• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Motorola Edge S (Software Update RRN31.Q2.12-14-7) Hide Gesture Navigation (FINALLY!)

Search This thread

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
New software update for Motorola Edge S with a very detailed changelog:

1. System
- Integrated May 2021 security patch
- Added app cloning
- Added real-time internet speed function
- Added option to hide gesture navigation (FINALLY!)
- Modified three-button navigation
- Newly added shutdown alarm function
- Updated Moto App, Moto Operation, Moto Display, Moto Sound Effects
- Optimized MyKey experience
- Optimized system update download stability

2. MyScreen (Left homescreen)
- New myscreen card widgets
- Able to rearrange cards
- Performance fix

3. Camera
- Updated Moto Camera 3
- Updated processing
- Optimized camera imaging effects

4. Moto Gametime
- Bug fixes

5. Moto Device Shield
- Added app cloning
- Updated mobile data manager
- Bug fixes

6. 3rd Party Apps
- Better optimization
Screenshot_20210713-022344.png
Screenshot_20210713-022506.png
Screenshot_20210713-023042.png

Screenshot_20210713-023549.png

Last edited:

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
Another change log:
Motorola added the option to turn on/off Google Play Services from system settings.

This is why I LOVE Motorola China ROM - they OFFICIALLY allow GMS without the need to root or flash to Global Moto G100 firmware.

Screenshot_20210713-023826-643.png

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
nice update! are there any other changes like kernel version, GPU driver date, modem firmware? bluetooth input lag fixed with bluetooth joysticks?,thanks!
What is your concern with kernel version, GPU driver and modem firmware? I can't comment on those as I am on stock firmware. All I can is the device feels snappier but the camera seems to perform worse. Dynamic range was hit hard and details are softer. Image tends to overexpose as well.

Danielson01

May 4, 2013
What is your concern with kernel version, GPU driver and modem firmware? I can't comment on those as I am on stock firmware. All I can is the device feels snappier but the camera seems to perform worse. Dynamic range was hit hard and details are softer. Image tends to overexpose as well.
here I am on version rrt31.q1-84-24-1 this update broke the grid autosport game and also the input lag of the PS4 controller I have is high, because of that my concern with kernel and gpu drivers. kernel of this version is 4.19.157 and gpu driver is 0502 02/10/22, I just wanted to compare the versions because normally the Chinese rom is the base for all roms, thanks for answering!

Reactions: ijuanp03

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
here I am on version rrt31.q1-84-24-1 this update broke the grid autosport game and also the input lag of the PS4 controller I have is high, because of that my concern with kernel and gpu drivers. kernel of this version is 4.19.157 and gpu driver is 0502 02/10/22, I just wanted to compare the versions because normally the Chinese rom is the base for all roms, thanks for answering!
Here you go
Screenshot_20210723-123734.png

Top Liked Posts

Hi . Could you say , how many language are available on edge s ? Thanks
    I sold my Edge S already but from what I can remember, most are Asian languages + some popular European languages like French. Definitely English is there as well.
    I sold my Edge S already but from what I can remember, most are Asian languages + some popular European languages like French. Definitely English is there as well.