Motorola Atrix 2 official 4.1 leak guide

Search This thread

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Flashed using RSDLITE 6.14 phone Booted but stuck at lock screen what to do now

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

Hey, sorry but I've never encountered getting stuck at lock screen nor do I recall anyone having run in to this scenario after fxz via rsd of stock ICS, really hope someone can chime in to help you out further else if I were you I'd reflash & I am assuming even in the first fxz flash it completed successfuly in RSD.

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Oh, ok, hope some one reading this helps you else recommend to post a new thread with full details with a digi pic in the A2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting.

Plantur

Jun 1, 2010
Kashan
Hi
1- how do instal custom recovery on jb leak1 ?please give me link
i need it for flash update .zip (launcher)

2- what is this in my boot phone ?!!(I bought the phone from a stranger and I have no information) switch system ? system1-2-3-4-5-????
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1,184
Last edited:

katty1987

May 5, 2013
Brilliant post

It works perfectly well for Asia Retail...everthing works... the Jellybean ROM is super fluid and a need of the hour for users stuck with moto stock rom ICS for atrix 2.

chandrak

Jul 4, 2012
Successfully flashed from GB 2.3.6 Asia Retail (India)

Thanks a lot, was able to flash straight from stock GB 2.3.6 asia retail, done in all of 10 minutes. Had an issue with GPS but that was fixed following the directions here.:laugh:

chandrak

Jul 4, 2012
Baseband version mismatch

Hi,

I've flashed JB leak 1 (on the first page of this thread) few days back on my MB865 (India). Everything is super smooth (had to fix GPS) until today, I was going through the screenshots on page 1, and comparing it to my phone, noticed that the baseband version is different. Please check my screenshot.

I've also verified the MD5 checksum for the download file, they match. Currently, my phone has no issues and running smoothly. Should I worry?

Thanks in advance,
Chandra
-----------
MB865 turned into ME865 running JB Leak 1 on Vodafone India

Attachments

• ss2013-05-20_03-52-45_661.jpg
    ss2013-05-20_03-52-45_661.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 410

rajkumarpoliah

Feb 13, 2013
Works great

Thanks Devs! Working great!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Hi
1- how do instal custom recovery on jb leak1 ?please give me link
i need it for flash update .zip (launcher)

2- what is this in my boot phone ?!!(I bought the phone from a stranger and I have no information) switch system ? system1-2-3-4-5-????
attachment.php

This seems to be BMM recovery (Boot Menu Manager)
Which Version you are running? JB/ICS?
If you are on JB leak, you can install again and root and install atrix bootstrapper.

shennwuu

Mar 20, 2013
Does anybody could answer me is it possible to flash this on unlocked att atrix2?

from noob

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

shennwuu

Mar 20, 2013
Owh! Then ,is there any suggested custom rom or official jb for att atrix2?

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

gregoriusness

May 26, 2013
Gynous first

I'm quite happy with this rom. Very little bloatware which is great for an official rom. :)

But I can't find google maps in the play store so can't update it. Any idea why this is the case?

Also since flashing this rom my phone is no longer rooted and I can't find how to root it again.. Any pointers?

turffe

Jul 14, 2012
Kaunas
Redmi 9
Apple iPhone 12
AT&T 4.1

This will not work on AT&T MB865. I tried that via BMM: 1.Backup CID, 2.Backup AT&T ICS kernel, 3.Erase CID, 4. Restore JB backup, 5. Use firmware flashing to flash JB boot.img. After I getted fastboot screen with some OTG data err (can't remember corrertly)... But Mearet ICS via CID erasing on AT&T booted fine... Don't know why JB wont boot..... & on Mearet ICS with mearet kernel camera also working fine...
Screenshots to prove that CID erasing & flashing Retail kernel will not brick your AT&T A2.

UPDATE: JB 4.1 via CID erasing booted, but I gett BMM blinking screen. Maybe LCD drivers problem... If someone has knowledge can share with me....
VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGT_-hlHduQ
FILES LINK (IF YOU WANNA CONTINUE): http://www.filedropper.com/412system-onlybootimg

UPDATE1:
You can boot it on AT&T via CID erasing.
For more info see my post: http://xdaforums.com/show...1&postcount=30 & also: http://xdaforums.com/show...1&postcount=38
Metod reques CID erasing so it's not for noobs. As it very big chance bricking your phone if you don't do (read carefully)...
Pros: you get about 4GB internal storage. cons: camera not working (with AT&T camera libs - bootloop)...

LINK: http://www.gigasize.com/get/r4n4zpon6jf

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Reactions: Ayush Jain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all,
    DISCLAIMER: I am not, in any way, responsible for any damage to your phone. I am not a developer nor a person who will be able to help you much with a problem. I am merely writing this guide as I felt a bit lost when I wanted to flash the update and hope to save you from confusion by explaining what I did. So, any problems such as "My phone isn't switching on!" or "My phone just erupted in a blaze!" or "My dog ate my phone the minute I flashed the update" cannot be directed to me. I hope I am clear.

Second of all, this is NOT for AT&T. It is an ASIAN version made by MotoChina and so, do NOT flash it on your US models as it will result in a brick. Hardware differences. You have been warned. And for those of you who wish to flash it, you can do so on Gingerbread or ICS and you do not need root. I have tested flashing on ICS only, though.

Now, I want to explain a couple of things. This is my first thread/ guide and I hope it helps. I'm new to XDA, so, don't fire at me if I'm doing something wrong. I believe I am justifying why I'm writing this thread with:

These reasons- I was very excited to flash the update but like some of you might be, I was a newcomer to the tweakings of the Atrix 2 and was scared of bricking my phone. I had searched around a lot, unsure of what to do until I found a way. This way might be obvious to many but if someone doesn't know, I hope they can use it. It worked wonders for me. I also want to include a guide with good points about the ROM.

Again, I am not responsible for any damage. Please take care of your own belongings. God, I sound like a school teacher.

Now that all the yada yada is out of the way, let me get to it. The first thing you'll want to do is download the ROM. Now, the original site is in Chinese and kinda slow, so I have a link from my 4shared account. Here you go:
    http://www.4shared.com/archive/LqRerwzY/fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user.html
    For those who want the original link: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=250540&uk=3844247212 (click on the button next to the blue one to download)

While that downloads, You'll want to back up everything you can on your phone. If you're not rooted, try Go Backup
    If you are rooted, and if you don't already have it, try Titanium Backup

Backup anything you feel is important. Note, if you're not rooted, the data of your apps will be deleted. Games specially, will be started from scratch. Think about of your high score, eh?

After backing up all your files, you're almost ready to start flashing. Just download this to get done: RSD
    Original link here for non 4shared peoples

Now, install RSD and follow what I'm telling.

To make it a tad easier, place the ROM on your desktop. This'll make it easy to find. Next, open RSD Lite. I'll try adding screenshots but I'm adding a written guide too.
    2XIpt6v.gif

After opening RSD, switch off your mobile and put it in fastmode (volume down+ power buttons) and connect it to the computer using your USB cable. After connecting, you'll find a "USB port type" and it's status as connected. This means that it's ready. Click on it for it to show unimportant device properties.
    h60izMo.gif

After this click on the button with three dots and locate the ROM in your computer (finding it on the desktop is easy). After this, you'll get a pop-up. There, click "Uncompress only"
    X70nYw6.gif

Once the file is uncompressed, click on start to start flashing the ROM. This'll take a while. There'll be text saying something like "installing xyz 4/19" or whatever but ignore it all. It might also reboot a couple of times but it's all good. Save the heart attack for your later years.
    96oTRvw.gif

Once the whole process is over, you'll get a little sign saying that it passed. This means that your ROM has been flashed. Note- do NOT remove your phone/ let your phone or computer switch off. You do not want to go there. Make sure everything has enough charge.

Now... This step is very important... Reeboot your phone and..... You're done! That's it! Your phone now runs official(kinda) Jelly Bean(4.1)! It's all in Chinese but you can change language at the start. Whew! Nerve wrecking, huh?! Well, all that's left is to enjoy the Jelly Bean goodness(with a slightly nasty bite of MotoBlur)but wait! Here's a great guide by answersamir on how to root your phone with it's new tasty snack!
    Here you go: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36576365#post36576365

For those who want a little preview before flashing the ROM, look here-

My initial impression? Pretty good! It's mostly been uphill from there. I've faced some problems with GPS and internet but I think I messed with my phone too much for it's own good. Even if you have the same GPS problems, the app GPS fix, works miracles. I adore it.

Anyway, this ROM is very stable and can be used for everyday life. It multitasks with ease and has a battery life that lasts me a good few hours with heavy usage. It's also an improvement on ICS due to Jelly Bean's Project Butter. I guess, being an official ROM and all must have something to do with it.

I'll post a few screenshots but I must say this, Google Now and all of Jelly Bean's AMAZING features are worth the risk anyday! It really changes your phone experience and makes it smoother. Even the predictable keyboard is awesome! It has whatever you can imagine and it even has a Jelly Bean camera, along with the Motorola camera app. Internal memory has been increased. Oh, one point that may disappoint some people- Root Explorer is in Chinese and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to fix that. I find this app pretty good though. Cheers and happy Jelly Beaning :D

JC1Sd0Z.jpg

qZdICgK.jpg

kzR5fPu.jpg

h9ttvDp.jpg

SHFjR5I.jpg

D9KG0xz.jpg

dbN34eM.jpg

MIkK7p2.jpg

Y1JVdSe.jpg

kRFW0eA.jpg

argrXPG.jpg

pSbQWlI.jpg

xjM5R7Y.jpg

jIFMnjF.jpg

1Shjmtf.jpg

Jaat8Ec.jpg

Again, this is my first post and I know there's already a guide but I thought this gave a bit more insight into the ROM and gave clear instructions on how to flash it. Thank you all for reading this far. See the little button at the left hand corner below the post named "Thanks"? Ya, please give that a little tap if I helped you :D

And if anyone is interested, The Wallpaper I'm using is Ditalix's live wallpapers. Lovely ones. Check it out here

and the clocks are by Anti Matter from yours truly. You can see the list here.

Thanks again and I hope you liked it and I helped at least someone.
    Please post any questions that I may be able to help with.
    Credits go to the makers of the ROM and the people who have come up with methods to upgrade and root. I own nothing. Well, maybe except the dog eating the phone.

Happy Jelly Beaning! XD :good:
    It might bode well for newcomers to use "One Click Root" as per my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141779

Also it is better to install & use RSD 6 - get it here https://hotfile.com/dl/174582400/60ad26d/RSDLite_6.0.rar.html

The Jelly bean toon screenshots (are those wallpapers?) & how did you achieve the battery %age & temp in the notifications & what is that counter besides whatsapp icon?

Hit thanks if it helps any of you. Cheers ~ RAD7
    More n more of these non U.S. AT&T posts make me SMH...(sorry, just a bit salty we're not getting JB and frankly tired of seeing these) Has anyone ever suggested a side forum for China/Asia retail? Seems to clutter up a lot to the point where U.S. has nothing to look at anymore...

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
    I've seen elsewhere the Jelly Beans floating around which you say is part of the Android System but I've never come across it ever since I installed JB 4.1.2 leak 1..Puzzled!!

If you keep clicking on the line that tell you the version, it opens up a page with a giant jelly bean on it.If you long press on that jelly bean, it takes you to a screen with jelly beans floating around with your wallpaper as the background. It's fun to play with xD Every version since Gingerbread has something in this screen

Is camera working properly along with flash? Any other bug? I will flash tomorrow so just wanted to confirm

Camera works just fine. I remember taking a real good photo with flash and comparing it to an iPhone 4S's camera. The Jelly Bean camera app is just lovely. The way the images are shown and can be deleted are all amazing. Lovely feature :D

Whats that app showing good health in your notification.... Please name the app :)
    The app's name is battery Indicator. Click on the word after the sentence for a Play Store link. Bloop

Pretty useful app :D

Please thank if I helped! As the post says, I'm new here and thanks are welcomed with very open arms :p :D
    As i have heard jelly bean 4.1 is officially developed by moto developers for china but it was not intended to release but it got leaked. And now we are having good time with it :D
    Or may be its developed by developers and it is having tendency to search ota updates so it is called official jb leak not clear but its might be it.
    :D

sent by my ME865 running on official jelly bean china leak

Was developed by Motorola from China. And, as you said, it wasn't released, because they want to sell it's news razr's phones.