Motorola 4.4

Search This thread

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
Excuse my noob question, is it possible once 4.4 is released to make a flashable zip of it and flash it with twrp or cwm ?

Yes of course, once the firmware its released its possible to make flashable zips :) its like the homemade fastboot of Jelly bean when the Jb firmware begin to roll out :)

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: paulle
Mar 6, 2014
I asked fot the official Motorola Brazil account on twitter(@Motorola_BR) and they reply "Estamos em fase de teste, mas ainda não temos uma data fechada para a disponibilização dessa atualização, aguarde novidades."

I dont know very well portuguese but i guess " We are on testing phase, we dont have a exactly date, wait for new releases"

Reactions: YaPeL

dj_mol3y_x8

Aug 30, 2011
guildford
more like 'we really have no clue, but the manual says to answer this: " We are on testing phase, we dont have a exactly date, wait for new releases" ' lol

When I was phoned by the moto chat team to let me know that the RAZR I would get the KitKat 4.4.2 update. I asked about release date for the rollout to start I was told that it would be soon.
BUT for how long did the Motorola update page say future plan coming soon.
But that said Motorola have made changes as go back 2 years and they would not of updated a near 18 month phone.
So the fact that we are waiting for a update is not as bad as no update.
:just saying:

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

DMTwo

Apr 24, 2012
Well it seems that finally Motorola decided to update our device.

In English
https://motorola-global-en-uk.custh...iMk1CeFN6T2wiLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiIyTUJ4U3pPbCJ9

In Portuguese (Brazil)
https://motorola-global-portal-pt.c...nFGMjNVek9sIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoicUYyM1V6T2wifQ..

I’ve talked to a Motorola employee by online chat and she confirmed that it will be updated, however there’s no schedule or a date to this be released.

By the way, I’m happy to get this new information!
Now I think that my XT890 will last more one year…

Reactions: dj_mol3y_x8

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Well it seems that finally Motorola decided to update our device.

In English
https://motorola-global-en-uk.custh...iMk1CeFN6T2wiLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiIyTUJ4U3pPbCJ9

In Portuguese (Brazil)
https://motorola-global-portal-pt.c...nFGMjNVek9sIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoicUYyM1V6T2wifQ..

I’ve talked to a Motorola employee by online chat and she confirmed that it will be updated, however there’s no schedule or a date to this be released.

By the way, I’m happy to get this new information!
Now I think that my XT890 will last more one year…

Something needs to be done about this thread. Everyone is repeating the same thing without looking at previous pages.

Fact: Motorola is updating our device to KitKat. We've known this for about a week.

Last edited:

clickstop

Jan 19, 2013
I agree. Tired of hearing people who never seem to be satisfied. We know it's coming, it's all just a matter of patience now.

adddaamo

Oct 1, 2010
Something needs to be done about this thread. Everyone is repeating the same thing without looking at previous pages.

Fact: Motorola is updating our device to KitKat. We've known this for about a week.

Everyone is happy with The Good News and wants to share with everyone. What's wrong with that ?
Every day I talk with my neighborhood about weather, it's like every day repeating same thing, why should I do anything about it?
Some subjects exists so people could talk about them, this is one of these.

xianuro

Apr 1, 2013
Nayarit
Everyone is happy with The Good News and wants to share with everyone. What's wrong with that ?
Every day I talk with my neighborhood about weather, it's like every day repeating same thing, why should I do anything about it?

Weather changes on a daily basis; the fact that motorola is releasing KK for our device does not.
We know it's coming, we know we're happy about it, and we know that not matter how much we discuss it and bug Moto's Customer Services about it, we will not speed up its release.

So yeah, +1 on the "lock thread". At the very least until we know a date...

Reactions: lucasarran

iolinux333

Apr 15, 2008

Yes. Unfortunately I've been watching threadlockers destroy previously great forums since the days of Usenet. You know, that small percentage of people that ruin everything.

adddaamo

Oct 1, 2010
I do wonder if we will get ART Runtime with 4.4. I've tried to google any information but without luck. Optimized x86 ART could improve performance and battery life of xt890 significantly, but it's almost to much to hope for.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

majinfusion

Jun 15, 2013
I was thinking of getting a new phone..but with this news, I think i will wait until after 4.4 is released and use this phone for awhile longer...hopefully it's not too long!

ciberbeb

Dec 13, 2010
Toulouse
I do wonder if we will get ART Runtime with 4.4. I've tried to google any information but without luck. Optimized x86 ART could improve performance and battery life of xt890 significantly, but it's almost to much to hope for.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

That would be a very good thing.
I googled a bit and found some source code on the Android x86 branch.
Even if ART is still in its early stage in KitKat, we may have it in this next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come back here every once and a while to see if it might be worth plugging in my formerly beloved RAZR i - to no avail. Incredible to realize that NINE months ago when I switched to iPhone we were still wondering when/if we would ever get kitkat update. My iPhone has received five updates in that time and is now solid beyond belief and will be updated regularly for at least the next three years. The Android update model is broken.

Please, take you're icrap and shove it up somewhere so freaking far we wont hear a word from you here again about you're **** phone. Thanks!
    Please stop posting already which phone you bought instead of Razr I...cause we don't give a ****...This thread is dedicated to Motorola Razr I and the upcoming Android 4.4 update
    Yes,we are all disappointed from Motorola and their slow and half assed support ...now move on and post some actual news regarding the topic
    Had enough of waiting Moto G will be With me tomorrow.

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

Good for you! :good:
    You get the almost same experience in terms of performance.
    Minus: sd card slot, and maby more poor battery life. I don't think anybody cares about you decided to throw money at something not even worth the upgrade.

wasn't this thread supposed to be about news for the kitkat update only, and not for you all to whine because you can't wait.
    Motorola will release the kitkat update in the beginning of october. i guess at the end of the first week in oct, everyone should have become the update.
    source: facebook page of motorola germany

Liebe RAZR HD- und RAZR i-Besitzer, wir freuen uns folgende Neuigkeit mit euch zu teilen: Ihr werdet euer lang erwartetes Update Anfang Oktober erhalten, beginnend mit dem Update für RAZR HD und bald danach für alle RAZR i-Benutzer. Sobald sie ausgerollt werden, werden wir es auf dieser Seite verkünden, also schaut immer mal wieder vorbei! Vielen Dank für eure Geduld! Euer Motorola-Team

Translated to english:

Love RAZR HD and i RAZR owners, we are pleased to inform us the following news with you: You will receive your long awaited update in early October, starting with the update for RAZR HD and soon after that for all i RAZR users. Once they are rolled out, we will announce it on this page, so check back from time to time over again! Thank you for your patience! Your Motorola team
    Ok folks, it's time to show some tears of happiness. I found this on a Brazilian Motorola's post about Moto X

Captura_de_tela_de_2013_11_03_22_11_03.png

I'll translate it:
    Some guy say:
    "I'm waiting the Razr I update to Android 4.2"

And Motorola Brasil replies:
    "Fabrício, keep calm. The Razr I will be updated, but to a version above Jellybean. We will post more informations as soon we have it"

Here is the post link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...5.140871914508&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

This surely make my day
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone