• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moto Z 8.0 Full firmware [stock][oreo][griffin]

Search This thread

K1li4n

Oct 18, 2017
Morges
Hey, thanks for the tool, just few questions, will this relock my device bootloader ? and am i taking the risk to hard brick it ? Do i need to have adb and fastboot installed ?
thanks for this tool and for your time

thuybang

Mar 24, 2013
Hanoi
Hey, thanks for the tool, just few questions, will this relock my device bootloader ? and am i taking the risk to hard brick it ? Do i need to have adb and fastboot installed ?
thanks for this tool and for your time
No relock anything. No risk to hard brick. If you flash down to 711 and then OTA update,it will. No need adb and fastboot install. Install usb and motorola driver

Reactions: TeeHoang
Many thank @erfanoabdi for the link
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836283516
extract ROM ,extract file attack ,put all to the same folder, (hold power + volume down to get into bootloader mode) and run file: retail_AS_800.bat ( no need to run commands)
Done.

Hi, at the end of the batch say

fastboot erase carrier
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR

So all data will be erased ?

BTW, I ran the process and the phone went back to encrypted mode again, TWRP is not working any more and root access is gone..Any way to revert back ?

Last edited:

mkocevar

Nov 18, 2010
Thanx for this, updates working and all.. Only the wifi seems to be be working bad (no internet access, disconnecting) , although could be my connection..

mike331967

Feb 6, 2016
Vladimir, Russia
extract ROM ,extract file attack ,put all to the same folder, (hold power + volume down to get into bootloader mode) and run file: retail_AS_800.bat ( no need to run commands)
Done.

I try to flash it, but where is error on system.img_sparsechunk.14 flashing..

C:\adb-fastboot-latest\adb-fastboot-latest>fastboot flash system system.img_spar
sechunk.14
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'system' (151532 KB)...
OKAY [ 4.038s]
writing 'system'...
(bootloader) Invalid sparse image data
(bootloader) Failed to flash sparse image
FAILED (remote failure)

finished. total time: 4.786s

And error on erasing DDR

C:\adb-fastboot-latest\adb-fastboot-latest>fastboot erase DDR
erasing 'DDR'...
(bootloader) Permission denied
FAILED (remote failure)

finished. total time: 0.035s

Phone now in boot loop. Can't start, but goes to fastboot.
How to flash it correctly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Done.
    To sideload the official OTA you need the stock recovery. No wonder you received error using TWRP...
    You can read here the way I updated to the latest version. Maybe it will work for you too. Good luck!
    I know, that's why I said "sorry for the off-topic". Even so, it's not bad to learn some new facts. Maybe someone will want that feature when choosing their next phone... :p
    Its update like normal.
    08440bbe3943a7f8dd6c60bd8ab5b5d0.jpg
    I'd tried to install via TWRP adb sideload.
    Error!
    Never update anything stock from TWRP.