• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Motorola Moto G8 accidently switched to slot b

Search This thread

uwucake2020

Apr 11, 2021
I have a Motorola moto g8 and I bricked it. I tried to unbrick it and then accidentally went on slot b.
The phone doesn't show anything and doesn't even show the charging screen. I can't go into the bootloader, neither into the system.
The phone is just blank. What can I do to put it on slot a again?
Since I can't get to the bootloader I can't execute any command and also can't go into recovery.
The phone is just empty - like there isn't anything on it.
How do I put it on the slot a again without commands / fastboot?
Any help would be very helpful.

Last edited:

franta0

Apr 15, 2021
I have a Motorola moto g8 and I bricked it. I tried to unbrick it and then accidentally went on slot b.
The phone doesn't show anything and doesn't even show the charging screen. I can go into the bootloader, neither into the system.
Since I can't get to the bootloader I can't execute any command and also can't go into recovery.
Take it in an authorised servis. Or you must open the phone and short the test pins on the motherboard. But I recommend taking it in a servis.

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Moto G7
The phone doesn't show anything and doesn't even show the charging screen. I can go into the bootloader, neither into the system.
Format data in twrp recovery

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
The phone doesn't show anything and doesn't even show the charging screen. I can't go into the bootloader, neither into the system.
See
Is my device in EDL Mode?
and

uwucake2020

Apr 11, 2021
See
Is my device in EDL Mode?
and

I figured out how it was connected once.
I soft bricked my device as you can see in my first post, so.
I tried to relock the bootloader with TWRP still installed.
I got an error message "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot." (all in red with an error code below)

Then I tried to unlock the bootloader but, (probably because it was unlocked earlier)
my allow OEM unlock setting wasn't turned on.

So I used fastboot boot [flash file] to boot directly into TWRP even bypassing that error.

In TWRP I selected EDL under reboot options.
(That's how I think it showed up as connected earlier.)

I couldn't do anything so I switched to slot B to see what it was.
It was unbootable...

So as you are saying in the thread you sent me, Normally, Motos cannot be forced in to EDL Mode if the bootloader is OEM_Locked.

So is it possible that I somehow got into EDL mode trough TWRP but now I can't because of my (re)locked bootloader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take it in an authorised servis. Or you must open the phone and short the test pins on the motherboard. But I recommend taking it in a servis.

Speaking of test points, does anyone know where are they?
    I tried to find it on the internet but can't find it anywhere.
    Maybe I'm not looking hard enough..