• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Motorola and Bootloaders

Search This thread

majatt

Jan 26, 2009
Just trying to raise a bit of awareness, here is moto's blog post on bootloaders. I think they are more likely to respond/realize how much we want this policy changed if we us their own forum.

Also note that the linked document outlining future ICS upgrades completely leaves out the Droid 3. Maybe we can put some pressure on them to make an announcement.

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
What I dont understand is - why can't the bootloaders be cracked?
I mean, everything that's been created by a human being will always be crackable by a human being.

majatt

Jan 26, 2009
It'd take an insane amount of effort, as noted above, to crack it and it could be as easy as motorola providing the tool. They aren't going to do it if there is nothing in it for them and pushing back negative publicity would be a 'plus' for them if we make it a bit enough problem.

davwman

Nov 11, 2010
Centereach
The atrix and the og droid are the only two moto phones worth owning if you really want development. I had the bionic for a week and although the thing was crazy fast, I lost interest immediately. I am and always will be an htc fanboy, but motos hardware is something unmatched by any other. Moto would be insane if they could pull their heads out of their ass and come up with a way to allow bootloader unlocks to those that don't care about warranties. Enter meid and bam, no more warranty or warranty scams.

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
Last edited: