Moto X Style Android 7.0 Nougat update, build NPH25.200-15 (Brazil) (Download Link)

Search This thread

omar2005

Jun 11, 2016
Doha
Motorola is finally pushing out the long overdue Nougat update to the 2015’s Moto X Style. The update seems to be rolling out only in Brazil currently. But it should hit other markets very soon now that the process has begun.

Arriving with the build NPH25.200-15, the update installs the Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto X Style alongside the May Android security patch. Besides, the update also installs the Google Duo video calling app on the smartphone.

On top of that, you’ll also get some stability and performance improvements with the new update. Since it’s a big update, expect it to weigh high in terms of memory. So, ensure you are hooked to a stable Wi-Fi network to avoid additional data charges.

Also, try to maintain at least 60% of battery life on your phone before installing the update.

With the update installed, users get access to all the Nougat features which include enhanced Doze mode, revamped notification shade and Quick Settings menu, and of course, the multi-window split-screen mode among other features.

Download Moto X Style/Moto X pure edition official Android 7.0 Nougat NPH25.200-15 update:

Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z3E22j7xZ7eTF5YUg1RVNFak0/view

Mega:
https://mega.nz/#!BV9GhKRD!jCxtG3f-oZnm7FyuNvhBDcwzpKdHv6dByO7whnTh44o

Instructions:
Move the Downloaded Moto X Style official Nougat Update to The internal storage of your device and install the update from stock recovery
you are done:) now you have android nougat

Note: this is only for Brazil variant do not install in any other variants it will damage your device

Last edited:

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Can i flash with RSD Lite or fastboot???
No... This is an OTA zip file, not a factory image. To flash this you must be on a stock RETLA device, on the latest RETLA marshmallow firmware, and use adb sideload in recovery or apply update from sd card to flash.

This is not a generic or universal update, it is very specific to a certain device AND software version, everything must match to apply (boot/system/radios)

Reactions: pahenko14kXDA

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Link full firmware for XT1572 RETLA single SIM Chile or Firmware MM + OTA Nougat ?

Fastboot method
Can't... we don't have it yet.

We do not have full Nougat firmware images for any MXPE or Style, and don't anticipate seeing those for months.

Currently only TWO variants have Nougat OTA, the Retail Latin America (Brazil) Dual Sim model and Retail European Union Single SIM that was on 6.0.1 firmware previously.

That is it, no other variants have the Nougat update *yet* (as of this posting).

You can try to mess with the various TWRP backups that are floating around here (no, I cannot point you to them) or wait until your variant gets it as an OTA.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
On the Moto G4 / G4 Plus, the Nougat update file was identical for all models of phones. The radio and identification of the phones where updated accordingly with each phone capabilities.
I would not recommend this on a phone with locked bootloader, just because you can't make backups before.
Note that upgrading to Nougat upgrades the bootloader and most likely you can't go back to MM bootloader and also the rooting of Nougat requires a custom Kernel. So be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
Can someone with this Nougat version try GPS test or Androits GPS test and see if the gps is fixing position Ok?
In the European Version of Moto x force and Moto x Style it is not working ok. I wanna know how widespreed is this problem.

Thanks!

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Can someone with this Nougat version try GPS test or Androits GPS test and see if the gps is fixing position Ok?
In the European Version of Moto x force and Moto x Style it is not working ok. I wanna know how widespreed is this problem.

Thanks!
I also had this problem, maybe fixed with the netherlands ota with reteu fr ?

Reactions: NahuelMS

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010

Thanks!
NOT FIXED for me @ official NOUGAT.
I had the same issues as always, sometimes I lose gps reception (it comes back after a while)

Captain_wade_

Oct 11, 2014
I was using it on the XT1575 with T-Mobile but once I switched to Sprint I could not get data working.

So the XT1575 works but it seems only on GSM? That doesn't sound like a super bad deal, though for the CDMA network it might just need a refresh from the company or a new SIM possibly. Thanks for the info!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motorola is finally pushing out the long overdue Nougat update to the 2015’s Moto X Style. The update seems to be rolling out only in Brazil currently. But it should hit other markets very soon now that the process has begun.

Arriving with the build NPH25.200-15, the update installs the Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto X Style alongside the May Android security patch. Besides, the update also installs the Google Duo video calling app on the smartphone.

On top of that, you’ll also get some stability and performance improvements with the new update. Since it’s a big update, expect it to weigh high in terms of memory. So, ensure you are hooked to a stable Wi-Fi network to avoid additional data charges.

Also, try to maintain at least 60% of battery life on your phone before installing the update.

With the update installed, users get access to all the Nougat features which include enhanced Doze mode, revamped notification shade and Quick Settings menu, and of course, the multi-window split-screen mode among other features.

Download Moto X Style/Moto X pure edition official Android 7.0 Nougat NPH25.200-15 update:

Google Drive:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z3E22j7xZ7eTF5YUg1RVNFak0/view

Mega:
    https://mega.nz/#!BV9GhKRD!jCxtG3f-oZnm7FyuNvhBDcwzpKdHv6dByO7whnTh44o

Instructions:
    Move the Downloaded Moto X Style official Nougat Update to The internal storage of your device and install the update from stock recovery
    you are done:) now you have android nougat

Note: this is only for Brazil variant do not install in any other variants it will damage your device
    Link full firmware for XT1572 RETLA single SIM Chile or Firmware MM + OTA Nougat ?

Fastboot method
    Can't... we don't have it yet.

We do not have full Nougat firmware images for any MXPE or Style, and don't anticipate seeing those for months.

Currently only TWO variants have Nougat OTA, the Retail Latin America (Brazil) Dual Sim model and Retail European Union Single SIM that was on 6.0.1 firmware previously.

That is it, no other variants have the Nougat update *yet* (as of this posting).

You can try to mess with the various TWRP backups that are floating around here (no, I cannot point you to them) or wait until your variant gets it as an OTA.
    Sorry

Sorry,I don't know
    I don't have this phone
    I am just sharing it
    If you have Brasil variant with newest stock MM just download, copy to phone and update from stock recovery or from settings.
    Better idea - wait for your own ota file.
    I bought my moto x pure edition from Amazon it was unlocked phone and my build # is MPHS24.49-18-16 AND ITS RUNNING 6.0
    my question is can I upgrade my phone to 7.0 using NPH25.200-15 build?
    No, the update isn't available for the Moto X Pure Edition yet, only the Style and only a certain regions/variants.