Question Motorola Edge S Pro (Manual Update)

Search This thread

athossilveira

Jul 28, 2020
Hello people! I bought an Edge 20 Pro from Aliexpress (as reported by some here) and I have the following question. The Android that came I believe is a Chinese version and has been without updates since July 2021. According to what I got from MotoFlashPro, the version installed is this:

-> ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/pstar_retail/pstar:11/RRA
-> ro.build.fingerprint[1]: 31.Q3-19-19/d30cf:user/release-key
-> ro.build.fingerprint[2]: s
-> ro.build.version.qcom: LA.UM.9.12.r1-11500-SMxx50.0
-> version-baseband[0]: M55_HI25_118.711.01.20R PSTAR_PVT_CHIN
-> version-baseband[1]: ADSDS_CUST

If I upgrade to the latest version but with a ROM from Brazil (this link https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/pstar/official/RETBR/), is it supported or can I not change the current version?

XxThinqxX

Dec 21, 2021
Hello people! I bought an Edge 20 Pro from Aliexpress (as reported by some here) and I have the following question. The Android that came I believe is a Chinese version and has been without updates since July 2021. According to what I got from MotoFlashPro, the version installed is this:

-> ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/pstar_retail/pstar:11/RRA
-> ro.build.fingerprint[1]: 31.Q3-19-19/d30cf:user/release-key
-> ro.build.fingerprint[2]: s
-> ro.build.version.qcom: LA.UM.9.12.r1-11500-SMxx50.0
-> version-baseband[0]: M55_HI25_118.711.01.20R PSTAR_PVT_CHIN
-> version-baseband[1]: ADSDS_CUST

If I upgrade to the latest version but with a ROM from Brazil (this link https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/pstar/official/RETBR/), is it supported or can I not change the current version?
You can update, no problem, not one I've already done the procedure and my phone was wonderful

XxThinqxX

Dec 21, 2021
It is better to delete everything if you are going to do it for the first time and remembering that you have to unlock the bootload

jlgmax

So if you buy the Edge S Pro with unlocked bootloader and install Edge 20 Pro firmware onto it, will the device act the same as a native Edge 20 Pro (Google Play, Google Pay, NFC etc)? Only difference being that future updates need to be manually flashed?

XxThinqxX

Dec 21, 2021
Então, se você comprar o Edge S Pro com bootloader desbloqueado e instalar o firmware do Edge 20 Pro nele, o dispositivo funcionará da mesma forma que um Edge 20 Pro nativo (Google Play, Google Pay, NFC etc)? A única diferença é que as atualizações futuras precisam ser atualizadas manualmente?
yes yes

Daivleid

Jun 20, 2022
Eu tenho uma versão global do edge s pro como faço para encontrar a versão oficial do CN

Mod translation via GT: I have a global version of edge s pro how do i find the official version of CN

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreysus

Jul 29, 2022
Does anyone here can help me update my edge s pro global rom to upgrade android 12?? I tried motoflash pro the latest android 12 using service file and flash file but still it is android 11 not 12 even though the firmware I have downloaded is android 12 through telegram channel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friend,

With the bootloader already unlocked, you can use MotoFlashPro tool to change device ROMs. I used it on my S Pro from aliexpress and it worked perfectly to install a Global ROM.

The annoying part is having to do manual updates whenever available, through the telegram channel.

I'm thinking about testing the Chinese ROM with GApps installed, to receive updates via OTA.
    My fear is that I won't receive updates once the bootloader is unlocked, even with Chinese ROM.
    I just did this procedure on my cell phone and I'm very happy it all worked out detail I passed the latest version with the March 1st patch and everything is working “bluetooth” and NFC the device doesn't turn off or a failure or something like the problem only and safetnet
    Hi friend,

With the bootloader already unlocked, you can use MotoFlashPro tool to change device ROMs. I used it on my S Pro from aliexpress and it worked perfectly to install a Global ROM.

The annoying part is having to do manual updates whenever available, through the telegram channel.

I'm thinking about testing the Chinese ROM with GApps installed, to receive updates via OTA.
    My fear is that I won't receive updates once the bootloader is unlocked, even with Chinese ROM.
    The unlocked bootloader has no effect on receiving OTA updates.