Moto Z official firmware downloads

Search This thread

nesgcmx

Dec 29, 2012
México DF
I have a doubt, i purchased a moto z with at&t México and flashed the retail firmware of this thread for my country and works fine, but when i enter in bootloader mode the info of the Phone shows that my Phone is a sheridan version, so i'm confused, what version i have? ��

Last edited:

enetec

May 30, 2014
Italians do it better... ;)
I have a doubt, i purchased a moto z with at&t México and flashed the retail firmware of this thread for my country and works fine, but when i enter in bootloader mode the info of the Phone shows that my iPhone is a sheridan version, so i'm confused, what version i have? ��

Probably Griffin. As others already reported, on bootloader mode all reports to be Sheridans... :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: nesgcmx

Prfndhatrdofman

Sep 12, 2010
Redmond
How do you "Flash it manually using mfastboot command."?

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot boot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.11
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.12
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.13
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

Keep in mind depending on the region you're flashing you may have a different number of sparse chunks (I think VZW has like 16, where as stock has like 13) You just enter the amount of sparse chunks you need to flash.

Last edited:

SolusCado

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot boot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.11
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.12
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.13
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

Keep in mind depending on the region you're flashing you may have a different number of sparse chunks (I think VZW has like 16, where as stock has like 13) You just enter the amount of sparse chunks you need to flash.

Thanks; that worked - though now I find that the pre-Rooted EU ROM I was using doesn't seem to work with my Hasselblad Camera Mod. :(

Prfndhatrdofman

Sep 12, 2010
Redmond

SolusCado

:/ Ok; try as I might I cannot seem to get my Moto Z to boot if I have SuperSU installed. My bootloader is unlocked, and I've been able to flash different ROMS with no problem. But if I try to install SuperSU (v2.78-SR1) to a working ROM, or install JanJan's pre-rooted US ROM, then Android simply never boots. I just downloaded the three more recent versions of SuperSU to give them a try, but does anyone have any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong here?

Prfndhatrdofman

Sep 12, 2010
Redmond
:/ Ok; try as I might I cannot seem to get my Moto Z to boot if I have SuperSU installed. My bootloader is unlocked, and I've been able to flash different ROMS with no problem. But if I try to install SuperSU (v2.78-SR1) to a working ROM, or install JanJan's pre-rooted US ROM, then Android simply never boots. I just downloaded the three more recent versions of SuperSU to give them a try, but does anyone have any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong here?

Sounds to me like you need a different Boot image then. I flashed the boot.img that was disabled force encryption, then flashed the System mode SuperSU. No issues at all. US Moto Z 64 GB model.

dallas90733

Aug 7, 2007
Austin
Located the US firmware and uploaded it to Mega if anyone needs it https://mega.nz/#!vtVmgAoI!J1cZtlRi0FjRHbxIJGA5U8CLx6RwUWQjwrCbjzf_Naw

Do this have the modem (baseband) included?.. I need to completely put everything back to factory.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Do this have the modem (baseband) included?.. I need to completely put everything back to factory.

Nevermind- I didn't read :)

Top Liked Posts