Moto Z2 Play Launcher with Google Now (no root)

TigerCourage

Nov 24, 2010
Almería
www.generacionm.es
Hey guys I present to you the Moto Z2 Play launcher with Google Now support (no root needed).

Installation:

Install like a normal apk.

Credits:
Motorola
Junior Passos for the Z2 Play Launcher (https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/themes/app-stock-launcher3-t3617924)
Me for adding Google Now support without root

Update 02.01.2017
New version

Launcher from Android 8.0 stock update. New features:

- theme dark & White
- notification dots (in 8.0 only)
- 8.0 app shortcuts on long press

Credits:

Motorola
ReOmbra for extracting the apk
Me for Google Now on non rooted phones

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pza442fv1ncas7t/google_now_com.motorola.launcher3_8.0.0.apk?dl=0

Last edited:

Arkhya Jtoyi

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks bro I really appreciate your work.

Can you please edit the moto gallery app edited by Junior Passos,
His work is also good, everything is working normal we able to edit the pics but that have one bug. If we delete any pic/video via gallery app then the pic get disappear from the gallery app but the pic/video is still present in the memory card. we need to delete it via fileManager to delete it completely.
Moto Gallery app link https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/themes/app-moto-gallery-v540034-t3617488.

I think we need to provide write access to sd card for this app.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: AxiK.

aussieinjapan

Oct 9, 2014
Hi, Thanks for the apk ! But My security app called "Lookout" flagged the apk for containing code that is related to ransomware.
So I immediately uninstalled it from my moto z play. Has Anyone else had this trouble ?

Reactions: kanagawaben

TigerCourage

Nov 24, 2010
Almería
www.generacionm.es
Hi, Thanks for the apk ! But My security app called "Lookout" flagged the apk for containing code that is related to ransomware.
So I immediately uninstalled it from my moto z play. Has Anyone else had this trouble ?
It's because I enabled debugging on the app. There's no ransomware in the apk.

Thanks bro I really appreciate your work.

Can you please edit the moto gallery app edited by Junior Passos,
His work is also good, everything is working normal we able to edit the pics but that have one bug. If we delete any pic/video via gallery app then the pic get disappear from the gallery app but the pic/video is still present in the memory card. we need to delete it via fileManager to delete it completely.
Moto Gallery app link https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/themes/app-moto-gallery-v540034-t3617488.

I think we need to provide write access to sd card for this app.

Thanks in advance
I don't know what can be wrong with it, it has all the external storage permissions. I'll see if I can get a hold of the new Moto Gallery from Moto X Force's 7.0 Nougat update.

Last edited:

asus535

Jul 9, 2007
Do whatsapp (widgets on the home screen), phone (widget in the first row, displaying missed calls), message (widget int the first row) ... apps show unread message count natively? Or do we still need to install notifyer app, and use it's widgets.

Maxbmwe53

Jun 25, 2017
Buenos Aires
You can have those in the rootless Pixel Launcher wich is almost identical. The whole point of this Motorola Launcher is that you're not forced to have that on the main screen.

Yeah, but i like the dark theme, the dock and the app drawer style in this launcher. Now i'm usin nova 5.3 with google now support and can get the z2 style with the navbar and weather widget from pixel, but some times it chrashes

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Yeah, but i like the dark theme, the dock and the app drawer style in this launcher. Now i'm usin nova 5.3 with google now support and can get the z2 style with the navbar and weather widget from pixel, but some times it chrashes
And how can i get the 5 row icons?? I only get 4

Yousvel

Jan 23, 2014
Cap-Haitian

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

And how can i get the 5 row icons?? I only get 4
To have 5 row icons, go to display and decrease the font display from there. You will then have 5 row icons.

Reactions: Maxbmwe53
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone