• Droid Turbo 2

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Keep Nexus 6

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DarthSudo

Jun 22, 2011
Okay, so I was all set to purchase the new Moto X, but then the Turbo 2 rumors started floating around the interwebs... I am currently using a Nexus 6, but it is just a little too big for me (although I am really getting used to it - it just isn't very portable). Between Good Work for corp email and the battery drain on VZW LTE, I find I typically have to top off by 5 or 6 PM. From what I've been reading, battery life for the N6 and the Style are about the same on Verizon. I really miss the Moto apps, so I'd like to come back to either the Style, or maybe wait for the Turbo 2. The biggest drawbacks for the Turbo 2 are lack of unlockable bootloader and VZW bloat. Quite frankly, I really don't even need root if there isn't any bloat (although, I think most/all can be disabled now w/o root).

My priorities:
  1. Battery Life
  2. Moto apps
  3. Clean, no bloat (or rootable so I can clean things up)

So, should I buy the Style, wait for the Turbo 2 or just keep my Nexus 6?

DarthSudo

Jun 22, 2011
Yes, the "shatterproof" screen looks like it could be really cool. Plus the phone seems about the right size for me too... but man, I just can't stand the bloat and that might be enough to keep me away from the extra battery capacity...

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
I'm thinking the maxx will be a better phone. The turbo looks to be a pure with a smaller plastic screen and a faster processor. The maxx will be more like the play(better battery life).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

DarthSudo

Jun 22, 2011
I guess it really comes down to whether or not I can deal with the bloat in order to have the extra battery capacity... and the more I think about it, the more I don't think I'll like it. I'm really leaning toward the Style. I guess we'll see what the Turbo/Maxx 2 look like a couple of days.

Oaklands

Aug 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I can deal with any shortfalls this phone has to not buy from Verizon any longer. Overall this phone works great for me. I knew it was not the absolute latest and greatest but I have to say I am satisfied. It is an excellent but for the price and soon I will be saving $300/yr on my cell phone bill.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jayochs and 1454

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
Remmeber buying from verizon, they decide when to give you updates. Today all my lines are out of contract so I get 25$ off per line,also get 19% off and have 30gb plan for 130$(-19%) and have 4gb promo data. But the thing that's the best is the feeling of freedom.

You do what you want and when you want.

If you can either buy it in full price or stick with motox, patience also with roms :)

Reactions: DarthSudo

DarthSudo

Jun 22, 2011
That is a lot good point. And at an extra $200, I don't think the Turbo 2 is worth it.

Now I guess the only question is: what color do I get?!! ;)

civiksi

Mar 14, 2011
Pemberton, NJ
I had the last turbo. Great phone but of course locked down and it was supposed to be updated fast. We got lollipop at the end of july I believe. I gave it to my wife and bought the new x.

benjamminh

Sep 5, 2015
My droid Maxx still doesn't have lollipop. So I'm sticking with my xpe. Plus one hands on said the turbo 2 screen quality was dingy and not bright.

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA Free mobile app

jetman36

Dec 26, 2012
My dad just got the Droid turbo 2 and likes it. The screen size isn't too bad and they used an amoled display for it. It does have a ton of VZW crap ware installed that you can't get rid of but he traded in his 2013 moto x with a fully shattered screen and he still got $200 trade in for the turbo 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can deal with any shortfalls this phone has to not buy from Verizon any longer. Overall this phone works great for me. I knew it was not the absolute latest and greatest but I have to say I am satisfied. It is an excellent but for the price and soon I will be saving $300/yr on my cell phone bill.

Remmeber buying from verizon, they decide when to give you updates. Today all my lines are out of contract so I get 25$ off per line,also get 19% off and have 30gb plan for 130$(-19%) and have 4gb promo data. But the thing that's the best is the feeling of freedom.

You do what you want and when you want.

If you can either buy it in full price or stick with motox, patience also with roms :)