Motorola 4.4

Search This thread

billah420

May 6, 2009
June? Damn 8 months later.

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk now Free

Looks like we'll be seeing kit kat on the RAZR I soon.
According to motorola's support page, the moto g is in the process of kit kat roll out so i assume, once all the moto g have been updated, kk should start getting rolled out on the razr i.

Fingers crossed......

omiez

Jan 6, 2011
A friend of mine contacted Motorola via chat because his phone died and asked if kk is coming and when. They answered that end of June it will be released.

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
A friend of mine contacted Motorola via chat because his phone died and asked if kk is coming and when. They answered that end of June it will be released.

Yes because that's the end of Q2, the estimated quarter which has already been confirmed by David on G+.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

radekt_cz

Apr 19, 2014
From G+:
"RAZR i is making good progress and is going into the final testing phase which precedes the carrier lab testing cycles. I will give you guys an update when we are close to entering some of the carrier labs. Thanks for being patient.... "

Reactions: lucasarran

Shinobu-Kenji

Oct 26, 2013
Buenos Aires
tonight i was surffing in the motorola's home source and i read some interesting:

sourceforge.net/projects/razr-i.motorola

cp hardware/intel/linux-2.6/arch/x86/configs/i386_mfld_moto_defconfig $PWD/out/target/product/smi/kernel_build/.config && /home/gopi/bin/make -C hardware/intel/linux-2.6 O=$PWD/out/target/product/smi/kernel_build ARCH=i386 CROSS_COMPILE=$PWD/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/i686-android-linux-4.4.3/bin/i686-android-linux- defoldconfig

can be this an error o maybe we keep the hope on with 4.4.3?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
tonight i was surffing in the motorola's home source and i read some interesting:

sourceforge.net/projects/razr-i.motorola

cp hardware/intel/linux-2.6/arch/x86/configs/i386_mfld_moto_defconfig $PWD/out/target/product/smi/kernel_build/.config && /home/gopi/bin/make -C hardware/intel/linux-2.6 O=$PWD/out/target/product/smi/kernel_build ARCH=i386 CROSS_COMPILE=$PWD/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/i686-android-linux-4.4.3/bin/i686-android-linux- defoldconfig

can be this an error o maybe we keep the hope on with 4.4.3?

haha, would be nice, but that's the compiler toolchain version, not the actual android version or we would have android version 4.8 by now ;)

The only way to know if android 4.4 would be getting close and u would look only at this line, the "linux-2.6" needs to change to "linux-3.X"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I come back here every once and a while to see if it might be worth plugging in my formerly beloved RAZR i - to no avail. Incredible to realize that NINE months ago when I switched to iPhone we were still wondering when/if we would ever get kitkat update. My iPhone has received five updates in that time and is now solid beyond belief and will be updated regularly for at least the next three years. The Android update model is broken.

Please, take you're icrap and shove it up somewhere so freaking far we wont hear a word from you here again about you're **** phone. Thanks!
    Please stop posting already which phone you bought instead of Razr I...cause we don't give a ****...This thread is dedicated to Motorola Razr I and the upcoming Android 4.4 update
    Yes,we are all disappointed from Motorola and their slow and half assed support ...now move on and post some actual news regarding the topic
    Had enough of waiting Moto G will be With me tomorrow.

Good for you! :good:
    You get the almost same experience in terms of performance.
    Minus: sd card slot, and maby more poor battery life. I don't think anybody cares about you decided to throw money at something not even worth the upgrade.

wasn't this thread supposed to be about news for the kitkat update only, and not for you all to whine because you can't wait.
    Motorola will release the kitkat update in the beginning of october. i guess at the end of the first week in oct, everyone should have become the update.
    source: facebook page of motorola germany

Liebe RAZR HD- und RAZR i-Besitzer, wir freuen uns folgende Neuigkeit mit euch zu teilen: Ihr werdet euer lang erwartetes Update Anfang Oktober erhalten, beginnend mit dem Update für RAZR HD und bald danach für alle RAZR i-Benutzer. Sobald sie ausgerollt werden, werden wir es auf dieser Seite verkünden, also schaut immer mal wieder vorbei! Vielen Dank für eure Geduld! Euer Motorola-Team

Translated to english:

Love RAZR HD and i RAZR owners, we are pleased to inform us the following news with you: You will receive your long awaited update in early October, starting with the update for RAZR HD and soon after that for all i RAZR users. Once they are rolled out, we will announce it on this page, so check back from time to time over again! Thank you for your patience! Your Motorola team
    Ok folks, it's time to show some tears of happiness. I found this on a Brazilian Motorola's post about Moto X

Captura_de_tela_de_2013_11_03_22_11_03.png

I'll translate it:
    Some guy say:
    "I'm waiting the Razr I update to Android 4.2"

And Motorola Brasil replies:
    "Fabrício, keep calm. The Razr I will be updated, but to a version above Jellybean. We will post more informations as soon we have it"

Here is the post link: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...5.140871914508&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

This surely make my day
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone