Motorola 4.4

Search This thread

dog121

Oct 24, 2011
london
I wouldn't be surprised if we has it by late march..they are a lot more organised than they were a few years ago..

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bongofred

Oct 6, 2013
Stop **** posting guys, just wait a little longer and you will get it.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk

Viketaur

Oct 30, 2010
Toulon
'Sup guys, I also own a Moto RAZR i and I will also lose my patience for an update to 4.4.2 Kitkat !

The thing is, yesterday I read a comment a guy wrote on Motorola's Fb page (in France) that said (I translated really quickly) :

I called the support center and the person I had to speak with told me that the update will begin its rollout in America (north I guess) then in England. Then follows the update with French carriers, after what comes the update for the retail version of phones. It's now a matter of weeks maybe days before Moto starts to rollout its update if everything goes well

No matter what he says about French carriers and retailers, it seems that the update is planned for very soon !

Merinorus

Dec 16, 2013
Latin America I guess because there's no RAZR i in North America (officially). See the availables models in Brazil : motorola.com.br/consumers/razr-phones

But I would be surprised if our phone was updated before the RAZR M / HD / Maxx MD ! Maybe all the models will get kitkat very soon :angel:

Viketaur

Oct 30, 2010
Toulon
Latin America I guess because there's no RAZR i in North America (officially). See the availables models in Brazil : motorola.com.br/consumers/razr-phones

But I would be surprised if our phone was updated before the RAZR M / HD / Maxx MD ! Maybe all the models will get kitkat very soon :angel:

That makes sense, my mistake :angel:

arthur_felipe

Sep 23, 2011
SBC - SP
www.twitter.com
I got the Razr I since ICS... Sad to know that I had a phone with a FM radio. Kinda the same feeling I had when I updated my GTab P1000L with Cyanogen, losing the digital TV. ¬¬'
Question: do OTA updates work fine on unlocked BLs? And how about rooted phones? I guess I'm not the only one to have this doubt.

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
For Ota updates, its necesary to have stock recovery and last stock firmware, it doesnt matter if you have unlocked bootloader, i recommend when kitkat its released, wait for a complete firmware release, its more secure :D

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: arthur_felipe

paulle

Nov 1, 2010
For Ota updates, its necesary to have stock recovery and last stock firmware, it doesnt matter if you have unlocked bootloader, i recommend when kitkat its released, wait for a complete firmware release, its more secure :D

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Excuse my noob question, is it possible once 4.4 is released to make a flashable zip of it and flash it with twrp or cwm ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come back here every once and a while to see if it might be worth plugging in my formerly beloved RAZR i - to no avail. Incredible to realize that NINE months ago when I switched to iPhone we were still wondering when/if we would ever get kitkat update. My iPhone has received five updates in that time and is now solid beyond belief and will be updated regularly for at least the next three years. The Android update model is broken.

Please, take you're icrap and shove it up somewhere so freaking far we wont hear a word from you here again about you're **** phone. Thanks!
    Please stop posting already which phone you bought instead of Razr I...cause we don't give a ****...This thread is dedicated to Motorola Razr I and the upcoming Android 4.4 update
    Yes,we are all disappointed from Motorola and their slow and half assed support ...now move on and post some actual news regarding the topic
    Had enough of waiting Moto G will be With me tomorrow.

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

Good for you! :good:
    You get the almost same experience in terms of performance.
    Minus: sd card slot, and maby more poor battery life. I don't think anybody cares about you decided to throw money at something not even worth the upgrade.

wasn't this thread supposed to be about news for the kitkat update only, and not for you all to whine because you can't wait.
    Motorola will release the kitkat update in the beginning of october. i guess at the end of the first week in oct, everyone should have become the update.
    source: facebook page of motorola germany

Liebe RAZR HD- und RAZR i-Besitzer, wir freuen uns folgende Neuigkeit mit euch zu teilen: Ihr werdet euer lang erwartetes Update Anfang Oktober erhalten, beginnend mit dem Update für RAZR HD und bald danach für alle RAZR i-Benutzer. Sobald sie ausgerollt werden, werden wir es auf dieser Seite verkünden, also schaut immer mal wieder vorbei! Vielen Dank für eure Geduld! Euer Motorola-Team

Translated to english:

Love RAZR HD and i RAZR owners, we are pleased to inform us the following news with you: You will receive your long awaited update in early October, starting with the update for RAZR HD and soon after that for all i RAZR users. Once they are rolled out, we will announce it on this page, so check back from time to time over again! Thank you for your patience! Your Motorola team
    Ok folks, it's time to show some tears of happiness. I found this on a Brazilian Motorola's post about Moto X

Captura_de_tela_de_2013_11_03_22_11_03.png

I'll translate it:
    Some guy say:
    "I'm waiting the Razr I update to Android 4.2"

And Motorola Brasil replies:
    "Fabrício, keep calm. The Razr I will be updated, but to a version above Jellybean. We will post more informations as soon we have it"

Here is the post link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...5.140871914508&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

This surely make my day