x and thinking about back to stock rom 100% here you go

Downloads:
    I assume you already have adb drivers if you're even here.....otherwise get them from the latest sdk here
    Moto Drivers (Motorola Device Manager):
    Stock Firmware: click here
    Moto Fastboot exe: mfastboot

My Setup: Windows 8 machine <--obvious driver issues as usual

download all the files required

step 1: install adb files
    Step 2: Install Motorola Drivers
    Step 3: Extract Downloaded Stock Rom in the local folder
    Step 4: Now extract mfastboot Moto X ghost manual to automation command file.rar
    step 5: Now copy the extracted stock rom then paste it in mfastboot folder, now all the mfastboot and stock rom are all in same folder
    Step 6: Hope you know how to get in to bootloader , go to boot loader connect your mobile to pc through data cable
    Step 7: Now we reached the last step now you simply double click flash_modem file over now the files will automatically loaded in your phone and once finished reboot it you be in 100% stock rom

have fun guys

XDA:DevDB Information
    Moto X - Return to 100% stock using one click flash file, Tool/Utility for the Moto X

Contributors
    gowtham3834

Version Information

Created 2017-02-07
    Last Updated 2017-02-07
    Will this allow/prepare a phone to take OTA?

The prior owner of this AT&T Gen 1 Moto X (XT1058) had used some roms, but he advised he had returned it to stock. It never prompts for an OTA.
    It is running 4.4.4
    baseband MSM8960PRO_BP_2323.038.123.00R
    System Version 212.44.26.ghost_att.ATT.en.US
    Build KXA21.12-L1.26